What's new

Maria's Subtropical Outdoor Guerilla Grows with Connoisseur Genetics (Perpetual Journal)

Herbert Chickybaby

Yeah, Thailand is a bit better than here.
You have something of a 'dry' season there, that others may call winter (except that Thailand is still so hot!)
Maybe 50 km and further south of here they have a dry season.
We don't do that here.
Today at my place of work, the basement floor is just wet from the humidity condensing on the cold tiles. Not damp or moist, but just straight wet like somebody mopped the floor but forget to dry mop afterwards.
Mexico has a lot of micro-climates, but still, you always come away thinking its generally a pretty dry country. But of course it really depends a lot, they must have just about every kind of climate there.

Herbert Chickybaby

I would like to visit Mexico one day.
What a fascinating and philosophical comment Maria. But I thought you already were in Mexico already, lol. Sorry if I was mistaken in that impression. Maybe you mean the Mexico I was describing, the Mexico of many climates. I suppose my Mexico is not your Mexico and yes it might be nice to visit the Mexico that is the actually Mexico not the Mexico we simply experience on an ordinary level the one we might say is Mexico, but which is not. I wonder which Mexico Mexico is? Or the Mexico I last visited, I suppose there were many of them actually and ech with their own micro-climates. Or oh perhaps you meant that because you are staying in Mexico you are not visiting it and to simply visit Mexico might be a nice thing you'd hope to do someday. I see. Sorry.

Hasch

learning and laughing
😳
. I suppose my Mexico is not your Mexico and yes it might be nice to visit the Mexico that is the actually Mexico not the Mexico we simply experience on an ordinary level the one we might say is Mexico, but which is not. I wonder which Mexico Mexico is? Or the Mexico I last visited, I suppose there were many of them actually and ech with their own micro-climates. Or oh perhaps you meant that because you are staying in Mexico you are not visiting it and to simply visit Mexico might be a nice thing you'd hope to do someday. I see.
🙃🤣🙏🏼

Sounds like a trippy sativa high or maybe M. C. Esher put into writing...
:tiphat: Herbert

Maria Sanchez

GOOD. they look magnificent for this finale😎 Be careful with the mold, once touched it can go very very quickly...

I've read that when removing the Botrytis it is important to not contaminat the healthy parts with the spores.
-> clean tools and disinfect hands / wear gloves...
Thank you both @badass-eu and @Hasch
It is nasty stuff.
I couldn't do a proper job with gloves, alcohol to clean off, etc.
But I do my best to not spread it around.
It hadn't spread much between last Friday and yesterday, so I'm hoping conditions have slowed it right down.
When I next visit I will be better prepared and do another trim.
Then a final inspection before jarring it all up.

Maria Sanchez

What a fascinating and philosophical comment Maria. But I thought you already were in Mexico already, lol. Sorry if I was mistaken in that impression.

Hola HC!
I'm not in Mexico, nor have I ever visited Mexico.

It's my user name, isn't it?
Everyone thinks I'm in Mexico, or Colombia maybe, around here.

Hint: it's not my real name!
Though my real (European language) name probably wouldn't give a different impression, either, hahahahaahaa!

Maybe you mean the Mexico I was describing, the Mexico of many climates. I suppose my Mexico is not your Mexico and yes it might be nice to visit the Mexico that is the actually Mexico not the Mexico we simply experience on an ordinary level the one we might say is Mexico, but which is not. I wonder which Mexico Mexico is? Or the Mexico I last visited, I suppose there were many of them actually and ech with their own micro-climates. Or oh perhaps you meant that because you are staying in Mexico you are not visiting it and to simply visit Mexico might be a nice thing you'd hope to do someday. I see. Sorry.

You are correct, I'm sure there are many Mexicos.
I haven't been to any of them, except perhaps the Mexico in my imagination.

I would like to see the Mexico of the beautiful Mexican people.
Share their space and lives, food, music, family, friends, love and happiness.
Not the Mexico of Hollywood, with it's cartoon villains and fake yellow filters.

😳

🙃🤣🙏🏼

Sounds like a trippy sativa high or maybe M. C. Esher put into writing...
:tiphat: Herbert

Maybe we can convince him to share around that TRSC Bokeo he's been growing up in north (?) Thailand?

~MJS

Hasch

learning and laughing
Aloha everyone

A few seeds of Bokeos? Definitely?

Regarding the botrytis, was thinking it might be a good idea to strip the larger leaves from the drying plants. So that if there are still some spores around the conditions aren't favorable for them...

Maria Sanchez

Aloha everyone

A few seeds of Bokeos? Definitely?

Regarding the botrytis, was thinking it might be a good idea to strip the larger leaves from the drying plants. So that if there are still some spores around the conditions aren't favorable for them...

You are almost certainly correct.

But my garden isn't on my balcony, and times I can visit are limited.
Will have to see when I can visit again, maybe Saturday.
I should have more time then, too, to do a better more thorough job.

Humidity will be high, so apart from removed fans, thinking about whether I want to cut most of the bud off the main stem.
That will make it dry faster, though I'd still want to keep the main cola for a nice dry-bud pic later on.
Once they go in the laundry bag to dry, they get a little bit squished -- not much, just a little.

How are your Ace babies doing?
You already flipped to flower, yah?
They'll prob still need 30+ days to show sex.

