What's new

Marc Emery Extradited to USA and Sentenced

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JackTheGrower

I have sid this before and now is a good time. Marc has made his place in Cannabis history.

I hope he is freed or his time short.

Marc gave us a spokesman. He showed us we could have T.V. shows about Cannabis and now look we have a diversity of publications including Cannabis Planet T.V. show

The Cat is Out of the Hat and Marc is a hero for it.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
one shitty truth that has kind of been over looked is,marc emery is a old grower from van who made millions in this game, regardless of anything else when u play the game, and win for so long making millions it seems that you are bound to be taxed one day.

In my eyes he is a smart guy and seen this comming, he wanted to be maryter'd
for the "cause".
call it what u will! just the facts of life.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
He did pay taxes he made sure of that lol lol..

He did pay taxes he made sure of that lol lol..

one shitty truth that has kind of been over looked is,marc emery is a old grower from van who made millions in this game, regardless of anything else when u play the game, and win for so long making millions it seems that you are bound to be taxed one day.

In my eyes he is a smart guy and seen this comming, he wanted to be maryter'd
for the "cause".
call it what u will! just the facts of life.

Can't say I know the whole story but I do know he did pay the taxes whether or not it was to the right ppl is another story but yeah he paid the taxes.. They still came after him so the story is fucked up as they want his assets just like they do in the USA. That really sucks and I wouldn't give it to them either why the hell should he?? WTF is that about?? What gives them the right to take your shit for bud or seeds? Answer me that? peace out Headband707:)

G

Green Supreme

Dude if you can prove that guy even had one grow where he was a grower I will be very surprised. Bet ya heard that one from someone else huh and didn't see it for your self lol. Keep spreading the "Myths" fellas, he'll be a legend bugger than ya ever wanted. Peace GS

bromhexine

well yeah peple asume he must have been growing to receive a penalty like that! this was just for SEEDS! sold in the open for years and years with the canadian government saying nothing and taking his tax dollars

teemu shalanie

Veteran
Can't say I know the whole story but I do know he did pay the taxes whether or not it was to the right ppl is another story but yeah he paid the taxes.. They still came after him so the story is fucked up as they want his assets just like they do in the USA. That really sucks and I wouldn't give it to them either why the hell should he?? WTF is that about?? What gives them the right to take your shit for bud or seeds? Answer me that? peace out Headband707:)

yo headband i know it is a shit reality but they have the power and that means they dictate what right is, just like how they raid med-marijuana dispensarys when med-marijuana is legal.

teemu shalanie

Veteran
Dude if you can prove that guy even had one grow where he was a grower I will be very surprised. Bet ya heard that one from someone else huh and didn't see it for your self lol. Keep spreading the "Myths" fellas, he'll be a legend bugger than ya ever wanted. Peace GS

sorry gs i meant he bankrolled a bunch and yeah i heard that, but from a source that would know. Not really my point to argue over did he or didnt he, (just that play with the bull, get the horns) and that shit is all in the game.

real ting

I'm not sure why there is even an argument going here LOL seriously ppl lol it's BOTH SIDES did this shit .. YOU want to look at ppl to blame you can blame both of them lol. They are in bed with eachother and have been for along time so take a chill pill on casting blame here. Emery had NO FRIENDS in the Canadian Gov. atleast not enough to keep him here plan and simple..(they are still trying) The fact that they can get away with ignoring the science and going after Marc and now if you look they are going to town going after the Compassion clubs in Montreal and Quebec. Is somthing wrong here you bet it there but fighting whether or not it's the USA's fault or Canada's lol
Stick with fighting the DEA not eachother lol peace out Headband707

you got the right idea.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran

You always seem to shoot back at any comment that you don't like.

But seeings you opened the door to whether or not comments are true, answer this one. Emery stated that he donated millions to help legalization, but when asked who these donations went to he avoided saying who he gave them to. He did say he donated a lot to NORML, but they have no records of these donations. What's your take on that as you seem the Emery expert?

Don't want to be spreading the "myths" now do we fellas?

Not everyone feels the way about Marc Emery that you do. I don't think he should be in jail for this, just as I don't think anyone should be. But along with a lot of other people I don't see him as the person you see him as. I'll keep those reasons to myself though.... But I will say that had he taken a more professional approach he would have accomplished a lot more and might not be where he is now. But I guess that's for another thread.

Last edited:
G

Green Supreme

I never said he had never done wrong. Who's perfect? Just pointing out things I know are not true. Now I know little of donations directly to NORML, but many have received legal aid from his pockets. I wonder whee they are now. To be truthful I see the man as that, a man flawed like anyone, but all this bs about growing and stuff is just that. He claims he would never buy pot if he could just grow it. I had little respect for the fellow too because of his ego, but through spending 1000's of hours on the potblock over the years I see things differently. His business supports a lot of good hard working folks. These folks are the driving force behind the cannabis movement in Canada and would not have the time to donate to such a cause without him. Funny to me when folks can make suggestions on how woulda, coulda,shoulda. Like him or not he and cannabis are getting the attention of his goals. Fight on brothers and sisters. Peace GS

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
But I will say that had he taken a more professional approach he would have accomplished a lot more and might not be where he is now. But I guess that's for another thread.

lol... yeah, smoking bongs in front of the cop shops and heckling the head of the DEA at a drug warrior conference probably weren't the best ideas the fella came up with. Gotta admit though, dude must have balls bouncing off his ankles. I can get to be one fired up angry prick when it comes to talking about this stuff, but I wouldn't even dream of pulling some of the shit he has.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Marc did what we all wanted to do !!!!and still do!!!

