What's new

Marijuana mogul, caught because he didn't want to pay utility bill

medman225

Tho at smaller amounts of usage as long as u pay up the electric company is not gona bat an eye at u.... tho if joe the manager at electric company finds out about a grow.... hes indeed gona report it.
u think joe cares about making a little extra money for the company by looking the other way when if found out he knew he could potentially loose his job?
Point is
At some point u gota start runnin generators... the point in whjch its obvious is gona b dif depending kn the size of a dwelling.... but a safe rule thats always worked for me is for evry bedroom 1 1000w light
also for god sakes as if we didnt hav enuf of these tales lf caution..... if u dont take learn from the mistakes of others ur truly an idiot
Pay ur damn bill everyone. Dont giv them a reason to start payin attention to u
and if ur usjng so much electric u havta steal it u need to rethink ur plan
i mean shit if ur payin for all thag u shuld b growing dankage thats well worth more than 2500.... and if ur growin enuf top of the line herb u shuls hav plenty to rent 2 or 3 3bdrm apartmemts

MrMagic

there has to be much more to this story,my guess is there was a fly in the ointment or he got complacent and sloppy.ive seen and read way too many times about guys gettin busted from stealing electric to even consider it,it must be in the top 3 things Not to do,your makin money pay the fuckin bill!

I

izzywozzywizzy

You have to ask yourself is money that important .ten years . Better if the supplys are cottage industrys so we all get a peice of cake than one Mr big taking all the prifits ,I bet he didn't know one of his crew rigged the power ,you dont do that if your a professnal dope grower ,shame only violent crims and rapists should get ten year,peace

I

izzywozzywizzy

I don't give a turd that he was stealing power, my only concern is that they got another grower. We may or may not agree with his methods, but we can all agree, that another on of us...a grower......is sleeping behind bars tonight. It sucks!!!!!

I agree ,would they lock up a beer brewer for ten years even if he stole POwer .NO NO NO

2500 a pound must have been some real crap commercial shit.

Not true. Its about volume. Yeah, sure you may produce 3 lbs/month and sell it for 4k/lb but if you are producing 3000lb/mo you are gonna have a hell of a time selling it for 4k/lb. better to move the shit fast at 2500/lb. OR Just because 1lb is worth $4000, doesnt mean 1000 lbs is worth $4000000

C

Chamba

16 years he got...that sentence is a life finisher at his age..if he lives that long he will walk out of jail 73 years old a broken, broke and institutionalized frail man....a murderer would of got half that sentence and would get paroled out in 4 ~ 8 years.

Maybe the boss didn't steal power, maybe the house minder took money for the power bill each month from the boss and then bypassed the meter on the sly to increase his earnings. Chances are that the boss who had lots of houses set-up and imported from Canada didn't visit his grow houses after he selected the house and got it up and running...what probably happened is the cops got a tip from the power company, busted the house, threatened the house minder with 1000 years in jail, so he gave up his boss, his mother, his third grade teacher and the Easter Bunny...... the prick who squealed (and stole the power in the first place) will probably get probation and live to squeal another day.

Cannabis prohibition is fucked which ever way you look at it.

Last edited:
C

Chamba

and yeah, stealing power is wrong every which way.......if you can't make lots of money growing commercially in this day and age without stealing power, then you aren't doing it right.

One way to reduce your power bill is run your HPS lights per room on several circuits instead of one, and turn off 1/3 of the lights at a time several times during the "lights on" period (and substitute with CFLs for the areas with turned off HPS lights) which will help reduce your monthly bill...and if power usage is a concern then power half your lights with a generator

there's lots of ways to minimize costs.....you can run your flowering rooms on one or two lights in the first week, then two or three lights in the 2nd or 3rd weeks for example with individual pots or small tables and the right type of staking.....then 4 or 5 lights for the next 5 ~ 7 weeks of flowering (or whatever). You can run 400 watt lights for the first 4 weeks then run 1000 watters for the last 4 or 6 weeks.......

running 1000 watters over babies is a waste, when CFLs do it just as good.....it's all a question of brains and the extra work it takes to make things more efficient

Last edited:
Maybe there is more to the numbers, but I'm pretty sure this guy would have gotten busted in bumfuck wherever using $2500 per month. I'm sure no farmers locally, no matter how much land they have would use this much. Around me this would be about 40 lights 12/12 im sure he had enough to invest, but he obviously wasnt a IC member :biggrin:

He should have set up generators nat gas or propane and then less shady IMO If he was as experienced as it seems, he wouldnt have been stealing power or had a fire from it.

I could be wrong but I think Bui is Vietnamese. These guys got that "go big" reflex they don't mess around. Too bad their bud taste like exhaust from a greyhound bus from the 70's. These splinter cell type growers have a decent model leaving Canada and Cali for a piece of that eastcoast action.

R

rbt

$2261.00 in 40 days that 56.52 a day Really ? or 23,381 in 40 days or 584.53 KWH per day When the average home nationally uses 900 per month. and the utility company on a residential line didn't notice that voltage drop like that? Seems like somebody has their thumb on the scale.

The story doesn't make it sound like it was the stealing that got him caught but shoddy electrical work. Not saying stealing is OK but I don't think that's what did him in.