What's new

Mars Hydro LED

Mike greens

Where did u purchase ur light from?

Purchased from grow lights canada and am contacting mars hydro by email. They responded that they do not warranty after 30 days I thought the warranty was longer? The lights not working and they won't fix the issue. No complaints If they fix my light. I never asked for a return just want them to fix the light. I have 54 people on mars official and 145 people chiming in on my other feed all with warranty issues. The lights work well as far as I can see but when it comes to warranty it doesn't seem as it exists. Again not here for spam would like a warranty. Anyone have any suggestions??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422-234516_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-234516_Outlook.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20210424-102911_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210424-102911_Facebook.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20210424-102814_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210424-102814_Facebook.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20210423-175447_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210423-175447_Facebook.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 17

Mike greens

Maybe contact seller first? Find out who should deliver on the warranty.

I went back and forth with mars hydro since last Friday. They asked me questions. Asked for the receipt which I provided. I was told that they would ask the engineers what the issue might be, gave me the run around and then said after 30 days we will not look at the light? I thought the warranty was longer the diodes aren't working properly. I haven't even been able to do one flower cycle. I'm absolutely crushed! I hope that they will fix if not I'm out $400.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have a dozen mars light and have had zero problems with them...that said i purchased a light from horticulture lighting group,had a problem with it,and they sent me a new light no questions asked within 24 hours of reporting the problem...along with a return ticket for the old light...simple and easy for me...i understand it's different for a company located in china,but it still seems like mars could do better on warranty issues...

Mike greens

i have a dozen mars light and have had zero problems with them...that said i purchased a light from horticulture lighting group,had a problem with it,and they sent me a new light no questions asked within 24 hours of reporting the problem...along with a return ticket for the old light...simple and easy for me...i understand it's different for a company located in china,but it still seems like mars could do better on warranty issues...

Thank you. All I would appreciate is a warranty no need for Bad press. I feel with there new Samsung diodes they have stepped up there game., but haven't improved there customer service. Constructive criticism in that area and begging for them to stand by there product and just warranty my light.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Hey everyone after trying to get my Mars hydro light fixed its been brought to my attention that they won't warranty my light after 30 days.
check our emails and screens shots. I just want my light fixed if anyone can chime in

Hello Friend. welcome and thanks for your support for our products.

I have checked with our service team. They told me that your light was used for 1 year. As you know, the free return date we offer is 30 days. But we offer 3 years warranty. If the light is defective, we will honor our warranty service. We could send free spare parts, or you could send the light back to the local service center.

About the grow issue that you mentioned: "When you use hps, plants are no issue, but when you use our light, plants meet deficiency issue". We have offered the right solution: to provide more cal and mag for plants. It is not reasonable to say that the light is defective when the real issue is about grow method.

Any suggestions about this kind of grow issue will be warmly welcomed.

DiverDave

Purchased from grow lights canada and am contacting mars hydro by email. They responded that they do not warranty after 30 days I thought the warranty was longer? The lights not working and they won't fix the issue. No complaints If they fix my light. I never asked for a return just want them to fix the light. I have 54 people on mars official and 145 people chiming in on my other feed all with warranty issues. The lights work well as far as I can see but when it comes to warranty it doesn't seem as it exists. Again not here for spam would like a warranty. Anyone have any suggestions??

I went to see your pictures, I have been experienced issues with Mars warranty,
I sent emails & talked to a rep who sold it to me & got me the 120v cord for free as well.
So far they keep saying send photos, it's not clear (close-up) to show separation.
Explanation & questions on if I can replace before this run.
Lucky for me I was able to check and see it was not intended to be user-replaceable.
Therefore I have to send it back (if there was a true 3yrs. warranty as claimed).
Or do as one does with Chinese stuff, fix it or replace it.

The third picture is what I found, a screw that inadvertently got miss threaded
(cross thread with little pressure),
lucky it did not get damaged, I backed it out and re-threaded it.
After reassembling it, it is nice and tight, the insulation is a gauge if the assembly is
done right, you will not find a gap.

I am happy with the light, the warranty .. if I have one, well I fixed it, sent a bill .. hope they get a laugh from that.
I did .. their name is not getting better, their products are smoking the competition. I wish they would see
what quick helpful tech/warranty department can do for a rep.

Happy Growing

DD

:plant grow:

Attachments

• photo2040140.jpg
    photo2040140.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 18
  • photo2040141.jpg
    photo2040141.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 14
  • photo2040144.jpg
    photo2040144.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 18

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
It's great you managed to fix it yourself. I have been lucky and all the lights I received were in good condition and all still work without problems. Hope they will work for years and I won't need any warranty on them..

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Lol Mars, do I have this right? You've got people buying your lights, not knowing how to use them, giving up after a year of trying, then crying for a new one because they think its your lights fault. If so, I'm so glad I've never worked in customer service. I couldn't smile and be patient with that.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well I got deficiencies as well, but I also got AT LEAST 1.7 gpw first try. (calculated to full wattage of the led, but i kept it dimmed most of the time)
So for sure I got things to learn, and only thing I could blame on the light so far is that is very powerful and efficient. I suspect plants would be happier even with lower light intensity. But my goal is to be able to sustain plants under it at 100%. Still learning..

