What's new

Marc Emery Extradited to USA and Sentenced

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
If they were to legalize mj it would put leo, dea, atf, border patrol, coast gaurd, lawyers, judges, baliffs, screws, staffs etc all out of a job so what do they do they fucking throw us on the cross like the are doing to Marc Emery and driving rusty stakes deep in his hands and feet :no:

Like the saying goes as long as theirs thieves their will be prisons.

You can smoke a regular Cigarette which has more toxic chemicals in each one that kills a person with cancer and the Cigarettes companies rub elbows with goverment but mj never killed a person from smoking the plant and they call it an illegal drug > If this isn't fucked up I don't know what Is.

Pot prince gets 5 years in U.S. prison

@import url("http://blstc.msn.com/br/csl/css/38742CDE2D315FB67F7A0AF2CBE04B3B/fbutility.css");
SEATTLE - Canada's flamboyant Prince of Pot has been sentenced in a U.S. court to five years in prison for being one of the largest marijuana seed suppliers in America.
U.S. Attorney Jenny Durkan told the court Marc Emery made millions of dollars by shipping seeds into the United States and now he's paying the price for being part of the illegal drug trade.
"Marc Emery decided that U.S. laws did not apply to him, but he was wrong," Durkan said in a news release Friday.
"Emery put his personal profits above the law. . . He sold to anyone who would pay him — with no regard for the age or criminal activities of his customers.
"Now, Emery is paying the price for being part of the illegal drug trade that damages lives, homes and the environment."
When U.S. District Court Judge Ricardo Martinez sentenced Emery in Seattle on Friday, he told him there was no question his actions were criminal and that Emery ensured others broke the law by selling them the seeds.
Emery was indicted in 2005, but it wasn't until May of this year that he was extradited from Canada and left for Washington state after a plea agreement.
His lawyer arranged the five-year sentence on the charge of conspiracy to manufacture marijuana.
Emery's wife, Jodie Emery, said in an interview that her husband is holding up, but his fight is not over.
She said right after court adjourned on Friday, his lawyer went to the Canadian consulate in Seattle to submit the paperwork to have Emery transferred back to Canada to serve his sentence here.
The arrangement requires the consent from Public Safety Minister Vic Toews and Jodie Emery conceded she's not hopeful the Tory government will act quickly.
"I am not very optimistic just judging by the track record of this government," she said in an interview.
"They have been neglecting and refusing the applications from Canadians abroad ever since they came into power and they certainly don't care for marijuana or marijuana drug law reform. So they haven't really expressed any interest in helping Marc."
The court noted that Emery claimed on his website to have made about $3 million a year for selling about four million seeds over the years from his Vancouver headquarters.
In his letter to the Seattle court, Emery said he "arrogantly violated U.S. law" and said he regrets he did not use legal methods to support his beliefs.
Last year, two employees of Emery Seeds were sentenced in Seattle to two years of probation for conspiracy to manufacture marijuana.
Michele Leonhart, a spokeswoman for the Drug Enforcement Administration, said Emery didn't consider whether his actions harmed families or led to violence.
"Due to the extraordinary co-operation between Canadian and U.S. law enforcement, Emery's conspiracy was shattered and he is now a convicted felon," she said.

OvergrowingKiwi

"Now, Emery is paying the price for being part of the illegal drug trade that damages lives, homes and the environment."

Yeah seeds are so friggen bad for the environment.....

Attorney Jenny Durkan can suck my balls

David762

Yet another political persecution, over a harmless plant.

Yet another political persecution, over a harmless plant.

Yeah seeds are so friggen bad for the environment.....

Attorney Jenny Durkan can suck my balls

The Feds and DEA went after Marc Emery ONLY because he was also a strong public voice opposed to prohibition, who also funded public opposition to current laws against cannabis. He is a political prisoner arrested in Canada for something which is not even a crime in Canada.

The Canadian government has shown abject cowardice in turning Marc over to USA officials. So much for President Obama's campaign promise to make policy decisions based upon science, instead of pseudo-religious calvanistic dogma. The largest portion of Obama's Justice Dept. and DEA admin. are comprised of GW Bush crony hold-overs, just like the rest of the Obama administration.

