What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maroccan Landrace

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're right,most of the time they just buy either adultered or old hash, as is it cheaper than the genuine product. Some fucker do even buy better stuff for themselves while selling the badshit...which can be really bad as sometimes it's just mashed up leaves mixed with candle wax, henna and/or motor oil...

But i know for a fact that in Spain you can definitly have the stuff adultered just for you if you ask for it. Resin is easy to work when you know how to, and traffickers are very imaginative people...

I'm quite sure some farmers are not as scrupulous as the ones you know Snuicide, so they don't give a shit about our health and mixes nasty shit in their "hash" and try to sell it as genuine. Desperation for money might accompt for it, up to some point.

Plastic in hash means the stuff is of really bad quality as they had to press it very hard and when the "mélange" is wrapped before pressing some plastic remains amalgated in.

Adulterants and contaminants are too different things. I don't mind a lil bit of sand or green matter (aka contaminants, all classic morrocco hash have some in it) where as i would surely not want to indulge anything with wax, henna, motor oil ,food dyes or god only knows what ( aka adulterants).

P.s: growing better strain means more of more potent resin, which open the door for more adulteration...so nowadays hash might be more potent yet it's no evidence of a cleaner product.

Last edited:
C

Columbo1

Greetings friends!

Greetings friends!

Hi snuicide,

I'm currently growing Early Maroc from Philosopher seed. It's an early flowering Moroccon landrace apparently.

I hope you don't mind me posting a few pics here and there so we can see how they compare and contrast?

I'm quite lucky in that my climate is not too dissimilar to some regions of Morocco.

How's your grow going btw?

Col.

snuicide

from 5 days ago

they are now on the wilma. 18 plants. some of them a younger so i placed them in middle and i m waiting to get cut nice vigour clones of each plant. They do very good and enjoy canna aqua. on 0.4 ec I add 1.2 aqua vega.

switched from 250w mh to 600w ndl

~7-10 days more before I will cut and send them into flower

snuicide

the two plants on the right and the cutted off third plant you can see are grapefruit x pruple haze thais and no chefchaouens ;):tiphat:

snuicide

Hi snuicide,

I'm currently growing Early Maroc from Philosopher seed. It's an early flowering Moroccon landrace apparently.

I hope you don't mind me posting a few pics here and there so we can see how they compare and contrast?

I'm quite lucky in that my climate is not too dissimilar to some regions of Morocco.

How's your grow going btw?

Col.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75134&pictureid=1802190&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

looks nice, I guess mine will show a familar leave structure soon at the moment they have 5 fingers and some show 7 fingers in the higher internodes. But also the shape looks familar. Will show more pictures when I can get a better cam

There is actually 75 l nutrient solution in the reservoir at 1,64 ec. pH 5.6.

C

Columbo1

Nice looking grow there Snuicide! You're sure to have a bountiful harvest with that many plants :) I'm just growing one at the moment :(

It's a bit hard to judge from the picture but mine is a little over 30cm in height. She has a nice upright structure, with good side-branching, stout stems and generous internodal spacings. She already has a nice aroma which I can only describe as old school dank. She also appears to be flowering so it looks like I will have an early harvest this season :)

So what are your plans for the Moroccan Libres? Are you just looking for a nice female keeper or do you plan on inbreeding too?

Peace

Col.

picture.php

picture.php

snuicide

it really depend on whats coming out of this offspring
will make some seeds of course
btw. Nr. 8 already put out a first female premordium properbly stressed by switching the pot.

They remind me a little bit on ACE sativas because they kind of develop the same roots. A bit wooden and roots grow out everywehere of the bottom part of the plant if there is something wet. They also stretch like a sativa hybride does.

On the other hand the leaves are clearly indica and of the small weed peaces I found between the seeds I already know there will be a nice slight sweet hash smell and flavour.

Would make sense if there is some sativa inside because its africa imho.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Worst quality Maroccan hash always is shipped to Spain. Common tokers seem to love it.

G `day A

Spain has very high unemployment .
Less disposable income . Portugal not much better .

