What's new

Marmite, how do you take yours.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
should of ate the trout huh ? I bring lemon

Oh yeah man. My buddy and I ate trout we cooked on the campfire or in the coals at least 22 nights of the month we were there...Man, we were catching 5 lb. rainbows on 5 weight fly rods almost everyday we we there! What a blast it was....

supermanlives

Veteran
the lake might have a few 5 lbers or more but the river here sure don't.been low water for a long time. I will try marmite first chance. peace

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Man, I dont wanna start a fight or even offend any of you guys, but even tho I know the shit is good for ya, I just can't get past the appearence, smell or taste of it...First time I had it was around '85 when I spent a month trout fishing all over both big islands of NZ.. They spread it about 1 millimeter thick on between 2 pieces of bread that were only about 1/8 inch thick each.. They handed me this thing about 1/4 in thick and called it a sandwich.. again, no offense, but that ain't no sandwich! But then again, I can't stand a slice of red beet on my hamburger either, so maybe it's me with the screwy taste buds on my tongue!!!...LOL ...

LOL about the sandwich. Mitch Hedburg on NY Deli sandwiches. "I'd like a Pastrami sandwich please" "Certainly sir, can I get you anything else?" "Yes, a loaf of bread, and some other people."
If you need to put cocktail sticks in it to hold it together, or keep it wrapped in paper as you eat, so the filling doesn't end up in your lap, it is not IMO a viable sandwich.
At least it has a lid though, unlike Swedish so-called sandwiches.

Do you tickle those Trout Supe?? I can recall some great times standing in the river flinging Trout onto the bank....

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

evidently some of you take this crap seriously.......

9d409a98-ef49-4665-a85a-b6fd8566d884_zps200773da.jpg

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I'm thinking Marmite, watered down considerably, would make a good substitute for expensive spray tans. Fuck it, I'm buying a few jars and a pump pressure garden spray bottle, I'll make a fortune from all the orange people.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Hey Superman,
Heres a pic of an average days catch on the Tongorairo River..
By the way, that's my boot sitting behind them. I wear size 12..

And to keep this comment "on topic", I want to let Harry know that when I cooked these babies up on the campfire,
the thought of putting Marmite or Vegemite on 'em DIDN"T even cross my mind! LOL....

Attachments

• 1985 nice trout.jpg
    1985 nice trout.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 7

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Hey there Bud good to see you, I will let you know as a Dutch Canadian Marmite is one of those mysterious things we see on the shelves of the grocery store and never buy, however I am strangely drawn to it. The promise of vitamins as long as you weather the taste alright.

I am experimenting with hot water and Marmite, it is almost like soup broth. I usually saw up some cow legs and boil out the marrow for soup, this year I will be adding marmite to the Marrow broth I make, good for keeping you warm in those cold winter days.

You are so lucky to live in New Zealand, are those Speckle Trout, they would be big ones if they were, I fly fish for the little specks they are so yummy and fun to fight on light weight line.

keep the dream alive Bud

Peace

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
TV Marmite ads... starting with this years ad, which has caused a hit of a stink, with people claiming it trivialises the works of the RSPCA and other animal rescue groups.
[YOUTUBEIF]QusZ3mrCF-w[/YOUTUBEIF]

Any Cheech and Chong fan has to love these from the 90s, simply because it used Lowrider.
[YOUTUBEIF]pm1qP_y9V9k[/YOUTUBEIF]

And some more
[YOUTUBEIF]pm1qP_y9V9k[/YOUTUBEIF]

This was a classic
[YOUTUBEIF]cHbpTrFPc7Y[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last one
[YOUTUBEIF]KPvyEzSYccw[/YOUTUBEIF]

There are not many products which use peoples dislike of it as a selling point.