What's new

Mars Hydro August Giveaway -- Mars Pro II Epistar 160

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have literally just built 2 brand new rooms for hgl xb,, i was just about to do a side by side,, I'm actually out of pocket on this shit,,,, I'd put loads of effort into a side by side if you can beat a 600w hps or a cmh

YukonKronic

If I win mars Hydro pro epistar 2 I’ll put it next to my ts2000 and grow and breed great medicine.
Organic soil local inputs
Zamaldelica x The Purps
picture.php

ZamxGuatemala F3
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Bubba Kush x Pakistan Chitral Kush
picture.php

YukonKronic

I’ll also run same setup against XB400 tester coming from HGL. They say they can get waaaayy better GPW than white LEDs so 400 watts to 600 should be about even right? I have two identical 150 gallon soil beds so we could find out....
Golden Tiger
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Crumbled Lime
picture.php

Malawi x Panama
picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chem 3 - is a clone only - it's only recently that a couple of seed lines have been publicly released. She's been grown privately since 2006 by less than 10 people.

Chem Sis x NL - was made by Zoolander in 2007. It was a one off seed find. The male he used, is impossible to replicate - the line cannot be remade. Best cannabis I've ever smoked came from those seeds. I passed the cut out to around 30 people - and she vanished. I know she is still be grown, but those holding her - aren't telling anyone.

BKGK Bx1 - any remaining seeds of that cross, which I made, intentionally in limited volume - are likely not going to germinate unless they were stored very well. The Bubba Kush x Grape Krush pheno (dubbed BKGK) that created a wave and made the line famous was found in freebie seeds. The rest of the phenos were subpar and not keepers by any standard. Finding EXCELLENT plants in older DJ infused stock was...difficult to say the least. Original Grape Krush genetics can not be remade because DJ lost parent lines. The line - with that quality of purple kush - which had amazing blueberry infusions in flavor and a perfect medical effect - doesn't exist in any other strain. I know this for a fact, because I infused Digital Berry into the BKGK line - and nothing else imparts the same amazing high that Digi does.

So yeah, fair to say all the genetics I just posted are rare - impossible to get by anyone else - except those in very tight circles. None of those genes can be recreated in any fashion.

Take it one step further - who else is going to run Karma Genetics Mochiesel and London Loud next - only me. Those are the next things to get flowered out.

Let's not forget the upcoming Top Dawg gear I'll be running...

Point being, great genetics get people to view your thread. I'll likely see an uptick in thread traffic, with the upcoming gene pools I am sorting. Which, I'm sure, would increase even more, if I were testing a new LED light and giving reviews and pointers on how best to maximize it's potential. ;)

This doesn't count as my #3...LOL.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ll also run same setup against XB400 tester coming from HGL

I'm not so sure any of us are going to be receiving anything from HGL. Why would they send the testers the prototype if they were banned from the forums?

That's why I've moved on to Mars. I want to try LED - they just hadn't offered a lamp that fit my space...until now.

dank.Frank

YukonKronic

I'm not so sure any of us are going to be receiving anything from HGL. Why would they send the testers the prototype if they were banned from the forums?

That's why I've moved on to Mars. I want to try LED - they just hadn't offered a lamp that fit my space...until now.

dank.Frank

Email them... I was wondering the same thing. I guess time will tell..

I am however interested in an LED light though so I hope the testers get sent and people can still post up grow logs in the journal section if needed to satisfy terms of testing arrangement. Sucks the GPW competition is over..
Sorry for thread hijack... I’m actually curious to see Mars Hydro and HGL side by side. As I said HGL was stating some pretty huge yield potential and I already see improvement in growth and health of my plants under the Mars Hydro ts 2000.... lol at least the ones it covers anyway. I need a little extra to fill up the box:biggrin:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

dank.Frank

I'm Same position bro,,,i built a room and now I'm not holding my breath,, totally gutted , never seen a vendor get banned like that,, i would also have done a test grow on here an ig anyway,, i honestly feel bad even trying to message him after this

bibi40

Hi Mars Hydro ,

thanks for the contest but i advice you i give it up ,
please don't take in consideration my pics for the vote ,
in any case , i don't have the level ,

get a smell proof bag and thank you so much ,

but this thread was a cool contest and change to a blend of two thing , two company , don't like this ,

i come to this contest with happyness and i don' t meet that !!!

Good luck everybody , thanks Mars Hydro !!!

