What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
i know what Mendels law is and Im not doing this to sell or make doe nor do i claim to be a breeder. who knows maybe i might get lucky, maybe not but to have that 1 perfect one in there is worth it nvm being able to have a stash of good seed stock. Who knows maybe ill find some keepers that display traits i want to use as head and for my patients. This is my personal grow and i got plenty of room at the ECD HQ to explore vast gene pools.

negitive vibes man.... smoke one

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
That makes sense... for a breeder who grows thousands of plants... using the limited space in a small grow to explore vast gene pools is possibly not the most efficient use of resources IMO... YMMV

Chucking pollen doesn't qualify as breeding. Ignoring Mendel's laws and skipping the Punnet square is not a good place to start a breeding program either... Like I said, you might get lucky.. odds are stacked against you though...

Mendel's law and punnet squares? We're not growing peas and corn here. That stuff doesn't square with cannabis. Come into 2012, smhalpy.

You're assuming linkage between visible traits and genotype, no? How else can you determine that plants A, E and G are better to use than plants F, J, and X without growing their progeny? You can't.

More to the point, why pass over certain candidates that are close to your goal or have a higher chance of getting you to your goal? Because someone on the internet said to use two true breeding parents? It's foolish, like people who cull plants that spit a male flower or two. You don't know how that plant might recombine with another. We can talk space limits or plant counts but that's all secondary to the main point: finding the best plants.

You don't need thousands of plants, though I wouldn't mind that kind of space, and frankly, if you don't know what you're looking for it doesn't matter if you grow 10 plants or 10000.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
P.S. You should've known this already, I know you read Gascan's thread and this exact topic came up today and Microbeman quoted info that supports my point about Mendel exactly. Here it is...

Since Mendel's time, scientists have discovered chromosomes and DNA. We now interpret the Principle of Independent Assortment as alleles of genes on different chromosomes are inherited independently during the formation of gametes. This was not known to Mendel.
http://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty/...kgenintro.html

shmalphy

Veteran
Mendel's laws apply to almost all eukaryotes...

I am not saying pollen chucking is bad, just don't get your hopes up...

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
The point about Mendel is crystal clear.

Grow up, dude. Neg rating posts is just weak sauce because someone disagrees with you.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Hah! I don't give two shits if you listen or not. I'm not sharing opinions here trying to sway people, just cold hard information. You couch your own personal opinions behind your own poorly informed knowledge base. Read some Charles Xavier, suzycremecheese, Tom Hill, hell pick up a book from Allard and you'd know more than that Mendel bullshit you keep spouting about.

You're clearly in over your head on the matter so I'm not surprised you don't listen. It's likely how you've arrived at this point. You just found out an F1 incross produces F2 and not S2 so please, spare me. You don't deserve a seat at the adult table so I'll talk to you like the little kid you act like. You contribute nothing to this thread but your own self serving bullshit.

And hell, I don't mind neg rep but be a big boy about it and gimme that red dot. Hiding behind not helpful ratings is straight cowardly.

I've said my piece, you don't deserve any more of my time. I know what I do and why. You do what you do, I couldn't care less.

Last edited:
H

highsteppa

what's up with is thread and where all the bros disappearing too? Too many grommets, ya making the real growers scarce :peek:

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Well, just look at the posts in here lately. Who would want to deal with this bullshit? Faux experts that don't even know the difference between F2 and S2 trying to tell other people how they should be doing things. Or condescending to long standing members in here because they're suddenly brave to post but too cowardly to disagree with people head on. It's a fucking joke. This whole site is, frankly. Hate to say it but when ya been here as long as I have you can tell things aren't quite the same. Sad, really. For a long stretch this thread was the best on icmag. I'm just glad I was here for the good times and made some great friends that will last long past this site.

Soon enough I'll wise up and instead of talking about how much this place annoys me nowadays I'll just do what Otto did and say fuck it.

Jeeyah

Who ever is neggin Rasputin suck a dick! This thread used to be the best. CHACO's my idol.

We have a storm coming. I'm nervous as fuck. We should be talking about what type of generators we're buying/running. I heard Honda is reliable?

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Last year my plants had 7 days left to finish when the power went out for 7 days. It couldnt have been anymore perfect. I got so lucky and the plants got super sticky being in the dark for a week.
This year if it happens.....Im all done for. I have 12 SSSDH's, a C+ and a BST in mid-flower, 26 clones in veg, and 30 seedlings in veg. Praying for it to pass us without loosing power.

Ohh man I'm praying the same thing ..the veg plants will grow in the dark and I do 24/0 so I can always revert ..but my flower is 11 days in I can't afford it

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
Hate to say it but when ya been here as long as I have you can tell things aren't quite the same. Sad, really. For a long stretch this thread was the best on icmag. I'm just glad I was here for the good times and made some great friends that will last long past this site.

Soon enough I'll wise up and instead of talking about how much this place annoys me nowadays I'll just do what Otto did and say fuck it.

I feel you man. ive been here on the mag since 09 just under a new user now and this place is really going to shit I wasnt around for the Glory days of the site but been around long enough to know that its going to shit. im Just a humble grower trying to do his thing and spread knowledge along with educating my self everyday... and Im on the same page as you and otto.... fuck it.

dpfour20

i realize the wealth of information available on ICMAG, I wouldnt know anywhere close to the amount of stuff I do if it werent for this site. BUT... Its only an internet forum guys!!!! Shitty growers and internet trolls come and go pretty consistently, and while they may seem to clog up the works a bit, the only people who (usually) stick around on sites like this, are the knowledgable people, and the people who also WANT to be knowledgable. You were new on this site at some point in time too!

A

Alone

This year if it happens.....Im all done for. I have 12 SSSDH's, a C+ and a BST in mid-flower, 26 clones in veg, and 30 seedlings in veg. Praying for it to pass us without loosing power.
I almost forgot...I also have 2 ~SSSDH's with about 2oz apiece on them ready for harvest in like 7 days and 2 ~SSH's that need atleast another 2 weeks that would have given me another 3 oz's. If we loose power for more than 2 days all I can do is put l.e.d flashlights in the veg room to keep them in veg and the same with the flower room.... 12 hours of L.E.D flashlights a day until power is restored. These SSSDH's will stretch like a mother though. LOL

shmalphy

Veteran
I feel so flattered that you sat there reading all my posts to see if I ever made a mistake Rasp! How long did that take? LOL

If your gonna call me out for mistakes I made in another thread, at least get it right... I confused the "s" in s1 s2 as "sibling" not "selfed" crosses... They are still not f1 f2 as gascan said, so we were both wrong, but if you noticed, we are all adults in that thread so no one turned into a whiny little bitch. We both managed to learn something...

Looks like I have a couple more people to add to my ignore list... Best of luck in all of your endeavors, you will need it...

S

skunkburner

Hope everyone is still with power and this storm hasn't fucked anyone over. Quick question, anyone know where I can order Canna Mono nutrients to the US? It looks like it's only available in the UK/EU, but I'm sure there's a website that you can order from that will ship to the US. Or if anyone can recommend a Cal/Mag supplement that will work well with the Canna nutrient program that'd also work.