What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

loyalty7

Oh ya I'm so blazed... Reason I got on here was to say .... WOOOAH! Lucifer OG tastes fucking deliciouszzz

Chaco I see why u were calling it sfv pheno, it tastes verrrry similar to my boys sfv cut. How long do u take her? I'm just turning amber @ 98 days!? Hehe, the one I'm smoking now I chopped around 89 days & she was cloudy & milky triched. The candy Chem is pure stink, lol.
Damn 98 days i wish i had the self control to wait that long...that must be some bomb bud...ENJOY

G

guest121295

Nice cool night out there gentlemen! Been up for awhile, my pits are sweating, I smoked a bit of oil to go back to sleep, well it had me up all night.I was coughing so hard I had a nosebleed...Still, not a bad night!The nights deadly still and steaming, I can't bring the RH below 60 until the lights come on.The bare bulbs have helped me keep the RH down in the daytime but those 1000W bulbs really bug out my eyes, I keep my goggles on but we all skip a few steps on occaision! I think that as the plants finish in this heat, I'm going to run less light and keep a temp in the 70's rather than go to 81 with all lamps ahead...How are you guys faring with this heat, its normal but how's the fort holding?:)

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm killing it this summer! My 4 ton AC is kicking ass and taking names. The thermostat with built-in humidistat keeps everything right where I want it. Canopy temps never exceed 73 and it shows in my meds :woohoo:

need to grab a new camera and snap some picks.

oh btw The Shire cut is fucking vigorous monster! I think you will flip out when you see this thing in action Chaco :biggrin:

Last edited:
A

Alone

The humidity and heat have been an issue for me because of the cheap Wal-Fart A/C units for $99.00. They keep the room cool at 73 - 77 lamps on. But light streams through the a/c where the cool air comes through! I have to tun it off and cover it at lights out so by morning/ lights on, its 89 degrees in there.

My humidity has been around 50-60 which is too high but my plants for some reason, dont seem to be affected by this wierd - cool during the day, and hot at night thing.
I do have a dehumidifier but I cant run it while veg lamp and flower lamps are on or Ill pop the breaker so Im gonna have to put it in there at lights out to keep the H down.

Tyga

Veteran
I have not followed the cookie thread, they just looked way different and I was curious. Thanks.

I want this one.
View Image

This seems to be the more common cut, with those Sour D type leaf structure. Leaves on that cut seem to turn almost black, but seems to be a very small yielder. Coastal's cookie cut looks like a MUCH higher yielder than majority of the one's I see in the GSC thread. Can't wait to see how Otto's SOG type cookie grow goes, seems like SOG is the only way to grow out cookies if you want any sort of respectable yield.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Alone,

Open up the AC case and put reflective ducting tape on the back side of any Styrofoam. Then fill in any cracks on the side and top with Great Stuff (avoiding the exact area the air comes out).

So glad I was taught this trick, it will block light from escaping out of the AC and will help protect the photo periods of your plants by not allowing light in. Literally takes 10-15 minute to do, and will let you run it at night and not wake up every morning worrying about...

G

Guest 315072

alone my boy has his problems like urs.. he got a new six in fan.. and set up some ducting bringing in cold air at nite... its on a timer... so he gets the best of both worlds his ac turns off.. and the fan comes on.. and the temp stays nice ..

as long as theres a good amount of fans blowing the air around.... i dont think ull have to big a issue!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Well, glad to hear others having good growing summer cause mine is going like shit lately. As soon as I moved those good looking big momma's over to the flower room and bent them over things kind of took a turn for the worse. After a week or so of observation and playing around I think that my ph meter has been way off which starting give the plants lockout out of certain nutrients, each strain acted a little different. I went out yesterday and got a new PH pen and the drops, so now I have 2 pens and the drops so no reason whatsoever for this being a problem again, so now within the next 5 days or so I should see these things bounce back, if they don't it may be my worse fear which is the broad mites fucking with the plants, but I highly doubt it (or just in denial) I cleaned up everything in the grow area and everything was sprayed with avid twice and 1 spray of conserve SC. It that didn't do it and in another 7-10 days I don't see significant improvement I am going into melty mode and cleaning house with all the mom's and plants and starting fresh from seeds. These last couple months have been probably the most frustrating of my growing days, so much time and effort has been put into the garden and things are so on point, yet still things are breaking my balls. I have seriously considered trying to find a suit and tie job that how discouraged i've been lately, but as Al Bundy use to say "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all!" I hope to show you guys some healtheirs ladies within a weeks time or it time to hit the restart button.

