What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Shmalphy, you need to hook your co2 up to a sensor so it controls the ppms of your growroom, hooking up to a thermostat that exhaust and pushes in new air defeats the whole purpose of running Co2, you want a sealed room when using Co2 otherwise your just wasting it IMO, or running back and forth for re-fills every 7-9 days.... When it comes to winter time and running AC's you either need a badass unit or just be really creative/technical....Low ambient kits should be used by people who still have grow rooms hot enough in the winter that they need an AC, ask around most normal east coast growers won't even have to think of using an AC until spring, but if your pumping it out especially with co2 you need a reliable unit 24-7-365.

Bobbo, if you unit keeps freezing up don't stress there isn't much you can do about it unless you your willing to cough up some dough. If you can't control your Co2 with temps and humidity I would stop using it, you'll end up with nicer plants. Co2 can be tricky I am still learning how to use it properly in my grow rooms and I've been at it over a year now. Also if you do decided to stop using it cause you can't control the environment this time of year, then shmalphy's last post is a good idea to add a light or two extra cause you'll save loot on not using the AC which will make up for the lost weight not using co2.

pre harvest........pk's and blueberries
picture.php

blueberry
picture.php

pk
picture.php

chem sis....so yummy!
picture.php

been a while since i've posted or even checked the site, nice to see some guys here throwing up pics and making this thread what it used to be, keep it up boys!

Rolldaddy

Shmalphy's method can work during the winter but I agree and like what Otto says that I want to be able to control my room year round with my thermostat, keep co2 in the room, and control things the same way year round.

If your running a minisplit, low ambient control kits have come down in price. You can pick one up for $130 and shouldn't take more than 1 to 2 hours to install. With the low ambient kit you compressor will cool your inside room no problem even if outside temps are below zero. Hands down I'd use the kit.

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
@ Ottoman: Those are some serious ladies all sort of ripe! the BB flower looks intense with a shit ton of trichs! the pk looks vicious too :tiphat:

Tyga

Veteran
Good to see you back otto! Dont blame ya for peacin for a feq the thread was shit for a while.... Seems to be turning around lately though.
You still running aptus? Think its worth the Xtra $?
All those nugs look mint... Especially the PK...

B

BasementGrower

any ideas on how to make the best exhaust system with running 3 1000s in 1 room.. and a 1000 and 400 in another room.. there both runnin opposite times.. trying to get my temps up.. so adding more lights an expanding a room.. so im thinking of just exhausting everything into the lung room.. and then have the lung room on an exhuast system.

i need my dark times temps to go up. and the 400w room isnt cutting it.. so adding 1000w and making the room another 5feet longer.. any ideas on how to exhaust this the right way..

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I was having this problem as well. A dehumidifier running in the dark period will make your temps rise for sure. Insulation is your friend, you can never have to much. I have a garage with no furnace, and right now my temps dont go below 65, in the dark period, and it was 15 degrees below zero two days in a row recently lol!!!! Your lung room idea is awesome, you just need to use it in reverse so instead of expelling hot air, your bringing it back in. My whole system is pretty much closed with little bits of fresh air sneaking in thru cracks, and because i know that my plants need fresh air to use, this is what i do. I bought a propane convection heater( looks like an old kerosene heater) and i run it for a couple hours at a time in my room outside my lung room. Because of the lights and the heater it never get's cold in there and my plants get fresh co2 everyday. While all this is happening i have two 250 cfm fans going one for intake one for outtake. I pull warmed air thru my lights into the flower room, and then it's exausted out of the room down by the floor(oppisite of normal, I want the hot air that rises to stay in my room. The air is pushed into a room outside of the grow where it mixes with a little fresh air and the co2 enriched air , and then slowly makes it's way back into my mother room thru a crack in the wall seam i left on purpose. Here in my "lungroom" it's prewarmed then dragged into my flower room. My plants seem to like it, and my partner can't believe i got it to work. I feel like a goddamn genius.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Rolldaddy, good to see ya around, and couldn't agree with you more your low ambient kit suggestion you told me months back is really awesome for growers like us. I actually still need to hook mine up things have been running good without it until the last few nights, hopefully won't be too much of a bitch to hook up.

NE978, thanks mang! it was one of my better rounds in a while to be honest.

Tyga, all those pics are non-aptus nugs. Honestly my thoughts on the aptus are this, your gonna 110% get better yeilds enough so it makes it worth running cause they'll pay for them selves in that respect, but....As far as appearance hands down my non aptus feed schedule is WAY better IMO. Also the yeilds aren't as good as the aptus but they're respectable enough for my liking. Now I wouldn't say I'd never use the aptus again but at the same time I am not running to the store to grab more, I am really digging the M.O.A.B and Hammerhead combo the last few runs, currently I trying out Rock Resinator as suggested by a grower whos opinions I think highly of cause they know their shit, excited to see how they turn out.

basement grower, I know this sounds simple but why not just add a heater to the room for the dark period?

Any new England soil growers have any experience with coast of Maine products as a base soil? They make different soil mixes, ewc, and fertilizer. Given its availability in the new England area, I was wondering if anyone uses their products, if so which ones, and how you may have amended them.

B

BasementGrower

neverheard of it when i lives out in new england.. but now that im in the center of the country.. i just stick with promix.. for now. im hoping cannas old coco that didnt come all ground up .. comes back..

Tyga

Veteran
Per reccomendation of Otto check out botanicares Coco gro bricks. Dirt cheap, nice texture and all my bricks have been good to go right adter expanding them with zero flushing. Just stay away from their pre-bagged stuff!

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Thanks guys! I am not using the a/c anymore, or running Co2. I am now exhausting the hot air outside. Temps seem to be good even with boosting the air from the house into the tent. I've got some pics to put up, the last time I tried I was having trouble putting them up-now I've just been procrastinating

Rolldaddy

Otto, your lucky your units been working for you since it's been so cold. The mini's we have start to freeze when outside temps are between 60-40f. Good news is the low ambient kit is easy to install and works good for mini splits

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
WOO! damn chem always putting a smile on this face everytime i see a quick pic update. I do have a question for you. In that first pic what are those tall ass ladies in the back left corner that also go to the right that arent in full bloom yet? That #9 is some serious flower eh :tiphat:

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
NEG -- those are white berry kush #9, they are the most OG in structure of all the wbk phenos, but also produce the worst looking flowers of the lot... so i took them all outa veg and running them all at once to get them outa the program. i posted pics of the keeper pheno in my thread just now, youll think its straight OG from the picture but the smell is all fruit and berries.

Latest posts

Latest posts