Hasch

learning and laughing
Day 27 after cracking the soil

PXL_20240222_133513381.RAW-01.COVER~2.jpg

10 days of 11 / 13 light

Bottom left are the two New Caledonia
Top row are Honduras x Panama
And all the way on the right is the Thai Chi

Top right corner HxP was topped two days ago
Same as one NxC in left corner

And first sign of sex
PXL_20240222_095410230.RAW-01.COVER~3.jpg

Not sure what's what, but at least the plants are starting to show their colors 😅

Last edited:

Maria Sanchez

Day 27 after cracking the soil

View attachment 18963026
10 days of 11 / 13 light

Bottom left are the two New Caledonia
Top row are Honduras x Panama
And all the way on the right is the Thai Chi

Top right corner HxP was topped two days ago
Same as one NxC in left corner

And first sign of sex
View attachment 18963037
Not sure what's what, but at least the plants are starting to show their colors 😅
Oh, wow! Looking very strong and lush.
Those two big ones you topped are super.
My sativas here were showing around day 32 to 42, so I think it can't be long for you there.
Not sure what that is, either.
Sometimes I used to just get extra vegetative growth at the nodes.
They're all fems, right? Or do you have some regs in the mix?
How big are your pots there?

Hasch

learning and laughing
The pots have a good 2l of substrat each (mixed with dry amendments and some mycorrhiza at the roots of the seedlings).

The two NC are regs, so that's where I'm looking to see what they turn out to be.

When the first stretch is over I'm planning to up pot them to maybe 7 - 8l bags.
Amendments with a P+K focus in the bigger pots.

Am thinking of up potting the Thai Chi in the next days, since I assume she won't be that vigorous + stretchy. To give her kind of a head start...

Last edited:

Maria Sanchez

The pots have a good 2l of substrat each (mixed with dry amendments and some mycorrhiza at the roots of the seedlings).

The two NC are regs, so that's where I'm looking to see what they turn out to be.

When the first stretch is over I'm planning to up pot them to maybe 7 - 8l bags.
Amendments with a P+K focus in the bigger pots.

Am thinking of up potting the Thai Chi in the next days, since I assume she won't be that vigorous + stretchy. To give her kind of a head start...

Sounds like a good plan.
I'd probably do much the same with these cultivars indoors.
Are you hoping for a male NC or you just want more flowers?
I'll beseech the ganja goddess for you!

Hasch

learning and laughing
Are you hoping for a male NC or you just want more flowers?
I'm kind of on the fence on that one. The closet space is 96 x 55 cm, so I think 3 stretchy satives + the Thai Chi would be enough jungle for me to tame (botrytis...). And my first pollen chucking seemed enticing.

But then again in my head I've already lined up the seeds for the next 1.5 runs. And to see two female pheno types of NC would be very interesting.

So please beseech the ganja goddesses and the whole Hindu pantheon for the best next step in my spiritual evolution. Be it breeding or jungle taming 🙏🏼

Maria Sanchez

I'm kind of on the fence on that one. The closet space is 96 x 55 cm, so I think 3 stretchy satives + the Thai Chi would be enough jungle for me to tame (botrytis...). And my first pollen chucking seemed enticing.

But then again in my head I've already lined up the seeds for the next 1.5 runs. And to see two female pheno types of NC would be very interesting.

So please beseech the ganja goddesses and the whole Hindu pantheon for the best next step in my spiritual evolution. Be it breeding or jungle taming 🙏🏼

Namo vijayāyai!

Your first pollen chuck? Cool!
I'm assuming you've done some reading, but can't go past Robert Clarke's Marijuana Botany for a solid foundation.

Maria Sanchez

Thanks for the tip!
Iwill look where to get the Clarke's Marijuana Botany

Have only been reading along on icmag when people like you talk about collecting pollen etc.

So if I may, I'll ask you about some details later on...
There are a few versions of Clarke online, but most don't have the cool pics of the original book.
It's pretty old now, but he knows what he's talking about, and instructions are practical and clear.
Plenty of people far more experienced than I, but always happy to help out where I can.

Eltitoguay

Hola HC!
I'm not in Mexico, nor have I ever visited Mexico.
It's my user name, isn't it?
Everyone thinks I'm in Mexico, or Colombia maybe, around here.
Hint: it's not my real name!
Though my real (European language) name probably wouldn't give a different impression, either, hahahahaahaa!
Well, "María Sánchez" is also in a European language...

Last edited:

Maria Sanchez

Well, "María Sánchez" is also in a European language...
Hola!

Sorry, I didn't phrase that very well to express myself.
Let me try again!
"María Sánchez" is definitely a European name, from my abuela, who was born in Spain.

I have had lots of people here and on other fora think I'm Colombian, Mexican, or from Florida or some other southern states, and only person think I was from Spain. And someone who thought I was British!

I have two "real" names, one is in a European language (part English and part Spanish), and the other one is not a European language at all.
When I said "my real (European language) name" I meant as opposed to "my real (non-European language) name," not as opposed to "Maria."
So even if I used my real European name, people will still probably think I'm from a Spanish speaking country.

But I am not.

Due to various circumstances of my family I'm not very in touch with my Spanish heritage, which is a pity and to my regret.
But I appreciate meeting a few Spanish speakers on the fora -- like you!!