What's new

Marijuana Brand Labels

JLP

Veteran
Hey Sam,

According to this site : http://www.marijuanastamps.com/ under the listing for state stamps it says the state of Maine only issued a single $150 stamp before they stopped.

Guy on E-bay has some federal ones but he wants mucho dinero for them.

Good luck Sam.

JLP

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
That is why I want the Maine stamp, if I can find it. The site is familiar to me, he is an old friend, try http://www.milwaukeephilatelic.org/HenakHome/Exhibit.htm
It is even better and more complete. But to be honest I have a more complete collection of State Marijuana Tax Stamps then either of these two sites. I saw the eBay offers, $10,000+ for 11 stamps, that is why I only have one of the 1937 federal tax stamps.
-SamS

Last edited:

JLP

Veteran
Thanks for the link.

You know I always thought if they legalized weed it would be cheap as dirt but not according to those stamps.Most states settle on $3.50 usd per gram tax rate,that's about $90 bucks an oz in just taxes.Arizona shows $10 an oz but it's a 20 year old rate.

I don't know much about your collection but I've seen you talk about it and I wouldn't be suprised if you have the biggest collection of Cannabis literature/stamps that there is.

The guy on E-bay claims the post office was sitting on 5000 of those 1937 Fed stamps and they sold them.Hopefully the increased numbers will bring price down and availability up,eventually.

JLP

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Retro stuff

Retro stuff

I was at a friends house the other day and she broke out this old board game called deluxe scam (deluxe version of the orginal).The game was made in Berkley,Cal back in the 70's.It was about smuggling pot from other countries.It had a little spinner thing that you'd spin to see how many times you move and then there were these cards that said things like "that connection turned out to be a rip-off move two spaces back" or "the guys you helped out are drug kingpins move five steps forwards" something to that effect anyway...There didn't seem to be any directions so I don't how it was played for sure,but the jist of game was not to get busted.lol Anyhoo I was jus wonderin if anybody has seen this game? Btw It's good ta see ya around Sam. You sure have some purty cool and rare stuff thanks for sharin.take care...BC

skweetis

Thanks for all the pictures of your patches! Funny how many of them would be more fitting on a biker than a cop... Umm, anyone know how to make patches? I'm just a little jealous, lol

G

the art work like old fruit box labels I've collected from the Pajaro Valley .......very detailed and great color..........

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If anyone here is living in Georgia and wants to do me a favor you can go to the state Department of Revenue*Headquarters

1800 Century Center Blvd.,
N.E.Atlanta 30345
Georgia

and ask to buy a Marijuana tax receipt, they don't have stamps. The receipt is just a normal tax reciept, with Marijuana/controlled substances written on it.
The receipts are $3.50 a gram. I will take one that is 1 gram, 5 grams, 10 grams. Cost is $3.50 +17.75 + 35.00.
5 years ago I tried to order them by phone from Amsterdam and was told I had to pay cash in person. Later a friend called and was told they can't find the forms to order one.
There is no problem in trying to get one, they are 100% legal. Contact me I have some advice to anyone willing to try for me.

2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 48 - REVENUE AND TAXATION
CHAPTER 15 - EXCISE TAX ON MARIJUANA AND CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES
§ 48-15-8 - Enforcement and administration of chapter

O.C.G.A. 48-15-8 (2010)
48-15-8. Enforcement and administration of chapter:

This chapter shall be enforced and administered by the commissioner, and the commissioner is authorized to adopt all forms and all reasonable rules and regulations which the commissioner deems necessary to enforce and administer this chapter.

The law is still active and they are just being shits at the tax office.
Here is what a Marijuana Tax Receipt looks like:

Attachments

• Pottax5.jpg
    Pottax5.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 13

Dkgrower

Veteran
Do u got any from denmark ?

i am thinking of some stamps u could buy on christiania and get 1 gram hash they are form 70ts

dickcorn

Almost be worth it to take a flight there for a big bag of sadpxsk1 seeds. Do you have more, or plans on working it again?

window

Veteran
Brand labels

Brand labels

Very cool pic's Sam, love the one's of you and your missus in Kabul, you were one cool looking hippy dude.:biggrin:
Never seen any brand label's in u.k, where I'm from but remember getting excited about the gold stamps on the hash we used to get in the late eighties, "free Afghanistan", stuff like that.
I'm more of a collector of vintage, marijuana, hash, grow books and am very interested in the history of homegrown grass in the U.S.A, from the first hippies that went back to the land to grow out the imports of the time, to the super sativa and later indica hybrids that they developed, must have been a magical time.
Love the fact that these growers produced brand labels, very underground and cool, shows pride in there products.
Hope more get posted.

Dkgrower

Veteran
All of my stamps are from usa states or the us federal govt.
-SamS

We cleaned the Free Hashish movements room in christiania long ago but we found alot of old hash stamps -

I can forward you some of the orginals for ya collection if you are interested

:tiphat:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Anyone know anything about this?
I googled but couldn't find the company. Unless it changed to a plastics company.

Was wondering it's age.
picture.php

picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I was thinking 80s too. I found a site that had a pic of this but the larger 1 oz size. He said it didn't smell like any cannabis he'd ever come across.

Latest posts

Latest posts