Quality goes where the money is ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

snuicide

nr 3 properbly male and nr 5 female for sure ... hmm... or is the spectrum around 600-650 nm the reason of induction?

3 x 16 looks like a nice couple

Last edited:
C

Columbo1

it really depend on whats coming out of this offspring
will make some seeds of course
btw. Nr. 8 already put out a first female premordium properbly stressed by switching the pot.

They remind me a little bit on ACE sativas because they kind of develop the same roots. A bit wooden and roots grow out everywehere of the bottom part of the plant if there is something wet. They also stretch like a sativa hybride does.

On the other hand the leaves are clearly indica and of the small weed peaces I found between the seeds I already know there will be a nice slight sweet hash smell and flavour.

Would make sense if there is some sativa inside because its africa imho.

What do you think?

Nice to hear you're doing some presevation with these and looking nice in the new room.

For sure there is some Sativa in there IMO. In fact Philosopher seed advertise their Early Maroc as 100% Sativa!

I'm not too familiar with African genetics but the Sativa side may come from the South or even the East maybe?

I'm liking the looks of your number 3 too.

snuicide

Nice to hear you're doing some presevation with these and looking nice in the new room.

For sure there is some Sativa in there IMO. In fact Philosopher seed advertise their Early Maroc as 100% Sativa!

I'm not too familiar with African genetics but the Sativa side may come from the South or even the East maybe?

I'm liking the looks of your number 3 too.

Maroc as an country of africa has an heavy arabic influence and with the egypts using hemp 5000+ years ago as a nighbour I guess hemp made its way over northcoast / landway. The indica genetics come of course from india over far east like afgahnistan, pakistan etc.. For the sativa influence Gambia, Senegal or maybe Ethopia if it came from the east as well.

They get pretty uniform leafs in the upper regions but all are a little different in growing structure and height it is hard to say.

100% sativa for an Maroccan Hashplant is truely misslabled. It seems to be they have some sativa attributes but I know all kind of maroc hash since 15 years and even the uplifting blond hash makes you tired. I run mostly purple haze thai hybrids I made myself at the moment thats why I'm pretty sure :tiphat:.

If you look at the leaves its clearly a mostly indica and also the leavecolor is way to dark. They take also 1.6 ec without problems in theire early days, most pure sativas I had to run below 1.5 all the time! Only when the buds gain in width you can go up a little bit and add extra phosphor. I m 100% sure this offspring can go up to 2.x.

Nr. 16 has the same leavestructure like your early maroc. I think early maroc is a confusing name, because most strains which are called early are crosses with early skunk which in fact needs a longer flowering time than a maroc should without breeding.
But this leavestructure reminds me more on pakistani hashplants?

The time will reveal whats goin on here

Last edited:

ahortator

Veteran
G `day A

Spain has very high unemployment .
Less disposable income . Portugal not much better .

Quality goes where the money is ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Narcotraffickers sometimes smuggle "supossed" high quality blond hash called polen (double zero, first, second or third) directly from the farmers that grow the plants and make the hash about 50km from here. So most people claim they get good polen.

The fact it is only soap bar and you get much higher from good homegrown bud than from that stuff. It is insane because it is like if you get more drunk drinking a glass of beer than drinking a glass of whiskey.

I don't know if it is due to the strain, adulteration, the process of drying the buds under the scorching the sun on a roof before making the hash...

Most times you get a "buzz", more exactly a slight dizziness, which last only about 30 seconds. It is more likely an anoxia than a proper high and perhaps from the tobacco mixed in order it burns.

If, as most people here, the only cannabis product I had consumed were Maroccan hash, certainly I would had stopped smoking spliffs long ago, after trying a few times something so expensive that lacks completely any psychoactivity. I would be now smoking Jimsom weed, henbane or mandrake magic potion :biggrin:

thejact55

Just skimmed this whole thread, shame on me for not doing so before now. Very cool snuicide. Glad you are giving a great effort despite low germ rate. Hopefully you find some gems. Despite it being low quality (think i remember reading that), drought resistance and short flowering can be good attributes in crosses...
Keep up the goos work and keep on posting updates.