What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana Cannabis Caviar: $1,400-an-ounce

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
The last time I got shwag (14+ years ago) we found a preserved gecko in the middle of the brick. So brick weed is kinda like cracker jacks..I guess?

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Classic! I grew up in the Co mecca for mexi-brick but I never got any lizards, just a few random plants/bugs, and the uber-tasty paraquat.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The alcohol extracted hash oil I have made in the past from Sweet Tooth nugs and some top quality trim actually ends up being totally solid after all the alcohol is evaporated and looks like shiny dark black/green hashish & totally delish dissolved in some hot tea or on top of a nice bowl of good green. Like I said it's full on bubble bubble when you try to light it. Amazing in a vape, tastes like flowers & citrus and this warm soothing feeling just flows over you. :)

Now that shit, dried on some AAA Sweet Tooth nug might go for $1400/z no problemo man! :greenstars:

veta

We have tested a number of samples of this product at FSL. It ranges from 18-24% total THC content. Which is not bad by its self. However, it is interesting because we can tell the people making it are using very poor quality raw plant material, the plant material alone is around 4-5% THC. The average in CO right now for comparison is 10-12%.

Basically, they are dipping the stuff they couldn't sell in poor quality extracts (probably made from the same material), and asking outrageous prices. We estimate is costs at most 600$ a ounce to make. At most.

I wrote a nice letter to Westword about it, well will see if the publish anything more on the subject.

We have tested a number of samples of this product at FSL. It ranges from 18-24% total THC content. Which is not bad by its self. However, it is interesting because we can tell the people making it are using very poor quality raw plant material, the plant material alone is around 4-5% THC. The average in CO right now for comparison is 10-12%.

Basically, they are dipping the stuff they couldn't sell in poor quality extracts (probably made from the same material), and asking outrageous prices. We estimate is costs at most 600$ a ounce to make. At most.

I wrote a nice letter to Westword about it, well will see if the publish anything more on the subject.
please educate me..how much does testing cost? and is it a flat rate?

can you tell me anything about the process?

what quantity is required for testing?

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, send it to me as much as possible and I will smoke it and tell you how it was! :greenstars: k? :)

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Nice post Veta!
That's exactly what I figured was going on when I saw it. :nono:
We desperately need some quality control, esp. out here in western CO.

Thank you Veta! :tiphat:

komrade komura

If it costs $600 dollars to make and they are charging $1400....then it seems they took the term 'Gross Profit' literally.

Does it come in a velvet draw-string pouch?

New World Order: Greed

I come back to cannabis after a 25+ year career and family break. The prices are ridiculous.

$25 oz Jamaican and $30 oz Colombian. Mexican $10 oz....what the fuck happened while I was gone?

Now I just go to Amsterdam every year with a little notebook and come home and grow the stuff I write down....if I can remember to write it down.

I went to a p lace downtown that was offering "free" caviar... what a joke. I make my own BHO and I grow and breed my own meds. I love making BHO cadies and smoking a big bowl of my organicly grown buds with my own BHO which is usually a mixture of 5 different strains so I get a nice rounded effect.

Totally awesome if you make your own. My tolerance is so sky high I rarely get "stoned" anymore, but I do get tremendous relief.

I was forced to quit for 100 days or so and I took 2 puffs of the white widow we grew and my face went numb. We ended up throwing her out of the garden due to low yeild, but cross breed her with strawberry cough and it turned out super nice (scarlet venom).

So now I am thinking since my toerance is so out of wack about quitting for a week or two, then have some more face numbing experiences.

I made my own personal stash of BHO lozenges, I used 2.5g of my own bho from my own plants and made 1 tray of lozenges and a few lollipops with 1c sugar 1/3 c corn suryp, 1/4 c water, boil until it reaches 302 deg f take off heat, add flavoring, (I freeze my bho to make it easier to handle) then stir in frozen bho and then pour candy into molds. This is the recipie for my personal stash, but for most people, triple the sugar recipie and those candies are usually good for the average stoner.

A lot of my patients seem to prefer the edibles these days, so I'm about to do a gargantuan bho run as everything in flower got pollinated by accident, so after I get all the beans I want out of them, then they go into the trim pile (only the stuff covered in trichomes) and then dried out thouroughly and then we will do the runs of bho.

I'm trying to get my husband to biuld me a propane extractor system... maybe later on this summer it will happen.

Done right, BHO covered buds are a delight, more of a growers type thing I think. I mean, I enjoy them tremendously, at least the ones I make myself, but the one I got at that place on wazee downtown was garbage.

Calling it caviar is fucking stupid. This is not a new product, as said before it is called honey bud. When made with quality buds and quality oil, this stuff will knock you on your fuckin ass and burn very long. It is the defenition of medical. Gets me higher than anything, would imagine it would relieve most medical conditions that people use weed for. The problem here is what the lab said. They are not using quality starting material or oil. There is probally very little oil on it. If it was the real deal I would think 30 a G would be reasonable. Potency shoild be 40%+. Problem is : quality products cannot be made in bulk ,period. The profit they are making at 1400 is rediculous and immoral. That being said ,if they had quality honey buds available, they would have very little compared to demand and I think 40-60/g should be the going rate. It would take someone all fuckin day to make a ounce or 2 done the right way. Don't complain about price, just don't pay it. If that is what it is worth to some,so be it. Personally i wouldn't sell a gram of it for $100. Anyway, thats my take.
P.S I smoke blunts of real honey bud too, when trim and popcorn is available to me, its awesome, not gross lol!!

MrWeekend

picture.php

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
man what a retarded gimmick to get dumb ass yuppies

I have been making this stuff and loading it into my hookah for years. it works like molasses on tobacco (shisha).

leilani

Caviar implies elegance and luxury with the highest grades known for minimal processing and natural freshness. This is just pumping more THC in than what's naturally possible with the plant itself. Sounds more like Cannabis Crack to me.

Lacing a Newport with extra nicotine doesn't turn it into a Cuban.

I'm sure it serves its purpose for those who are in extreme medical need, but I find it distasteful that they're trying to hawk it as the creme de la creme of weed. It's just industrial strength, imo.

Latest posts

Latest posts