What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana may up heart attack, stroke risk

S

Sinxar

"I think the low end was 78 joints a week. That's 10 or 11 joints a day,"

I smoke 2 joints in the morning, I smoke 2 joints at night....

But seriously, wow. Nice scientific study tho, they had me at "perhaps".

igrowone

Veteran
My proof is ME....
sorry blind sheep......I know you like to think that weed is GOOD for you.....It's not.......And it's no cure all either.......
Fact: smoking weed is bad for you.....aids in respotory failure and heart complications......causes more harm to your body than it helps......

if your proof is you, well that's probably meaningful to you, but we would have a hard time judging that since we don't know your medical history, MJ usage, etc.
now if you have some links to good clinical information, i think that's always welcome here(or should be)
i personally welcome good information on this topic

justanotherbozo

Veteran
wow 2 masters of the obvious in a row......
im not bi polor or use any other drugs....
Ive been a heavy daily smoker for 25 years.....
My proof is ME....
sorry blind sheep......I know you like to think that weed is GOOD for you.....It's not.......And it's no cure all either.......
Fact: smoking weed is bad for you.....aids in respotory failure and heart complications......causes more harm to your body than it helps......eyyy yei yei ........are there legit.medical applications? sure.....but you need to get off your pedestal......and realise.....
smoking weed will kill you faster than not smoking. I can and do absolutly believe it leads to increase in high bp and other heart conditions.........Or YOU PROVE that it dosent ok hypocrites
notice it's only you calling other people names.

you're entitled to believe what you want and if you want to
comment on the 'obvious', everyone knows that smoking
is bad for your health, whether it's cannabis or tobacco.

now, i've been a daily smoker since '69 and my blood pressure
has been around 120\80 for nearly 30 years and that doesn't
mean anything to the canna community, only to me, as your
experience only has value for you.

try to remember that when you feel the need to insult
those that disagree with you, it's you that ends up looking bad.

and you don't know me well enough to know whether i'm
a sheep or a hypocrite.

peaceout

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Increased risk of stroke and heart attack are pretty classic symptoms of smoke inhalation, regardless of it being cannabis or tobacco or old tires.

Too bad they didn't have a control group who used just edibles. Would have made their flawed conclusions very obvious. Instead they study long term smokers, and don't screen them for conditions which contribute to the effects they discovered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

Someone needs explain that concept to these "researchers"

KarmasWheele

Veteran

a sheep or a hypocrite.

peaceout
You are projecting here...I called no one names or ever said I was not being Obvious......You are assuming I directed that specifically to you....It was ment more for those in the community that preech the godspell of MMJ without seeing the Obvious.....hope I am more clear.....Still I dont see you providing any other info besides personal opnion....so it's safe to say maybe we both are full of shit.....

justanotherbozo

Veteran
You are projecting here...I called no one names or ever said I was not being Obvious......You are assuming I directed that specifically to you....It was ment more for those in the community that preech the godspell of MMJ without seeing the Obvious.....hope I am more clear.....Still I dont see you providing any other info besides personal opnion....so it's safe to say maybe we both are full of shit.....

speak for yourself.

below i've highlighted the previous statements that
belie your current protestations.

you defend yourself rather than understand.

wow 2 masters of the obvious in a row......
im not bi polor or use any other drugs....
Ive been a heavy daily smoker for 25 years.....
My proof is ME....
Fact: smoking weed is bad for you.....aids in respotory failure and heart complications......causes more harm to your body than it helps......eyyy yei yei ........are there legit.medical applications? sure.....but you need to get off your pedestal......and realise.....
smoking weed will kill you faster than not smoking. I can and do absolutly believe it leads to increase in high bp and other heart conditions.........Or YOU PROVE that it dosent ok hypocrites

if those aren't insults to those who disagree with you i don't know what you'd call them, that was CERTAINLY your intent, despite your pleas of innocence.

but, like i already said, you're entitled to believe what you want.

a sheep or a hypocrite.

peaceout
I certainly don't want to end up being just another datapoint....I've always had blood pressure problems, regardless of conditioning, weight, or what I ate...take my word for it

I've been very negligent about checking my blood pressure, ever since I was diagnosed with chronic myelogenous leukemia, about eight months ago and began vaporizing on a routine basis

never really worried about my blood pressure before that as I exercised hiking/biking daily

I thought about finding my cuff this morning.....well, at least I have it in mind now, so I'll start in the next day, or two

KarmasWheele

Veteran
..It was ment more for those in the community that preech the godspell of MMJ without seeing the Obvious.....hope I am more clear...............
now prove to me that your OPNION is more valid than mine and maybe leave out the personall attacks your ARGUEMENT is purely based in symantecs.....Im not looking for a fight...

justanotherbozo

Veteran
I certainly don't want to end up being just another datapoint....I've always had blood pressure problems, regardless of conditioning, weight, or what I ate...take my word for it

I've been very negligent about checking my blood pressure, ever since I was diagnosed with chronic myelogenous leukemia, about eight months ago and began vaporizing on a routine basis

never really worried about my blood pressure before that as I exercised hiking/biking daily

I thought about finding my cuff this morning.....well, at least I have it in mind now, so I'll start in the next day, or two

i pray you'll come out ok in the end and i mean that with all my heart.

that said, i think you'd have to agree that that 'report' was
total horse puckey!

a sample of 18 stoners is just not enough of a pool to make
ANY conclusions worth a nickel.

or maybe that's the point, with such a small sample they
can 'prove' whatever they want to.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
..It was ment more for those in the community that preech the godspell of MMJ without seeing the Obvious.....hope I am more clear...............
now prove to me that your OPNION is more valid than mine and maybe leave out the personall attacks your ARGUEMENT is purely based in symantecs.....Im not looking for a fight...

look man, i'm not looking for an argument either and i've not
insulted you once, even though you have been insulting
more than once.

and my only opinion was that this 'report' is bullshit, period!

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
"We're talking about people who are stoned all the time. We're talking about the marijuana equivalent of the guy in the alley clutching a bottle of cheap wine."

Ouch, that's me.
I guess I'm a Mariju-wino

"We're talking about people who are stoned all the time. We're talking about the marijuana equivalent of the guy in the alley clutching a bottle of cheap wine."

Ouch, that's me.
I guess I'm a Mariju-wino
I just picked up 3 cases of Charles Shaw

It's affectionately known, here in CA, as 2 buck chuck

actually, it's decent wine

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
I just picked up 3 cases of Charles Shaw

It's affectionately known, here in CA, as 2 buck chuck

actually, it's decent wine
Lmao, I just read an article on it called
"The frugal wine drinkers"
They said it's getting more and more popular with the bad economy

Next time I'm laying in an ally, smoking joints out of a brown paper bag, I'll add a bottle of chuck into the mix, lol.

KarmasWheele

Veteran
Im sorry if my matter of fact tone comes across as insulting......not intended as such......intended actually so as to avoid anyone taking it personall....in no way was I passively trying to insult anyone.....excuse the misunderstanding.......

ibuster57

The people that do these studies do it for profit. Paid for by government agencies that would lose a great deal of clout and control over our lives. To much oxygen and water will kill you. The FDA just hasn't found a way to regulate and license it yet. Cannabis causes me to worry about heart attack or stroke every time I can see the bottom of my stash jar.

cronicle

stress will kill you ,high blood pressure from weed,well let me say that I saw my boy,after trimming sativas,got a nose bleed from the sissor hash

I agree...The worst thing in the world for your body and mind is....STRESS....Indiviuals who have a hard time dealing with stress in their daily lives,tend to have a much shorter life span...thats a fact.

Latest posts

Latest posts