:tiphat:

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@bibi - what we are saying, is we wanted to test the other companies lights against Mars Hydro lights, is all. Several of us are new to LED and just learning about the different technologies can be daunting. These giveaways are an excellent opportunity to try the different techs and compare them side by side.

No harm intended. :tiphat:

dank.Frank

Email them... I was wondering the same thing. I guess time will tell..

I am however interested in an LED light though so I hope the testers get sent and people can still post up grow logs in the journal section if needed to satisfy terms of testing arrangement. Sucks the GPW competition is over..
Sorry for thread hijack... I’m actually curious to see Mars Hydro and HGL side by side. As I said HGL was stating some pretty huge yield potential and I already see improvement in growth and health of my plants under the Mars Hydro ts 2000.... lol at least the ones it covers anyway. I need a little extra to fill up the box:biggrin:[/QUOTE
]
Man what did i miss? Why hgl end gpw contest? Why they banned on other forums and icmag?
I emailed them last week Thursday and they got right back to me saying my xb400 wood b shipping to me the next day on friday? Havnt got it yet but just figured it was shipped from overseas n wood take a week to get to me..
I will email them and let u all no what is up with new prototype for us testers. Sorry i no its wrong place for this but only way to get info.

Chem 3 - is a clone only - it's only recently that a couple of seed lines have been publicly released. She's been grown privately since 2006 by less than 10 people.

Chem Sis x NL - was made by Zoolander in 2007. It was a one off seed find. The male he used, is impossible to replicate - the line cannot be remade. Best cannabis I've ever smoked came from those seeds. I passed the cut out to around 30 people - and she vanished. I know she is still be grown, but those holding her - aren't telling anyone.

BKGK Bx1 - any remaining seeds of that cross, which I made, intentionally in limited volume - are likely not going to germinate unless they were stored very well. The Bubba Kush x Grape Krush pheno (dubbed BKGK) that created a wave and made the line famous was found in freebie seeds. The rest of the phenos were subpar and not keepers by any standard. Finding EXCELLENT plants in older DJ infused stock was...difficult to say the least. Original Grape Krush genetics can not be remade because DJ lost parent lines. The line - with that quality of purple kush - which had amazing blueberry infusions in flavor and a perfect medical effect - doesn't exist in any other strain. I know this for a fact, because I infused Digital Berry into the BKGK line - and nothing else imparts the same amazing high that Digi does.

So yeah, fair to say all the genetics I just posted are rare - impossible to get by anyone else - except those in very tight circles. None of those genes can be recreated in any fashion.

Take it one step further - who else is going to run Karma Genetics Mochiesel and London Loud next - only me. Those are the next things to get flowered out.

Let's not forget the upcoming Top Dawg gear I'll be running...

Point being, great genetics get people to view your thread. I'll likely see an uptick in thread traffic, with the upcoming gene pools I am sorting. Which, I'm sure, would increase even more, if I were testing a new LED light and giving reviews and pointers on how best to maximize it's potential. ;)

This doesn't count as my #3...LOL.

dank.Frank

Thank u mr dank frank! Thats exactly what i love bout this great plant. So many good varieties. And thx for explanation on why those strains are rare.. I wasnt saying u didnt no what ur talkn bout cause i no ur very good at what u do. I was just wanting the reasons they was rare like u answerd.
So thx for the info.

bibi40

@bibi - what we are saying, is we wanted to test the other companies lights against Mars Hydro lights, is all. Several of us are new to LED and just learning about the different technologies can be daunting. These giveaways are an excellent opportunity to try the different techs and compare them side by side.

dank.Frank

No problem Dank.Franck ,

I know you dont want to harm anybody ,
and understand you want to compare different tech ...

Good luck :tiphat: don't worry about me , just say and do what i want to do ...

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
If I win the Mars Pro II Epistar 160, I will grow more meds for people who really need them.

Gorilla Bubble BX4
picture.php

Alien OG
picture.php

Ninja Fruit.
picture.php

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My objective is to outperform a 600w with less heat and less electricity,,, if it beats it I want 3 of them after my first grow

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Thank you for your participation. The activity will end on August 25th. Growers who have not participated please hurry up

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor

dank.Frank
I would like to see some growers compare our lights with others

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great to know! I'd love to compare the results from a couple of Mars Hydro LEDs to a couple of other lighting techs. I just started growing again recently - and there is so much new tech that has matured and become valid over the last few years.

Thanks for the giveaways!

dank.Frank