What's new

Mars Hydro fan-avoid

BurntBacon

Heads up. Against better judgement and in a pinch, I was running brand new, direct from Mars, 4” fan with controller for 3 weeks no problem. Went for a bike ride today, returned to a fan on the verge of meltdown/fire. Blades pulsing on every 10 seconds, burnt shielding on wires. Sketchy. I know this shit can happen anytime, but I’ll stick with Hurricanes that go decades, if not forever.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Heads up. Against better judgement and in a pinch, I was running brand new, direct from Mars, 4” fan with controller for 3 weeks no problem. Went for a bike ride today, returned to a fan on the verge of meltdown/fire. Blades pulsing on every 10 seconds, burnt shielding on wires. Sketchy. I know this shit can happen anytime, but I’ll stick with Hurricanes that go decades, if not forever.
Thanks for the heads up friend. Maybe you can post a photo so we can see what's up.

LostTribe

Premium user
these oscilating monkey fans always seem very untrustworthy. hell thats why i got stationary ones for my small tents and tower fans hang sideways in my big tent and i still dont trust those bastards either.
The AC infitinty mini oscilatting fans are DANK and have 10 speed settings. I love them and they seem to be much higher quality than any other clip fan I have tested.

I have 2 vivosun inlines a 4 and an 8 in. The 8 in seems to be fading but its been running a large room filter 247 for 3 years. Not bad for a hunno.

crimsonecho

The AC infitinty mini oscilatting fans are DANK and have 10 speed settings. I love them and they seem to be much higher quality than any other clip fan I have tested.

I have 2 vivosun inlines a 4 and an 8 in. The 8 in seems to be fading but its been running a large room filter 247 for 3 years. Not bad for a hunno.

i just dont trust a lot of moving parts in an unattended grow tent so i am trying to minimize it as much as i can and tbh i cant complain about my stationary fans they get the job done though they only have two settings on and off haha

for inline i’m using an s&p silent series for the last 6 years without any problems. eventhough i bought a back up its just been sitting in the box for 6 years haha. cant complain its a well built inline fan and very silent too.

Greenvein

@Greenvein loves his Mars fan. Heads up bro!

Won a Mars fan last month but the rep told me they are Out of Stock until mid/late January.

Hurricanes are great fans.
Yeah I think you have to be careful with any fans as I've had a few go on me but the white mars hydro one lasted a grow or two then it started to get stuck oscillating.. I still use it as a stationary. The newer grey fan seems to run alot smoother and is silent in operation so I think it's a nice fan 👌

LostTribe

Premium user
Yeah I think you have to be careful with any fans as I've had a few go on me but the white mars hydro one lasted a grow or two then it started to get stuck oscillating.. I still use it as a stationary. The newer grey fan seems to run alot smoother and is silent in operation so I think it's a nice fan 👌
Thats the problem with crap. It should last more than "1 or 2 grows". Utilitech makes decent non moving ones that should last 2 years. The ac infinity has good reviews and is amazing for the size and price. I will be getting another when I do another tent but I am in a room.