What's new

MARIJUANA PETITION DRIVE FOR 2008 BALLOT IS UNDER WAY IN MICHIGAN

G

2broke2smoke said:
Peanutbutter,

please elaborate on the U of M dispensing THC.

2b2s

Due to these and other findings, MARINOL® became the only agent ever reclassified from Schedule II to III*

The US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) recognizes the lower abuse potential
of MARINOL®
o

MARINOL® has lower abuse potential than drugs/substances
in Schedules I and II2

* Oklahoma is the only state that has not yet adopted the federal rescheduling decision as of July 2004.

This is THC .. THC is now a schedule 3 drug.

G

WitchKing said:
Michigan is a BROKE-DICK state. I wouldn't count on anything from the assholes who run the state government , In fact that propasal is a dream...that's it. You don't really think they were really going to pass that.HAH! what a fuckin' joke. The hard fact is what we do will remain illegal forever , because it makes the greedheads too much money to stop. People's wants and needs have nothing to do with law making , it's all about the almighty dollar.Untill someone figures out a way to make Marijuana MORE profitable being legal, it ain't never gonna happen.

Please excuse my rant the other day I was in kind of a shit mood. Don't get me wrong I am an activist,I belong to NORML and I sign every pro-marijuana petition that comes my way. I guess I got frustrated reading this thread , because decrim. is SO overdue in Mich.. I mean mich has the Ann Arbor Hash Bash for pete's sake(which I try to attend every year).If you've never been , it really is a unique experience, a day long festival of speakers,music and lots of Herb.I remember the last time I went...sitting in the second story balcony of the bar where they have the afterparty(, smoking and passing doob's like we were sitting in A-dam, watching the music down below, just havin' an absolute blast,The whole time at the after party ,didn't see ONE cop or arrest anywhere. well I'm getting off topic here...anyway I am trying to help, but it always seems like everytime we get close to decrim. ,some fuckin' haughty , taughty polotician stands up to oppose it and usually wins. It is very frustrating because I think most people in mich. seem to not mind Pot.
Were still fighting greedheads and conservatives on this issue, hopefully someday we can get the same number of people who like to go to the Hash Bash to get off there asses and go vote, then we may be getting somewhere.peace. witch. :joint:

Last edited:

Devilock

No biggy witchking. We all have are bad days. Glad to hear you do get involved in the movement. We just gotta stay positive and keep fightin. Peace and *bong* :friends:

marinol is synthetic THC, and as such does not have all the cannabnoids of mj. This is the governments way of getting around the legalization of the real thing, mj.

The pharma companies would love ppl to go for the marinol because they can paten that.

2b2s

Last edited:
G

2broke2smoke said:
marinol is synthetic THC, and as such does not have all the cannabnoids of mj.

It sounds like 49 states changed their laws to allow THC "in sesame oil and encapsulated in soft gelatin capsules" to be prescribed by doctors.

BTW .. THC is THC. It doesn't matter if the source is petrochemicals or pot plants. It's the same thing.

This is crazy. This stuff has been legal for seven years now. (At least legal for certain companies.)

Seems like a lawsuit, based on preferential treatment of companies over the people, is long overdue.

I think I can figure out how to make THC from pot plants .. Would that make my grow legal?

Hey peanutbutter,

That is what the government wants people to think, "thc is thc. it doesn't matter if the source is petrochemicals or pot plants" . Since we can get it other places there is no need to leagalize mj for med patients.

Do you not see this? And the thc may not be the most beneficial Of the hundreds of cannabinoids found in the mj plant.

2b2s

G

2broke2smoke said:
Hey peanutbutter,

That is what the government wants people to think, "thc is thc. it doesn't matter if the source is petrochemicals or pot plants" . Since we can get it other places there is no need to leagalize mj for med patients.

Do you not see this? And the thc may not be the most beneficial Of the hundreds of cannabinoids found in the mj plant.

2b2s

Look .. I'm sorry that THC is THC .. maybe if you wish real hard, that will change .. probably not.

You seem to have missed several points here ..

How about this one: The DEA seems to agree that THC has little addiction potential. (as long as you call it Marinol)

Another one: Marinol is better because it is not inhaled. Inhalation (as in smoking) increases abuse potential. (oops, back up) .. Marinol would be better if inhaled. It would work faster that way .. so the pharma company is working on an inhaled form of the drug. (dough .. just plant a seed)

Hey .. I agree that the herb is better than a pill. I just think that the way they did the whole marinol thing could be used in our favor. As in, maybe, just maybe,, pot has already been reclassified to a schedule III drug by accident.

(Your Honor, if it pleases the court, this is just my organic source for my Marinol)

I was thinking about it this morning and realized that the FDA might not properly have a voice about pot.

They don't regulate any herb that was legal at the time they were formed.
Coffee, tea .. parsley sage rosemary and tyme .. The FDA doesn't need to approve any of them. I think pot may be outside of the control of the FDA.

Okay peanutbutter,

I may have rode the short bus, but check this out for shits and giggles:

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/ongoing/marinol.html

and see if that looks like a loophole for mj, maybe if you wish really really hard....

here is another link for you: http://www.ardpark.org/reference/marinol.htm

notice the following statement:

Still another failure of synthetic THC medications is their lack of the multiple ingredients which appear in natural marijuana. Researchers are just beginning to discover the importance of ingredients such as cannabidiol (CBD), which not only offers specific therapeutic effects in muscle spasms, but also serves to reduce the psychoactive effect of THC. CBD's balancing of THC's psychoactive effect may be one reason many patients prefer marijuana to Marinol.

2b2s

Last edited:
G

2broke2smoke said:
Okay peanutbutter,

Still another failure of synthetic THC medications is their lack of the multiple ingredients which appear in natural marijuana. Researchers are just beginning to discover the importance of ingredients such as cannabidiol (CBD), which not only offers specific therapeutic effects in muscle spasms, but also serves to reduce the psychoactive effect of THC. CBD's balancing of THC's psychoactive effect may be one reason many patients prefer marijuana to Marinol.

2b2s

I agree with everything you say about the topic. And for the same reasons (as far as I can tell.) Except for the idea that synthetic THC isn't really THC because it's synthetic.

I think I'm going to check with my DR about getting a very small script. Just one or two caps .. and carry it with me everywhere.

That way I wouldn't have to worry about piss tests at work or this stupid zero tolerance DUI laws.

Hell .. If I ever got busted I could swear in court that I stole a hit of Marinol to try out ..
"that's why there's THC in my blood, your honor"
or
"That's not THC in my blood. That's that Marinol pill"

Schedule III drug not schedule I.

No blood test could tell the difference.

I have never once said synthetic thc is different than organic thc. What I said is that marinol is not as effective as mj, because of all the other cannabanoids in the mj mix.

Once the gov convinces everybody that synthetic thc is just as good as mj, then there is no reason to change mj laws. The pharma companies get to make lots of $$$ and the war on mj can continue without missing a beat.

Tomorrow, I am on a mission to procure a marinol script, if successful I will tell you if it is the same or not through first hand account. Onlt question is where to get the script filled, possably U of M pharmacy? I called Sams club and they do not carry it will try meijers then cvs before resorting to the U as they tend to be pricey there.

2b2s

Last edited:
G

2broke2smoke said:
I have never once said synthetic thc is different than organic thc. What I said is that marinol is not as effective as mj, because of all the other cannabanoids in the mj mix.

Once the gov convinces everybody that synthetic thc is just as good as mj, then there is no reason to change mj laws. The pharma companies get to make lots of $$$ and the war on mj can continue without missing a beat.

Tomorrow, I am on a mission to procure a marinol script, if successful I will tell you if it is the same or not through first hand account. Onlt question is where to get the script filled, possably U of M pharmacy? I called Sams club and they do not carry it will try meijers then cvs before resorting to the U as they tend to be pricey there.

2b2s

I could care less about how well it works. I'm sure the stuff is shit.
All I care about now is will it kill a piss test .. and I think it will.
I think that it'll make you positive for pot and give you a pass at the same time.

Just like a percription for adderall will make you test positive for amphetamines and give you a pass at the same time. You just need the paperwork.