What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

G

guest121295

That's funny because all the deadheads I knew paid nothing less than 400, that was around 88-93 but these were the mercenary types who sold the shit at shows.I used to get 400 an oz in Colorado, period.Co is a wealty state with loads of rich deadhead kids, seriously, new vehicles, new ski gear and bad grades!:) Even in 'bumpkin towns you could pull 325 easy, Co has always been like Ca about their weed. I was just wondering if the Sister was a real Sister or some S1 version.I love the both of them!!Smoked the D all day yesterday, it was great, not a day knocker at all, hell I was racing around the bay at 8pm last night, I havn't stayed up that late in a year!

C

chefro420

According to legend the Sister and the D came from the same bag of seeds.The Sister was found in 91 and the D was found in 01.The 91 Dog and chem4 were also seeds from the same bag.So they really are Sisters, damn near identical twins, and pretty too!!...Just decided to hook up a dehum 24/7.I've been too cheap to run it all the time but after yesterday's swamp heat, I need to protect myself better, in the summer it seems one little thing will throw you to the curb!! Thanks Chefro for the push to throw in the dehumidifier.

heh! No worries bro !

G

guest121295

Here's the readings from my cold room, I have a 6" line with 465cfm going into the flower room and an 8" exhaust, not sure what it pushes, dumping into this room.So this spot supplies the a/c line and accepts the hot exhaust.The dehum is running in the middle of the room.My flower room exhaust is 77, the floor is 72.It's impossible to warm up the cold room, all the rooms are connected with 5600W.Pretty chilly for me, I mean, I like it, I'm used to 85 degrees on hot days!!:)
picture.php

the deadheads I know were not little rich kids they were tour rats with very little money....
they called themselves family and looked out for one another or whoever was kind to them......After Jerry died most went on to follow the rainbow tribe.........I could never figure out how they never had 10 bucks to eat with but could get a qp in the mail in 2 days if you let them use your adress.I still talk to a couple of them every few years but we kinda fell outta touch.....Life and Age just caught up I guess.....I saw my friend eli in 2004 who was in town for a funeral..I was driving a ups truck at the time....He couldnt believe I was working for the man and I couldnt believe he was not working.....went to see him in boulder late 05 And he was getting into the whole medi scene......Ahhhh the memorys........

it's starting to get sweltering outside Im afraid to run my a/c cause my electric is allready through the roof......I guess I have no choice.......heres some dairy queen buds......I really miss having a good selection, I love this weed but since I moved and cut the shop in 1/2 Ive been smoking nothing but this and blue satellite....but it beats smoking nothing..........

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

guest121295

Looks good from here Stumpy, how much power do you have access to?...I'm in the opposite boat, I have about 11 diff kinds of great weed all stacked up in jars, I was so bored I had to take a day off...then it all came back with a joint of Uzbeki / X-18.This stuff smells disgusting, the heavy sharp red wine smell jumps out of the jar, damn strong too!! I can get freshly high at least 5X a day from having diff bud to smoke, a little hash never hurt either..We've about 5gal of trim from the chem D, making hash this weekend I hope, I have almost 2oz to throw in too.The hash always seems to come first.:)

I have access to 1600 watts of hid actually I have 3 1000 watters in storage but here I have 2 600's and a 400 m/h......I am only running 1 600 right now though......9 plants at a time.....unless you mean how much can the house draw? that I dont know the 1st thing about......I know sometimes I stare at the pole out side my window and try to figure out a way to tap right into it.......If I was capable of doing electric work I would totally do it.....

not a big hash fan in general and even less of a fan of bubble hash......I made it a few times but it tasted weird........I must have botched something allthough I cant see where or how.........Its a pretty straight forward process......
I remember the days of having 6 jars of selection.......It was fun to see which one emptied the fastest allways seemed to be ecsd........Im jellous chaco........;)

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
That's funny because all the deadheads I knew paid nothing less than 400, that was around 88-93 but these were the mercenary types who sold the shit at shows.I used to get 400 an oz in Colorado, period. Co is a wealty state with loads of rich deadhead kids, seriously, new vehicles, new ski gear and bad grades!:) Even in 'bumpkin towns you could pull 325 easy, Co has always been like Ca about their weed. I was just wondering if the Sister was a real Sister or some S1 version.I love the both of them!!Smoked the D all day yesterday, it was great, not a day knocker at all, hell I was racing around the bay at 8pm last night, I havn't stayed up that late in a year!

Thats it , JoeB was being a wet douche, just being a mercenary selling nitrous balloons & hyper inflated oz's back then on tour , making all the $$ he could .... part of his nature . Don't think Chemdog was all that rich it was just what the market could /would bare and it was some greasy weed out of cougar ridge . Told me he got it from two old cowboys up there , old now and up there still , prolly still growin....Chemdog was charged the same @ $500/zip when he asked Joe to get him some more .