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey, I'm no pro grower, but I blame me, not the lights. I just can't be arsed with all that measuring this and that to the nearest 0.1 ml etc. I get what I get, and I'm happy I'm not crawling around dodgey areas, hoping not to get robbed or busted. My wardrobe may be dodgey, but its never robbed me lol. No more HPS heat to deal with plus lower electricity usage, for the same crop, does me fine.

DiverDave

Hey, I'm no pro grower, but I blame me, not the lights. I just can't be arsed with all that measuring this and that to the nearest 0.1 ml etc. I get what I get, and I'm happy I'm not crawling around dodgey areas, hoping not to get robbed or busted. My wardrobe may be dodgey, but its never robbed me lol. No more HPS heat to deal with plus lower electricity usage, for the same crop, does me fine.

I had problems when I first changed over, I used an older timer and did not cycle it to set it's auto function.
My fault, I had light set @ 75% but it never turned off for 4 days before I caught that.

Sure I burned it a bit, while other things like power outage kills all air & water pumps at that time.
That light fit right to the celling like it needed to be and virtually no heat (controller outside by long cords).

Was everything perfect ? No, but I won't blame the light, I was ready nute wise and the feed.
I love what they replaced and best buy for the $$.
Just as mentioned, they fix their weak link.

They have a good product worth investing in like I did. Nothing free here.
So to test I buy. This one time buy will get me more flower then the last $3k I spent on 4 lights
when I started 6 or 7 yrs ago indoors.

Learning costs $$, don't blame the equipment. I takes skill to dial it in.
When it does be happy :yay:

Enough said.

DD

Mike greens

Hello Friend. welcome and thanks for your support for our products.

I have checked with our service team. They told me that your light was used for 1 year. As you know, the free return date we offer is 30 days. But we offer 3 years warranty. If the light is defective, we will honor our warranty service. We could send free spare parts, or you could send the light back to the local service center.

About the grow issue that you mentioned: "When you use hps, plants are no issue, but when you use our light, plants meet deficiency issue". We have offered the right solution: to provide more cal and mag for plants. It is not reasonable to say that the light is defective when the real issue is about grow method.

Any suggestions about this kind of grow issue will be warmly welcomed.

Mars Hydro response was to please the crowd.
I ask for a warranty for one of the 4 lights in my tent. One of the 4 lights isn't working and have been advised its my growing however all the other plants are healthy and ive just simply asked for a warranty. This is why I'm on this forum to put attention on their warranty issues. I've asked several times for a warranty anrls they will not service my light. Photo below are my plants that are with out issue. Side by side the defective light. The one Mars hydro light has been broken for the past 9 months from the purchasing date.
veteran grower
signing off
applaud your new technology not your customer service.

Attachments

• 20210425_122531.jpg
    20210425_122531.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 12

Mike greens

9 days of asking for a warranty.
Plants never had a defiency they are aware I post there emails . Was told to add calmag and Silicate which has nothing to do with a defective light

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-212938_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-212938_Outlook.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20210425-212854_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-212854_Outlook.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20210425-212740_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-212740_Outlook.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 25

Mike greens

Asking for a warranty from mars hydro
9 days of being told they don't take returns after 30 days. I keep telling them it's not a return the light needs a warranty. Meaning fix it! Bring it back! I'll even pay. Holy shit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-212938_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-212938_Outlook.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20210425-212854_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-212854_Outlook.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20210425-212740_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-212740_Outlook.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 14

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Asking for a warranty from mars hydro
9 days of being told they don't take returns after 30 days. I keep telling them it's not a return the light needs a warranty. Meaning fix it! Bring it back! I'll even pay. Holy shit

Hi Mike, if the light is defected, pls take a clear picture that can show the issue and send it to solutions@mars-hydro.com. We will show the picture to warranty department and they will offer correct solution.
But according to what you had said before, your meaning is that the plants meet deficiency when you swap the HPS to LED. So the solution team offered you growing tips.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I went to see your pictures, I have been experienced issues with Mars warranty,
I sent emails & talked to a rep who sold it to me & got me the 120v cord for free as well.
So far they keep saying send photos, it's not clear (close-up) to show separation.
Explanation & questions on if I can replace before this run.
Lucky for me I was able to check and see it was not intended to be user-replaceable.
Therefore I have to send it back (if there was a true 3yrs. warranty as claimed).
Or do as one does with Chinese stuff, fix it or replace it.

The third picture is what I found, a screw that inadvertently got miss threaded
(cross thread with little pressure),
lucky it did not get damaged, I backed it out and re-threaded it.
After reassembling it, it is nice and tight, the insulation is a gauge if the assembly is
done right, you will not find a gap.

I am happy with the light, the warranty .. if I have one, well I fixed it, sent a bill .. hope they get a laugh from that.
I did .. their name is not getting better, their products are smoking the competition. I wish they would see
what quick helpful tech/warranty department can do for a rep.

Happy Growing

DD

Glad to hear that you figured it out. Sometimes, there are tons of emails for the warranty department in one day. There might be delay on response and mislead. But they would try their best to service each customer well. So understanding would be very kind to them.

Latest posts

Latest posts