The USA Green Party did an assessment of differences between the GW Bush administration and the Obama administration, and found no significant differences between major policy objectives:
< http://www,therealdifference.org/issues.html >

maryj315

If you would like to participate in illegal activity's it would be well-advised not to go on MTV and incite individuals that may cast your ass in confinement.

Mj

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Marc Emery gets 5 Years

Marc Emery gets 5 Years

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39109058/ns/us_news/

Canada's 'Prince of Pot' sentenced to 5 years

SEATTLE — Canada's so-called Prince of Pot, who sold millions of marijuana seeds to U.S. customers before his 2005 arrest, has been sentenced to five years in prison after earlier pleading guilty to a drug charge.

At his sentencing Friday in U.S. District Court in Seattle, Marc Emery told the court that he "arrogantly violated U.S. law."

Extradited from Vancouver, British Columbia, in May, the 52-year-old pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to manufacture marijuana.

On his website, Emery claimed to have made about $3 million a year selling seeds and to have sold more than four million seeds over the years.

U.S. Attorney Jenny Durkan says Emery "sold to anyone who would pay him — with no regard for the age or criminal activities of his customers."

Keep your head up, Marc.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yeah I read his statement looks like they broke the man! NOT LOL..

I would say anyone that partakes in anything to do with cannabis or the evil seed should be..?????....... OH I don't know it sooooo evil let me think ..... or let me let the Gov. decide for me...... yes lets do that till they make it legal and make lots of money off of it for themselves ,YES lets do that... LOL .. fucking DEA ,FEDS Gov. and all other slimballs that think we aren't watching them FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!! and the horse you rode in on. We all see you and your slimmy ways and think your full of shit! peace out Headband707

I

InvisibleEmpire

Under most circumstances I'd say this is sad news...

But Marc Emery has a very clear history of ripping people off and charging $3, 400 for a 10 pack of seeds when other vendors were charging $40.

Rip people off for years and roll in the money while having sex with a 15 year old girl (molestation)...you deserve jail time, prick.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Anyone who would pay $3400.00 for 10 seeds LOL,, need I say more LOL>>> was that you? As far as the 15year old girls I don't know I wasn't there YOU? LOL peace out Headband707

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
A lot of people here have seen his actions first hand...oh I guess you also know he insulted everyone on this site and thinks we're all stupid? You're going to here more than one person have the opposite view of him then you do....it's allowed...not everyone thinks he's wonderful...

I

InvisibleEmpire

Anyone who would pay $3400.00 for 10 seeds LOL,, need I say more LOL>>> was that you? As far as the 15year old girls I don't know I wasn't there YOU? LOL peace out Headband707

Let me clarify..

$300 or $400, not 3,400.

No, I'm not a moron like some.

And yes, I witnessed him outright discuss Jodie when she was 15 or 16, either way way under 18 years old..there was a big problem with it on various forums and it was swept under the rug by emery until she became of age.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Okay well then let me clarify $300 or $400 for seeds are you shitting me how many ppl are charging that for seeds now and have been for years ?? WTF? As far as Jodie like I give a fuck...get a life.
As far as defending Marc I defend anyone who is being pursecuted for cannabis or seeds . I'm the first to admit the Marc has a big mouth and in goes his foot most of the time with the prince of pot BS. But this bending to the laws of the USA/DEA BS ."I have done something wrong and for this I am sorry BULLSHIT" This is the shit that pisses me off and this I will not believe in or defend or bend to. I might not like Marc but I do believe in what he has done and that is the bottom line. If no one else will stand up then so be it at least he had the balls big mouth and all. Peace out Headband707

Last edited:

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Sure....just don't kid yourself that he also didn't have anything to do with Canada going backwards in our efforts, in part because of him. He really hurt not helped a lot of people...

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Sure....just don't kid yourself that he also didn't have anything to do with Canada going backwards in our efforts, in part because of him. He really hurt not helped a lot of people...

You have said that a couple of times perhaps you could explain exactly what you mean when you say hurt? Unless your talking about the fact that they are going after all the ppl he has sold seeds too? Not getting your meaning? peace out Headband707

Yeah, it was on the local news here yesterday. I think they only reason he got 5 years is because he pissed off the DEA so much. Washington is usually pretty easy on growers. (I say growers because selling seeds is like supplying the needs of growers, not very often are seed sellers busted in Washington)

Status
Not open for further replies.