The shows out west were different of course back then than the east coast , not uncommon to see some hippie grower down from Ore country or NorCal holding up a big fat 1/4 to 1/2zip single cola , humbly wanting to trade for a "miracle" as he made his way down shakedown street , which i sometimes called "Alice's Restaurant" ;)
(and that usually that got him in !)

There was always that same characteristic smell of heady ganja that always wafted throughout always , any show at the Kaiser , Oak Collesium or SF Civic ...that "old familiar" smell of skunk, one never forgets that perfumed the show as everyone in every section were having fun & lighting up. Joints were routinely passed down an entire row & passed back bringing everyone face to face , smile to smile . You just knew then , there was no other place happening on earth , at that passage of magical few hours, that was quite like this on the planet ! :blowbubbles:

Last edited:
G

guest121295

I wonder where he bought all the nitrous?? Not from us hillbillys at the race shops!!There was a ton of west coast action back then, I'm sure it's moved somewhere else now, I've never been to a Dead show but I can assure you I was there in spirit...My goodness, the trades that happened, hell my own wife used to sell PB&J sandwiches and Budwiesers, she was one of the broke ones...I moved to Co to beat it out of Ca for some peace and then I tried buying anything green and I was floored by the price, so up went the lamps, out went the curtains an in came the buds.Deadhead kids used to fight over oz' and control of the "kind bud" market, in New Mex we called them "heepees", there was another less pleasant monicker attached to them but these are civil forums....but the price, that's very true, kids in Taos up in Arroyo Seco used to buy 7grms for $125, no taste, no high, just green.We had nice mexi green too but fashionable folks wanted "kind bud" which covered a wide assortment of diff homegrown...I hate to admit it but that tour kept me and my family rolling for quite awhile.I was a teacher at the time and the caretaker of a gentlemens ranch but it wasn't long before I went green, always had a good job but a good job out west, esp in the mtns doesn't pay the bills...Sorry for the ramble, those were my golden years....:)Since no one wants to give us any credit for accomplishing anything, I'm here to give it to all the growers that kept the country at least a shade of green... those Co cops are mean.:tiphat:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Local tribe here we dub the 'Trustafarians'. :rasta:

Been slo-loading here for me last 24, got so frustrated I left this morning, now things are rolling.
Beaut of a day, I'm roaming around doing my usual 6 things @ once on the homefront, blazed on the Screme'n-Dawg. :smoke:

Took down this Farah Kush today @ 70 days. Pretty impressed with them, look forward to how they breed out. Obnoxious smell similar to the Uzbeki crosses I did, Diesel-soaked dirty dish rag. Seductively repugnant.
picture.php

picture.php

Also took down this Deep Chunk that was pollinated w/ a couple of Herijuana studs.

picture.php

Have a great holiday weekend, everyone! Firewerks in ya head!
:greenstars:

deep chunk is one of the prettiest plants there is for me.......I love the leaves and the resin output....I had to dig up a old pic of ecsd for this other thread so I figured I would bring it over

picture.php

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wait, what's Lucy Furr?
Wait, what's HL doing up @ Chaco time?
Why, he has poison ivy on his neck, woke up scratching it, got up cleaned it, was burning so smoked some HW oil. Can't feel it, going back to bed! :D

Happy 4th, everyone! :wave:

Last edited:
G

guest121295

Yeah, this is my hour...and I'm up late too!! gotta get to work cutting down that last SSSDH, thank goodness, the big top started to rot yesterday, I hope the rest is alright.Happy 4th of July, plant a seed for the founders of this fucked up mess of a country!!!

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Lucifer OG. ;)

I got an itch reading your post. I can break out head to toe just by looking at the damn stuff. Hope it clears up fast for ya.

CHACO said:
plant a seed for the founders of this fucked up mess of a country!!!
Hear, hear!

G

guest121295

I'm skipping the 4th of July to rip my gardens apart. I whacked off the top 2ft of the SSSDH and moved it to a dark cold place until I can trim it, the top end I'm trimming now....Loads of flowers , many more than I thought...Then I have this Coastal Collision, this was one of my soil to coco projects and this plant looked like shit for a long time, almost past repair, I threw her into 12/12 with some crazy lamps and here she is 2 weeks later, looking perfect.That's 2 CC females I have, both are booming....I put a big Sister in the place of the SSSDH...
picture.php

G

guest121295

Here's a closeup of the most "mosaic" leaf I could find on my flowering chem D's.The mom has none but the flowering plants have this trait, never seen this on the Sister so it sort of tells me that these are the D and not another mixup changeup situation.The flowering plants are gorgeous the three of them are customizing themselves to 2K vert and 1800W overhead...anyway I'm very convinced that the added cal-mag and silicone are keeping the "mosaic" from running wild.Zens plants had it more signifigantly and he was using Dutch coco nutes and couldn't bump the cal-mag without overloading the N and screwing everything up so he switched to GH and extra cal-mag.Who knows??
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts