What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here! ...Part II

DZLHIT

These plants are in the soil mix, somewhere in their 4th week of flower.

A little more height than I really intended, but it's running perpetual right now and I was too lazy to prop them up like I should have.

picture.php

picture.php

Hopefully they finish strong

Applesauce

Awesome. I have more leaf litter and leaf mold than I know what to do with. Going to hit my no-tills with an ACT, give the mix a bit more time and get busy living.

DZLHIT, your plants look healthy. What are they?

Oh snap ..... the man .. the myth.. the legend... Rasputin dropping some knowledge ..... love the organic no-till style grow. I'm really getting into it lately .... gotta start a good ROLS soon w coco making up most of the mix..... now I just wanna get some blocking 14 comfrey cultivars to make some nice rich fermented tea

How's the girl doing? Another week or so before she gets the flip .... still gonna reverse her?

Was out at my spot yesterday ...... found a couple males ..... they get the axe next week..... found a few confirmed females ..... and a few not showing yet ..... getting interesting with finishing times ...... the nl5 haze is blowing up now ..... she's gonna be massive as she's grown a few inches this past week.... I bent over her 2 mains in opposite directions .

Loosely wrapped the stalks with 60 grit sand paper to keep the slugs at bay.... plus some certified organic slug bait spread around the outer perimeter of each cage.

Made a bug spray yesterday ..... chopped up 3 jalepanos, clove of garlic. Then boiled that for 15min w cinnamon sticks ...... let sit 12 hrs ..... mix with 1 cup veg oil..1 cup additional water...1tsp dawn soap..... strain out the material ........ then dilute 1:1 and spray

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
MERIT75 is the shit!! ...... Thanks Lloyd (u told me last winter and I just got it now).... Fucking salt build ups / mystery deficiencies were the goddamn root aphids again.... Spent several weeks with my head fuckin spinning cus I couldn't figure out what was up with my ladies... After testing run-off on everything (even 35gals... God that sucked) found out PH was I'm range. These damn bugs have been chilling since last fucking November, Battle of the Bugs Rnd 2 I guess.........

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
Shit Slip.... U may wanna douse everything with a preventative... That Num Nine SHOULDA been good cus it was fresh snips, but ya never know... I'm sucha dummy, sorry pal... How is she going by the way? How u like that gnarly mint and kush smell?

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
Damn Chem, that truly does suck as those aphids are a bug I wish upon no one. Keep at it with the merit and also go and order some met52 ASAP. Don't transplant anything unless you are using it. Hopefully you caught em early.

S

Slip Kid

I've had mites in hiding for yrs, there's no telling what lurks in the cracks back there!!.My shop is too roughshod for a real tight cleanup.All the plants I hit with Avid are as clean as a whistle, it's an isolated occurance and I'm not worried one bit.There are places I simply can't reach so I live with a few bugs.I'm incredibly gratefull to have a space to grow at all.I know wealthy people with giant, dry basements whose wife won't let them have one plant!! I'm richer than them.:)

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
Met52 ... Roger that.

I also go Avid & Gnatrol ... Gnatrol is in the res's and avid is chillin on the shelf, making me feel better atleast. Anyone use Forbid?

Hey slip .... I know what you mean about the areas you can't reach ..... you ever think about a light shut down to remove the lights and electrical connections and put a fogger in the shop to pump in vapor to kill the bugs ..... I know the company liquid ladybug offers a fogger machine that vapes their essential plant oil mix into the air......gets into the cracks you can't reach...... then get a big bucket of outdoor cement paint and do a could layers to quick seal and add a few pieces of ply to the floor to even it out

I'd let the fogger run for 24-48hrs to make sure their truly dead....then do it again 4 or 5 daze later to break the cycle ..... but if you can't truly seal the shop and you can deal w the few bugs ......then I guess its personal preference.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
How's the girl doing? Another week or so before she gets the flip .... still gonna reverse her?

She's doing really well, I quarantined her for a few days but the only thing she seemed to have was thrips. No mites so it was easy to take care of. I appreciate the heads up just the same.

Still planning on reversing her but it won't be for a while. The PK is first and I'm set up now to take care of that this fall. That's all I'm gonna focus on until it's done. Start talking about other plans and things can get away from you.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
CDM, sorry to hear about the aphids. I'd hate to say this but I would start over with new fresh rooted cuts and transplanted into whatever with the Met-52, just my 2 cents.

Rasp, sounds gnarly.

Tahoe og day 73
picture.php

picture.php

SFV
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

S

Slip Kid

Well Otto, I sure do have something to look forward to this x-mas.:) Looking at those I think I'll let mine do some veg time, enough to make a an exceptional looking bush like those.
When I started to actually consider remodeling my shop for growing, I started with the outside, ripped out the windows, re-sided and sealed everything new soffit venting on the roof and new air vents at the roof peaks.My upstairs is a series of scrubbers inline, one 150lb can and one 75 exhausting the whole building through a 12" greenhouse style fan at the vent.It cost me around 12k to re do the exterior so I could have the neg pressure I want throughout the building.Sour Diesel still escapes as day 65 approaches...:)
The carpenters I know are what we canna people would call "real assholes" so I'm going to have to train my self in chopping and cutting.I have a mysterious fear of circular saws, chop saws, tile saws etc.Someplace deep inside me says I will lose a finger.I'm great with a chainsaw though!:)

Last edited:

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
That's funny cus I'm just the opposite.. I got no problem handling my power tools, table saws and plainers can be a little sketchy, but ya just gotta know how to handle them. Now chainsaws.... Shit, I been using them since I was young and I still cringe every time I crank one up.

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
And where did y'all get the met52 ? ...that rogue farmer website w/ the order form? This is quite the pricey product but I'm very excited about it, it sounds very interesting.

Nice Ras... sounds good .... are you gonna keep vegging her or take snips and flip her this next run?

Either way there will be beans of her crosses by summer time I bet....the girl really likes how she smokes and I just can't wait to drop 5 bushes if her out in the swamp and see what she pulls full season

Otto .... those your wicked dude!! Awesome!! Chunky OG buds .... lemon diesel twang ..... yum!

Slips .... if your sketchy around power saws then use a 1x2(10" long) as a pusher handle....and measure twice cut once buddy

K

K.O.Genetics

I had a wrinkly, crinkly plant like that too and I set it in a corner because I wanted to give the 10 seeds all a good chance.The bloodline had DJ Short in there but I didn't know it.Then one day a normal leaf shot out and the whole thing started growing, so I transplanted it and just harvested her about 5 days ago. Sometimes you find what appears to be a runt or a mutant but if you continue on they turn out right, not always, but sometimes.:)I think if you have only x amount of seeds from something you want to try, it's worth giving a shot.I imagine there are factors I'm unaware of at work.Lots of runts or mutants will do wonders if you flip the lamps...Oh the black residue looks like thrip shit, those damn things, not the worst bug by far but hard to eliminate totally.I swear I've done everything and they still show up!

have had a few seeds that were the mutant or runts.. end up being the keeper after cloning her and getting the clone rooted it took off like a hole new plant. ended up with some great phenos from runts I thought I would put in the garbage.

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
Man I wish I was good with my hands. As time goes on I learn more and more but it's still not my bag. Lucky to have quite a few friends who are good at the building thing.
Otto I can smell that sfv from over here! That's definitely my favorite smelling og so far, classic lemon pinesol kushyness is so nice.

Got a big ol cookies here at day 35 taking up a whole light. Seems to be a pretty light feeder, only my second time flowering her. Gets frosty early though! Some tahoe in the front left too.

picture.php

picture.php

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
Chem, back when I ordered it there was only one distributor in the US, some place out in colorado. I'd say where ever you can get it go for it, be aware though it does have a shelf life.

Here are a couple errls that have been made lately. First is chemD and second is trainwreck x romulan. Was quite happy with the yield on the trainwreck, blasted half a pack and ended up with almost 52 grams.

chem
picture.php

trainwreck x romulan
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts