What's new

Marijuana Nation on National Geographic

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
thank you for the trailer yukon!

I definitely dig the stance I was seeing in the trailer, but in this day and age I actually dig seeing pro/con aspects (although they are few and far between, typically a lot of bullshit statistics that are viewed from a VERY skewed aspect) that can be presented on the topic of MMJ. I am actually going to be very much trashed out of my skull when that plays (on the west coast for a buddies engagement party) so I will have to set up a recording.

side note - I love IC MAG, no other place lets me know of the very MANY different marijuana information sources and projects that are undertaken in this day and age.

K

KINGKONG

Wow, no crap this is the only post out of every one you have ever posted that actually helps the community.

Just saying good job, dont beg me for free weed...

"Marijuana Nation" on National Geographic

"Marijuana Nation" on National Geographic

Was browsing the internet and found this, thought some people might want the heads up. Normally I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but if weed is on I could be all about that.

Anyway here's the info and corresponding clicky:
National Geographic said:
Marijuana is the most widely used illicit drug on the planet. In most countries, this plant is illegal; some brand it as dangerous; others seem to look the other way. In the U.S. the federal government places it in the same category as heroin. Across the globe, bold growers plant gardens in national forests, national parks and suburban homes converted into greenhouses. Scientists who study this plant consider it among the most complex in the plant kingdom with 400 active chemicals and compounds... Join National Geographics EXPLORER as we investigate the state of marijuana.

One thing that caught my eye is it looks like they're spotlighting some american growers, both "legal" and underground. It's always fun to see what they're saying about us :joint:. NatGeo should be pretty neutral throughout.

For those not venturing off ICMag it airs Tuesday Dec. 2nd @9PM.

Last edited:
I

icon

About a month ago i saw an older program on national geographic with the same title looked like it was from the late 90's. Showed & talked about growing operations in national parks mainly medicino california. It was focused on the mexican drug cartel hiring illegals to watch their gurilla farms in the mountains & the camera crews going on servailance stings & bust. It was hard to watch them pull thousands of plants out of the ground.They even had an interview with a man that grew for personal use on federal land in california that is now in prison. im just baffled on how peolpe can be so easily brainwashed to believe that this plant is dangerous.(only the weak minded) i guess.

im just baffled on how peolpe can be so easily brainwashed to believe that this plant is dangerous.

Haha I remember the first time I smoked. Something happens when you realize you've been duped about a thing so blatantly for 15 years.
Kept smoking and never looked back, and adjusted my trust for my government accordingly. :joint:

I'm just glad the herb is finally getting some (hopefully) impartial coverage. Hopefully we can blast trough this criminal thing in the next 10-15 years.

whiterabbit9

Veteran
KINGKONG said:
Wow, no crap this is the only post out of every one you have ever posted that actually helps the community.

Just saying good job, dont beg me for free weed...

and what about this post you just made ?

that helps the community how ?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
teddybud said:
Don't know whos seen the previews for this yet but national geographic is doing a documentory on ganja in the usa.. it is on december 2nd I believe.. anyone know anythign about it?
according to my online cable guide next Tues/Dec 2nd NatGeo channel is running 6 hours of 'Explorer' from 7pm to 1am depending on your time zone, of course this is subjet to error and/or change.......

I also tried looking up Marijuana Nation in imdb files and found no reference to it, too bad as they ususally include the next 2/3 scheduled viewings upcoming in the US.