whole rooms, pics taken with lights off thus the droopiness.
picture.php

beat up chem 4, the worse of them all...
picture.php

picture.php

green crack
picture.php

blueberries
picture.php

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ keep your head up Otto :comfort:

not every run is perfect and its the fuck-ups that we learn from

if you need any replacements for moms I can help you out

loyalty7

Hey otto that looks like my plants when i got hit with broad mites, I cut alot of stuff down because of it. After trouble shooting with ppm,ph etc...All i needed was two doses of avid and everything went back to normal...So just dont rule out the broad mites, and there not hard to get rid of as long as you use avid or forbid, good luck and fk the suit and tie lol

Bi0hazard

Veteran
To me it looks more like nutrient lock out. The tips of the leaves are not curled hard core like with the broad mites. But you can never be too sure, definitely worth hitting with avid and forbid.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its a hot one today!!!! im about to swim!!

coastal - YUP!! my monster piece stemless quickly became a more used bong once i got it. but i still have the 2.5 footer!

ottoman - those are some big ladies. i really hope they all bounce back for you. i know what you mean, some bug battles are incredibly frustrating. good luck :respect:

-stay cool.-
:laughing:

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Loyalty, I am for sure not ruling out the broad mites but those plants in the pics were sprayed with Avid about 22 days ago then once more 18 days ago, then they got a spraying of conserve sc 7-10 days ago. I admit to spraying healthy each time and saw some damage but nothing like i've seen the past week after nothing was sprayed on them for at least a week. It was once they went into the flowering room which was quarantined heavily. I thought maybe since I bent them over and all those extra lumens might have stressed them a bit, but like I said never anything this drastic IME. I did also read on the broad mite thread some one posted something along the lines of even after a successful wipe out of the mites you can still except to see similar damage up to two weeks. Only time will tell, I admit to things looking a bit better the past couple days but nothing like I was excepting and my expectations weren't very high to start with. thanks for the positive vibes, I think the suit and tie was a bit of an stretch, I am more suited to be like one of those 5 construction guys that stand around the one person doing all the work when your on the highways.

Last edited:

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
BiO, yeah to be honest and I don't know why I really don't want to hit them with avid and forbid while in flowering at all if I don't need to, I am gonna take this issue as a ph/lockout and see how it goes, if it's the mites they'll show and I will dump the flowering plants. But as of right now my veg plants in solo's look great and my mom's show no signs of broad mite damage at all, on top of that all my cookies flowering have their pistils and are growing, a little yellowish but doing way better then the chem4 and GC's, the blueberries are pretty hardy and I am confident they'll do fine.

FB, good to see ya around man!

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Ottoman,

Maybe take off a leaf from each plant and examine the bottom sides in 60x magnification... Will help give you a clearer picture =)

G

guest121295

Otto, you have my deepest sympathies! I'm going to start cutting tomorrow, most everything is flushed and done.I can't keep up with 90 deg and 6k.Everything came out great, I'd rather cut a few days early than lose the whole show.I'm glad I started flushing last week...my instincts tell me its a lockout issue you have Otto, I've never seen your plants look anything like that and 2-3 days with a whacked out PH meter will do it, as I'm sure you know.I'm cutting down to 2k for a seed run and keeping my veg room tight.this will be my vacation, a rez and some drippers while I'm out fishing...
picture.php

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Otto, how's the preflower situation? Go in and look for some healthy, perky preflowers. If you can't find any, or you find some that are dying from the TOP DOWN with a burnt curl it's BM's.

If you had em', sprayed twice (22 and 18 days ago), then odds are you got em'. It's good to go back for more when it comes to avid sprays. Even though you gotta dress up like a fucking Ghostbuster to apply it. That's why I hit the shut down button. Too much.

Last edited:

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Chaco, thanks man, ph is what I am hoping for but we'll all see in a a few more days, I've never been afraid to show ugly plants, it's how we get better as growers. Someone else's perspective it much different then mine and the guy next to me so I like hearing peoples opinion. P.S. god damn I wish I was on that boat fishing with ya, what a stress reliever.

melty, so I stopped by my favorite bar up here in maine today just to get out of the house and my mind off the situation, what a good idea the waitresses for whatever love me(I am a ugly troll boy), and are even friendlier when my girlfriend isn't with me go figure. Anyways after talking bio dynamics with the bartender I figured out what i am going do and this may sound dumb but....the plan is to let them keep flowering with no chem sprays, the reason being is I NEED to know if it the BM's or not, I looked for a few hours today and to be honest I couldn't tell you if I saw an egg or not, just added frustration hence the bar. If the flowering plants show they have them then I'll toss them and nuke the veg/mom plants, avid/forbid/conserve sc. I do hope chaco is right with the Ph problem but u just never know.

Back to listening some steely dan and bong rips.....I know people hate on the dan but screw you I LOVE THEM! LOL.....