Marc did what we all wanted to do !!!!and still do!!!

I wouldn't go so far as calling Marc a hero LOL.. but he did do what we all want and still want to do which is a big" FUCK YOU" to both our GOVERNMENTS for the hypocritical treatment of cannabis around the world. They have turned this into a Circus and we are all smart enough to see that somthing is very wrong here.NO ONE ever really stands up unless it's them that is getting in trouble.. this is the sad fact of the pot world.. fear of getting caught thinking the other guy is getting this and on and on. The sad fact is that if we don't stop these guys from doing this it really could be you next.. If there is one thing I have learned about these boys is they just don't play fair and they don't care about Cancer or the sick and dying or truth or any of the things in life that really matter. To these guys it's just a job and they are in it to win .. So to them you are scum... don't forget this ppl.. peace out Headband707:wave:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't go so far as calling Marc a hero LOL.. but he did do what we all want and still want to do which is a big" FUCK YOU" to both our GOVERNMENTS for the hypocritical treatment of cannabis around the world. They have turned this into a Circus and we are all smart enough to see that somthing is very wrong here.NO ONE ever really stands up unless it's them that is getting in trouble.. this is the sad fact of the pot world.. fear of getting caught thinking the other guy is getting this and on and on. The sad fact is that if we don't stop these guys from doing this it really could be you next.. If there is one thing I have learned about these boys is they just don't play fair and they don't care about Cancer or the sick and dying or truth or any of the things in life that really matter. To these guys it's just a job and they are in it to win .. So to them you are scum... don't forget this ppl.. peace out Headband707:wave:

But is a "big fuck you" to both Governments going to get anything done? The answers no.

If you wanted to get a zoning permit in your Village would you go in front of the Zoning board telling them "fuck you"? Of coarse you wouldn't. You've now pissed them off and made things worse. No matter how good your ideas, they are going to fight you because now they personally hate you. It gets you no where.

That's how I see Emery. And this is just my opinion and not the opinion of the owner of this site. You're not going to go forward in a positive manner by blowing smoke in a cops face, giving minors joints or taunting the head of the DEA with how much money you make or how powerful you are, all the while making fun of her.

And for those of you that think Emery was a positive influence, look at where Canada stands now compared to 10 years ago. Am I wrong that things are worse? Now I know you're all going to blame the big bad US Government for this. But before you say that you better look where the US is right now. We have 13 States with med laws, along with many other that have decriminilized. We also have a President that has allowed the States to determine how they handle it and in November California may become the first State to legalize completely. Now I'm sorry, but to me that's progress.

And do any of you think that we would have come this far had we had a self proclaimed leader blowing smoke in cops faces? Or would it have happened if we had a self proclaimed leader giving joints to kids or bragging how many millions he had made. Of coarse we wouldn't have. We accomplished this by respectfully going to senators and congressman with proof of the good qualities of marijuana. And they put these issues to the floors and after many years we gathered the support to get these laws passed. Had we pissed these people off, even if it were for the betterment of people, they would have shot it down because they would have looked at it personally, instead of professionally.

The Canadians may be surprised at what direction things go in their Country now. Now your officials can look at things and make decisions based on facts and not anger of not liking someone. It makes a big difference how things are presented to people in whether ot not you get a law passed. And I really hope things go in a positive direction for Canada now...........

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A)if a school bully pushes a kid down at school and takes his lunch money day after day, and the kid dont do shit about it, day after day...who is more to blame? the bully or the pussy? both governments made silly, vindictive, selfish, idiotic decisions that we should ALL be embarassed about.
EDIT:yes the u.s. govt makes more of these than most govt's, but that is not the point
B)we in the movement are all a bit better off because of things marc has done...certainly some of what he did could be considered heroic when taking into account possible repercussions for those actions, but he did some stupid ass embarassing things too....overall, i think he has done much more good than harm and i wish him nothing but the best.
C) i personally wish people who are not from the states would draw a distinction between the u.s. government and the u.s. people.....i dont blame the canadian PEOPLE for bowing down to the u.s. government, i blame the canadian govt for not telling the bush regime to suck a dik. remember, when the CITIZENS of the u.s. overgrow our own government and FORCE them to give us our freedom we will also be opening the door to other countries our govt has influence over to do the same thing....of course when that happens people will still bitch about the fact it took us so long to get it done.

G

Green Supreme

But before you say that you better look where the US is right now. We have 13 States with med laws, along with many other that have decriminilized. We also have a President that has allowed the States to determine how they handle it and in November California may become the first State to legalize completely.

Making you not just bullies, but hypocrites. Peace GS

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not a hypocrite. I had nothing to do with the Emery situation. The Canadian and US Governments did.

With all the advances the US has had regarding legalizing, do you think the Canadian Govt may have had as much to do with the US charging Emery as the US did?

We keep hearing all these comments about Canada bowing down to the US, but does anyone have any proof of these alleged "bowing downs"? I've been involved in many incidents involving Canadian officials and I can tell you from their own words that they don't bow down to the US in anything..... And they make that very clear.

I could be wrong, but I've said from the very beginning that Canada was involved in this whole charade. And them just "handing him over" does nothing but reinforce these thoughts.

But for the record, I'm an American and I say send him home..........

G

Green Supreme

Check out the 71 Le Dain commission report. We were about to legalize till US stepped in. Also the John Walters dinner {Part of the subject of this thread }coincided with our next attempt and it was him here to step on it. Funny this was about governments and not the peoples view, yet in your last post you seem to have taken something personally "I'm not a hypocrite. I had nothing to do with the Emery situation. The Canadian and US Governments did.". Peace GS

ps. what's Gypsy thinkin now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts