What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
That's awesome, TB. What I'd do with a 40x30 space... wow. Let's see... First, three or four 15x6.5 bloom rooms. Gotta keep the jars filled. I'd line them up along a 40' side, bring them out 15' and hang 1K's vert every 3'. Prob. just do 3 so you have plenty of room on each side to work. 10x20 veg space w/vert 400's.

8x8 mom garden. 2x4 clone area. 3x6 male area. 10x12 breeding area. 12x12 Sativa garden. The rest would be work space, trimming/drying and somewhere for me to lay down. Good luck man, sounds like a great spot.

The starving turtle... sounds like one of these yuppy joints I've been to lately. A friend of mine moved to DC about a yr ago for work, he's a gourmet chef at the types of places that serve ya a spoons full of food for a weeks worth of money, and he's been bringing us to some funky places. I didn't know DC had so many expensive restaurants. It's fackin hot here too, close to 100 every day.

Anyone know of anything off the beaten path down here worth checking out? I've been to a couple museums and some local bars. I've got a couple days left to just wander around so if ya know of anything, please shout it out.

TB Gardens

Veteran
thanks for the input Rasputin! man oh man, got a lot of thinking and planning, hopefully not to much wishing, to do ;-)

in other news... CT PASSED SB1014: DECRIMINALIZATION today :) steps, baby steps.. now only if the medical bill could make it to the floor for a vote ;-\

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:)
WhiteOG chugging along at week 5.5
picture.php

Stay cool!

The Baphomet

Veteran
Picked up a few pairs of these hydrofarm scissors , These things are the best scissors I have ever used !

The curved tip is what makes these things so awesome

C

camoxnhx

hell yea smoked the Canucks big time. The B's are taking this cup! what a sweep out last night tho. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice stuff, TC, looks like a lost weekend! :biglaugh:

Chaco, you still w/ us? Thinking all that lightning Wed/Thur knocked out yer 'puter?
That, or your cutting yer way outta the jungle. :drum:

G

guest121295

Been too busy cutting to talk, trying to beat the rot as the plants slowly die off.I have picked off some great buds though, no complaints, I just need a few Oompa Loompas to do my work...

gmanwho

Veteran
oompa loompas would be awesome, i hate trimming. I stopped running perpetual, trimming being one of the few reasons, having to trim every 20 days sucks ass. So now i just gotta suck it up every 70 days or abouts.

looking good eveyone. be well an be safe...

G

guest121295

G-man that silicone supplement is working wonders with my bug population, you can see how much thicker the leaves are.

G

guest121295

Well it's finally almost over, one more day and I'll be about finished.The whole thing came out very well, I think I even broke some kind of personal record with these tops, hell I had a bunch of pain in the ass tops like this, luckily they stayed together and didn't rot away.This Nevs/chemdd in particular had extremely dense rock hard flower clusters.Hope ya'll had a great weekend, finally had some much needed rain....
picture.php

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Nice sized tops their chaco, tell me you're a yankees fan?

Got the tent so loaded up right now it just a complete jungle, I should pull out a couple plants to make a little more room but I'd hate to waste them at this point plus there is enough light getting thrown around in the little area. In a perfect world I would like my 2k vert room to be 10-10.5ft long and 6.5-7ft wide, the tent im using is 9x5 and it what I got to use so I got to make due. On the plus side temps haven't gotten over 85F been staying pretty smooth at 78-82F, thats with no AC, plenty of fresh air and 6''can fan combo exhaust with a dehumy have kept things in check. I got a stand up AC 12,000btu on stand by just incase things change. They are at day 40 ish and I am rather please with the size of the nugs already they will start to fatten up within the next couple weeks.

Had to use 2 rows on each side of those pull out garden twist ties to help keep the plant from wanting to lean into the lights, one of the plants was burned badly but all the others have thrived with the exception of a few yellowing leaves. I should give a little more TLC to the plants but with the negative pressure of the exhaust things get shift around daily.

Got a decent picture of that early pearl an absolute beautiful plant, my pictures don't do this plant any justice, it has a wonderful sweet skunky smell to her as well. I will attempt to take my time when I take another picture of her again...mucho :respect: gman!

Got the nevxecsd (left) and nev sis (right) about 40 days into flowering as well and these babies are all cola's I love it, the nev sis looks like she is gonna give me 4 or so z's and the nevxecsd will easily be 3. They seem like they'll want to go 80-90 days but you never know I'll make sure to check them with the microscope thing i got.

Last edited:

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
That's what I was thinking when I saw the lighter too, Otto!

Tent looks awesome man, packed in their like sardines. No AC? That's pretty sweet. The EP just pumps out the frost. I've got a nice fat mom of her going now, can't wait to take some cuts for a flowering run. Think I'll have some EP and Sour Larry lined up together to fill a new tent I'm building.

What's your thoughts behind the wider tent? You think the 6.5-7' width isn't too wide for the 1K bulb? I was thinking 6.5 at first but after seeing yours knew I could have it narrower without bothering the plants. The room I have going now is only using 600s but I've been able to squeeze the width down to almost 3' from front shelf to front shelf. I was thinking w/1K's 5' would be just right, basically I cut your tent in half when I planned to use 1K's.

G

guest121295

Actually my assistant is a New Yorker, I thought about the Yankees thing later, never thought about it! Ha!! I'm not a sports fan of anykind if it doesn't have a motor but I like running, I'm not much good at that either...I was a chubby kid who avoided sports at any cost....and I grew up into a skinny dude!!:)

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Rasp, thanks man yeah the tent is a little more packed than I would like but hell I can deal with the mess. You'll also enjoy that EP man really a resin monster in every way. Try to grow them a bit bigger with multiple tops to help with the yield, that's the only thing I wish i did different, maybe gman can chime in and give some advice on growing her as well. Otherwise she has been a easy maintenance plant to take care of. If you had a room of the Sour Larry and EP that would be a funky smellin tent with some killer looking buds don't think you could go wrong. I actually kept most of my sour Larry hooked up a couple friend because they loved the smell of it, but I got about 3.5 z's laying around to rip joints of all summer long.

My thought behind the width of the vert room is this, if at all possible you want to have your plants no closer than 8-9'' from the light, this way you don't have to worry about any plants getting burnt or light bleached. If you used cool tubes I am sure this would help almost eliminated the problem totally and you can keep the plants very close, don't get me wrong most plants love being 4-6in'' away and getting blasted I would just rather be a few more inches away from the light to avoid the 2-3 plants that get too much light. Sounds like you'll be fine with a 5x5, maybe just don't pack in as many plants as I did and give them a quarter turn every couple days. Let us know how things work out for ya man...

Chaco, sorry man but their is nothing worse than when my old man ask me to come over and hang out to watch the nascar race on a sunday afternoon, i look for every excuse not to watch it with him, as bad as that sounds. Usually if I do go I smoke joints with my mom and pay more attention to their dogs than the race, than I pretend to be interested in about the last 10 laps or so. Even when I was a kid he use to take me to the drag races, a little better but still put me to sleep boring, don't get me wrong all those dudes have serious balls but I can go out to I-95 and watch people drive if I wanted. I grew up playing baseball and football so running has lost all its fun after it was used as a tool for punishment growing up, hiking and light weight lifting is all I can accomplish now. In all fairness to you I know plenty of people especially my old man, who will never admit it, that can't stand to watch baseball because of how slow it moves along.

Latest posts

Latest posts