What's new

Marijuana Botany by Clarke? Worth the Read?

GoneRooty

Corn is somewhat rare in that it has separate reproductive organs within the same plant, as do some trees. *Just mentioning. *I'm no expert tho.

That's what's called a monoecious plant, and isn't rare at all. Even less rare than dioecious plants.

mad librettist

Veteran
That's what's called a monoecious plant, and isn't rare at all. Even less rare than dioecious plants.

If you run a city, this is an important point when planting street trees. Dioecious plants guarantee messy sidewalks when the fruit falls, whereas a male monoecious plant is pumping out a shitload of pollen.

mad librettist

Veteran
is a contradiction in terms!

yes correct, I meant the reverse. cutting and pasting can yield funny results ;)

let me get it right-

male dioecious trees make a lot of pollen that results in pressure on the social safety net because of increased incidence of conditions like asthma that affect poor urban populations that rely on subsidized services disproportionately. You avoid the yearly cleanup but shoot yourself in the foot doing it.

make sense?

h.h.

Veteran
I downloaded it on Kindle for PC a month or so ago. I haven't read it, only skimmed it so far. I though tit was worth having and kept it for further reading. Kindle makes it very easy to return material if you don't like it. Believe me. I've returned a lot.More of a resource than an actual read. Not just another grow guide, it gets more into the genetics.
I would recommend it if you want to get into any type of breeding or just have a curiosity. Having similar personalities disorders as myself, one should like it.

rrog

Veteran
Bought it. Read through it to see what was in it. Nice book if you're a breeder. Not what I was looking / hoping for.

rrog

Veteran
Wouldn't say it's over my head. I have 4 year degrees in bio and chem. It's just not what I thought it might be.

h.h.

Veteran
Bought it. Read through it to see what was in it. Nice book if you're a breeder. Not what I was looking / hoping for.
That's pretty much what I got out of it. Good for breeders and the curious. It did answer a couple questions I had therefore I deemed it worth the price.
Kindle is a free download with an easy 7 day return policy. Simply send them an e-mail. It gives you a chance to skim a book really good or even read it and return it. You can return them and buy a hard copy...Whatever. You're not stuck with a book you're disappointed in. They don't have all the titles and some books written especially for Kindle suck but overall they have a good selection.

I'd skim the book at least once more. It does give insight to the different strains and has some relevance to the grower. You may find it's still worthwhile having.

purple_man

Veteran
yeppp, got it, read it several times, n love it!!! would advise to everyone trying to get into preserving/breeding as a starting point.

blessss

Latest posts

Latest posts