What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marineman's 1st grow journal - 600w Bio buckets

marinemansf

Ahhhhhhhhaha, yeah I was stationed there back in the day. I know what you meant, but Stan's anus had me straight laughin till it hurt!

I finally got my next grow thread up with pics here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=295377

It's got pics of my revised setup. I really dig it! I know how it can be trying to iron things out mid run, I did alot of that last time around. Let me know if you have any questions bud.

Rah bro

Personally, I think ppl get way to far into the R.O. water thing...but if ppl dont mind the extra work, more power to them....I have NEVER in 35+ years of growing filtered my water or run through an R.O. system....always been tap water....right now the sub-division I live in has city water testing right about 215ppm.....probably one of the worse tap waters I ever had....
MOST of the time, what is in that tap water does not cause issues...usually calcium and magnesium are biggest culprits (like mine) and that does not cause issues..if anything, u wont ever have the [need for calmag suppliment...anyone with city water can request a copy of its content....when checking and setting ppm numbers, simply deduct the number in which the water tests at....
I have never had an issue with my plants or cuttings using tap water...If ur numbers are high, I do recommend understanding its content before making any decisions...regards, YT

marinemansf

Hey yankee, thank you for the input. I have done some thinking on this subject, and i finally decided to go back to RO water. I did a little discussion on my latest thread (bottom link in sig) and I was more worried about the water clarity, because on my second run, i ran city water and got a huge explosion of microbes that it turned the water cloudy. Went back to RO and run hydroguard and havent had a problem since. I would still like to figure out exactly what happend. My only guess was unfiltered microbes from the city water supply like the environment so much, they just over reproduced. Not sure tho. Thanks.