What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Hey, have you guys ever grown Master Thai's "Heavenly"? I was reading some of his posts in some hash talk threads that Raco posted up.Seems like quite a funny dude.The posts were from 2007 and I havn't seen the guy around but I have the cut and somebody kept it for a reason, the cuts I find up here in the NE usually turn out pretty good, as a matter of fact, I've yet to find a bad one, like a bigbud type thing...:)

I've been told it yields well and puts out some serious frost. Up until now I hadn't bothered to read up on it at all but I just checked a thread on it in the smoke reports forum and it was a weird read. Some characters involved, to say the least.

But that being said, I'm actually looking forward to flowering this cut now. Since I found out about the mislabel I put it on the back burner and had it in a corner of the veg room but Romulan x C99 sounds pretty damn good to me. I'll have to toss her in with the next run so I can sample of the goods and see what's what.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Basically. The breeder claims it was made before Space Queen but yeah, same parental lines just different individual selections.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
LOL I have one of those old reflectors a buddy gave me years back in my garage right now. "The Mothership".

In the past when I ran 1k mhs next to 1k hps in flower I always noticed the yield was better with the hps, but the nugs were tighter and more resinous with the mh. If you can swing it mixed spectrum is totally the way to go. Toss a couple mh 400's in the flower room, what the worst that can happen?
Accompanying my 70w HPS, would you recommend:

-2700K-300W-CFL
or
-6500K-300W-CFL?

I currently have the 2700K, but from my research, i would agree that by widening the spectrum using the 6500K, it will help my plants grow healthier.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Budelight

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
March 6th - Marijuana Legalization Gets A Hearing In Massachusetts

March 6th - Marijuana Legalization Gets A Hearing In Massachusetts

Seen this?

The Article - http://www.theweedblog.com/massachusetts-marijuana-legalization-bill-hearing-tuesday-march-6/

The Bill - http://www.malegislature.gov/Bills/187/House/H01371

Legalization hearing at the statehouse, room A-2, Tuesday, March 6 at 1:00, Judiciary Committee, please come.

Section 10. Licenses

The authority shall, consistent with the objectives set forth in the preamble to this act, issue the following licenses to such applicants as may qualify under this act and the rules and regulations of the authority: cultivation licenses, processing licenses, trade licenses, retail licenses, import licenses, research licenses and farmer-processor-retailer licenses. Provided, however, no such license shall be issued until the applicant therefor demonstrates to the satisfaction of the authority that he is twenty-one or more years of age, is familiar with all laws and regulations relating to cannabis, and will exercise said license in premises adequately secure and otherwise suitable.

a. The holder of a cultivation license may possess, propagate, grow and cultivate cannabis and carry on such other horticultural activities as are reasonably required for the commercial cultivation of cannabis. He may sell cannabis only to the holder of a processing license, his agent or employee, and to no other person. He shall file regular reports as may be required by the authority, and shall be subject to all reasonable times to inspection by the authority or its representatives. A cultivation license shall be exercisable in one place only. The annual fee for a cultivation license shall be $500.

b. The holder of a processing license, his agents and employees, may obtain cannabis only from the holder of a cultivation or import license. He may possess, process, package, box and crate cannabis, and may transfer cannabis only to the holder of a trade license, his agents or employees. Processing, packaging, boxing and crating of cannabis shall be conducted in only one place. Cannabis shall be packaged in quantities of one ounce, by dry weight, in bulk only, not rolled into cigarette form. The processor shall cause a label to be placed on each package bearing the following information:

(1) The name and place of business of the processor;

(2) The THC level by percentage of dry weight, without seeds.

(3) The following statement: The Operation of a Motor Vehicle under the influence of cannabis, alcohol or any other intoxicant is a crime punishable of a fine of up to $5,000 or imprisonment up to two and a half years, or both, and the loss of your license to drive.

c. The processor shall affix upon each cannabis package a tax stamp or such other documentation as the authority may require, and shall transfer neither title nor possession of same to any person without the said stamps affixed. Said stamps shall be of such design and in such denomination as the authority may prescribe, and shall be the means by which the excise imposed by section nine hereunder shall be paid to the authority. The authority, in its discretion, may authorize the use of a metering machine approved by it in lieu of stamps in order to press onto or attach to each package of cannabis evidence of the payment of said excise. Such machine shall be sealed by its authorized representative and shall be used in accordance with such rules and regulations as the authority may prescribe. The authority may for cause at any time suspend or revoke the authority to use such a metering machine.

d. The authority shall redeem any unused or mutilated but identifiable stamps or unused amounts for which a meter is set that any license processor may present for redemption; provided, they were originally lawfully purchased by the processor who presents them for redemption. Such redemption shall be made at the face value thereof. The authority may prescribe necessary rules and regulations for redemptions under this section. If the authority is satisfied that a processor is entitled to a redemption he shall issue to him stamps of equivalent value to cover the mutilated stamps or he may order a refund equal to the actual amount paid for said unused or mutilated stamps for the unused amounts for which the meter was set.

e. All processors shall file under the penalties of perjury with the authority, on forms to be furnished by it, monthly reports on or before the 20th day of each calendar month showing the number of stamps on hand at the beginning of the month, the number purchased during the month, the number on hand at the end of the month, the number affixed or otherwise disposed of during the month, and such other information as the authority shall require. All processors shall keep complete and accurate records from which information can be obtained to complete and audit said report, and such other records as the authority may prescribe, shall preserve such records for three years and shall offer them for inspection at any time upon oral or written demand of the authority or its duly authorized agents. The stocks of unused stamps in any metering machines shall be open to inspection by the authority or its duly authorized agents at all reasonable times.

