What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars Hydro LED

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Understood..when I first got the light I tested it with that meter to see where things would fall wattage wise using the dimmer control. It ran at 288 watts at max.. perfectly acceptable... Now it has been a year and a half later it will only run at 139 watts with the dimmer control at max...the only way to get it to run at full 288 watts now is to turn the dimmer control switch completely off on the back of the dimmer to bypass it.. not looking to have the light warrantied or anything like that.. I don't know if there has been other problems with the dimmer switch or not but I would like to let the community here know there could be a potential problem there for other growers.. would hate to see someone else's flower room running at less than half the wattage it should be.. just something to be looking out for friends keep a eye on it...✌️
hey bud, i have confirmed this with our engineer, the dimmer box is defected. You can reach out to solutions@mars-hydro.com. they will need the order receipt and a short video that can show the dimmer issue.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
All it does is change the DC voltage to the dimming circuit in the driver. Just drill a hole to connect new wires. Theres a lot of different types to pick from. About 10$ for these

DC 0/1-10V Knob LED Dimmer​

View attachment 18815708 View attachment 18815709
thanks for the suggestion, bro. however, we literally don't recommend to use other dimmer with our light. it is a breach of the warranty. Generally, our warranty team can send a new dimmer to fix the issue.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the suggestion, bro. however, we literally don't recommend to use other dimmer with our light. it is a breach of the warranty. Generally, our warranty team can send a new dimmer to fix the issue.
Understood..when I first got the light I tested it with that meter to see where things would fall wattage wise using the dimmer control. It ran at 288 watts at max.. perfectly acceptable... Now it has been a year and a half later it will only run at 139 watts with the dimmer control at max...the only way to get it to run at full 288 watts now is to turn the dimmer control switch completely off on the back of the dimmer to bypass it.. not looking to have the light warrantied or anything like that.. I don't know if there has been other problems with the dimmer switch or not but I would like to let the community here know there could be a potential problem there for other growers.. would hate to see someone else's flower room running at less than half the wattage it should be.. just something to be looking out for friends keep a eye on it...✌️

I just checked if it's a 5-year warranty in effect on the whole light then yes, most manufacturers say the same that's normal practice. I thought the control box was not still under warranty. If he can get a new control box through warrantee that works. I think you know any 0-10vdc dimmer will work fine lol.

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
2023 Marshydro New Arrival:pH & TDS Meter Combo

The portable 4in1 TDS meter is a professional instrument with multi-functionality and can be used to test TDS (the weight of total dissolved solids in water, units measured in mg/AL or ppm) the conductivity of the water(expressed in us/cm)and the temperature.
lt is a high-performance, pen-type design that reads quickly and accurately.

Click links as below to get more info:
USA:
Australia:

Pen.png

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Well they got back to me pretty quick. Looks like I'll just have to pay 13 bucks shipping seeing I have had the light longer than 1 year and they will send me a new dimmer box...
Good to hear that you have got a solution from the warranty team. For more than 1 year light, it is true that the shipping fee of the spare part will be charged.

more details about the warranty: https://www.mars-hydro.com/warranty-policy

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Women who work every day in science and agriculture around the world to make this world a better. They’re recognized for their countless efforts and contribution for the development of the whole world economy and the society. All women growers here pls accept the respect from all of us !

Let's celebrate the day of 8th March, it's the International Women’s Day.

#marshydro #womensday #marshydrohealth #indoorplants #ledgrowlight #growyourown #womengrowers

women's day.png

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
With careful planning and necessary grow equipment, sow your first seed in spring, and you will receive bountiful harvests in summer. Enter Mars Hydro Blog to share your Growing Experience or Wishes in the blog comment section and win the TS1000 led grow light!

Giveaway1000x1000(1).jpg

CreeperStipule

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Sorry I remember there was one guy that ordered some and said they don't fit his space well (4x4 ft). I guess he meant overkill in light.
I would only buy that if plan is to use it dimmed. I have one in 5 x 5 and is more than enaugh!

Latest posts

Latest posts