f. The holder of a processing license, his agents and employees, may possess, process, package, box and crate cannabis seeds and may transfer such seeds as are capable of germination to the holder of a cultivation license if said seed is capable of producing cannabis preparations having a THC content of more than 0.5% by dry weight, without seeds. The annual fee for a processing license shall be $1,000.

g. All cannabis sold by processors shall be analyzed and graded by level of THC, established by dry weight, without seeds.

i. The holder of a trade license, his agents and employees, may obtain cannabis only from a duly licensed processor or importer, and may possess cannabis only bearing valid documentation required to be affixed to all packages under the provision of paragraph 10(b) above. He may keep, store, warehouse, and transport same, and may sell cannabis only to duly licensed retailers. The annual fee for a trade license shall be $3,000.

j. . The holder of a retail license may sell cannabis only to adult members of the public, not visibly intoxicated or otherwise in such condition as may present a threat to public safety.

k. . All sales of cannabis to the public must take place within the licensed premises of the retailer, which premises must be enclosed.

l. . A retail license shall be exercisable only at the location specified in the license.

m. All cannabis sold by a licensed retailer must bear all appropriate labels and documentation required by this act and prescribed by the authority.

n.. Cannabis shall not be sold or distributed to any person not an Adult as defined above.

o. Possession of packaged cannabis for sale at retail not bearing valid documentation as prescribed hereunder shall be a violation of Chapter 94C, Section 34, of the General Laws. It shall be no defense to a claim of violation of this paragraph that the retailer in good faith believed documentation borne by cannabis in his possession to be valid.

p. The annual fee for a retail license shall be $2,000.

q. The holder of an import license may possess cannabis and shall distribute same only to the holder of a processing license. All imported cannabis is subject to the same requirements of this act relating to labeling and grading as domestic cannabis.

r. The annual fee for an import license shall be $2,500.

s. The holder of a farmer-processor-retailer license may cultivate, process and sell cannabis at retail subject to the same requirements of this act relating to labeling, grading and taxation, and provided all cultivation, processing and retail sales occur on a single licensed premises.

t. The annual fee for a farmer-processor-retailer license shall be $2,500.

u. The authority may issue research licenses for the bona fide conduct of medical, social, behavioral or other research, upon such conditions and terms as the authority may prescribe consistent with the objectives of this act.

G

Guest3498

Accompanying my 70w HPS, would you recommend:

-2700K-300W-CFL
or
-6500K-300W-CFL?

I currently have the 2700K, but from my research, i would agree that by widening the spectrum using the 6500K, it will help my plants grow healthier.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Budelight

I'm no expert when it comes to getting the most out of small lights and places (only use cfls for cloners), but I'd say that using both probably isn't a bad thing... There's a local grower who goes by the name someotherguy, he's used cfl's extensively in the past and is very knowledgeable, I'd shoot him a pm with stuff like that I'm sure he'd be happy to help.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
blueberry day 30
picture.php

picture.php

GO LEGALIZATION! best of luck all you mass peeps!

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Rasputin,

That Romulan x C99 sounds like it will be dank. The space queens and crosses of it that Sub_Cool did - were incredibly frosty almost to the point of covering the nugs with so many trichromes they looked like they had a wet sparkling coating on the nugs. I've yet to see many strains that do this.

It's usually works out well when C99 is crossed back to a strong mind/body indica - That genetic combination of Romulan x C99 can create an outer-space high with little ceiling - really great sativa head space as well. It sounds like it would yield more than the TGA batches i tried - they were dank but usually low yielders.

One of my all time favorites is still Jilly Bean (Orange Velvet x Space Queen).

S

skunkburner

So I'm 45 days into flower, and the rental company calls me today to schedule a walk through of the house to check that everything is in order. Now I've got to break down the vegging tent, ducting, and move everything I can into the garage for the duration of the walk through. I've got a card and I'm within my plant limits so I'm not worried about police, has anyone else been in a similar situation and can offer some advice on surviving this ordeal?

mmmcake

day 51 from flip. sorry about the smudge on the lens. didnt notice till after. should be picking up my 150 hps in the next day or two. not sure if it will make much of a difference this far along(but im hoping so)
picture.php

loyalty7

I just had to try one, grabbed it today so far i love the spread even with the small hoods, But heat is still there
picture.php

TB Gardens

Veteran
It's the gavita 300 I'm guessing, not the 1150 right?

Ur comment on heat confirms my suspicions about those lamps. They look great and sound great, but if I can't cool my hoods that means I have to use a/c all year... That doesn't make my room any more efficient. The amps my a/c would need to run all year would be better spent on more lumens, IMO. Gavita claims higher lumen output, but the heat has to go somewhere in those hoods.. Which is down to the canopy. So either Id have to raise all the gavitas way up high or have constant a/c going to canopy. And if it's the UVB spectrum that's so sought after with them, well u can go to any pet store to pick up UVB bulbs. I don't mean to rant, but I just don't see the fiscal benefits from them, unless it's doubling weight... Because that's essentially what adding more lights to a room would do, like I done said so.

They do kick out a purdy blue light, and hell I'm sure I'll be eating my words somewhere down the road. I'm just a skeptical fella

Latest posts

Latest posts