What's new

Marc Emery Apologizes: Emery Says he Lied in 2009 About Smoking with Trudeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
maybe he thought relying on the laws about seed sales, of the country he was living in was good enough to not need a lawyer? it seems it's only a fine able offense over there.

what ever his negative attributes, i don't know much of his personal business relationships, in the end putting him in jail the sneaky way they did was unjust.

edited the above to correct factual errors on my part. even if the basic concept still applies.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
It was the Americans that got him busted, he broke American laws and profited from his actions. The laws existed in Canada but were not enforced much until Marc was interviewed in the Wall Street Journal bragging about all the profit from seed sales to the USA. It was not sneaky, I expected it to happen, Marc was a fool to not see it coming.
-SamS

maybe he thought relying on the laws about seed sales, of the country he was living in was good enough to not need a lawyer? it seems it's only a fine able offense over there.

what ever his negative attributes, i don't know much of his personal business relationships, in the end putting him in jail the sneaky way they did was unjust.

edited the above to correct factual errors on my part. even if the basic concept still applies.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
It was the Americans that got him busted......-SamS

That's marc's karmic revenge for ripping off American growers to fund his movement and then threatening to turn 'em in if they didn't stop blabbing about it!;)

Here's his post from 2001:

Marc Scott EmeryAdministrator
Prince of Pot

Reged: Aug 19
Loc: The Vancouver area of beautiful supernatural British Columbia, Canada

Re: Marc cuaght in avalanche?? news at 11...
#120775 - Tue Apr 24 2001 06:20 PM
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

First of all, we are not losing customers at all. We have never had so much interest in the seeds we sell. Any problems experienced can be dealt with if the complainants stay polite, but once they become abusive or begin posting heated, crazed rhetoric, then we terminate any interest in dealing with that person. I find this abusive behaviour unfathomable considering we have their address and pertinent details of what they are doing but somehow feel they can abuse us and provoke us. I wouldn't be doing that to anyone I had sent written proof to that I was growing marijuana/requesting marijuana seeds.

Fortunately, we have never had to resort to dealing severly with miscreants who don't understand their self-incrimination.

Marc Emery - Moderator

:tiphat:

bigbag

Veteran
I don't understand this, he didn't have a lawyer ? last time I checked Kirk Tousaw was his lawyer at that time...? if the DEA is calling you one of their most wanted drug kingpins, what's a lawyer going to do for you ?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's marc's karmic revenge for ripping off American growers to fund his movement and then threatening to turn 'em in if they didn't stop blabbing about it!;)

Here's his post from 2001:

Marc Scott EmeryAdministrator
Prince of Pot

Reged: Aug 19
Loc: The Vancouver area of beautiful supernatural British Columbia, Canada

Re: Marc cuaght in avalanche?? news at 11...
#120775 - Tue Apr 24 2001 06:20 PM
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

First of all, we are not losing customers at all. We have never had so much interest in the seeds we sell. Any problems experienced can be dealt with if the complainants stay polite, but once they become abusive or begin posting heated, crazed rhetoric, then we terminate any interest in dealing with that person. I find this abusive behaviour unfathomable considering we have their address and pertinent details of what they are doing but somehow feel they can abuse us and provoke us. I wouldn't be doing that to anyone I had sent written proof to that I was growing marijuana/requesting marijuana seeds.

Fortunately, we have never had to resort to dealing severly with miscreants who don't understand their self-incrimination.

Marc Emery - Moderator

:tiphat:

Double wow. I'm sorry I'm totally ignorant to what's going on here. I was under the impression this was good guy, a Canadian seed seller that was grabbed by the US and in a US prison. After reading that small exerpt I'm somewhat mystified now. Does anyone have a link to whatever thread that came from please?

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
That threat is enough for Me to call Mark, a FUCKING SNITCH!!!

NOTHING justifies being a RAT, or even the threat of being a RAT!!!

Any good deeds goes out the window, THE SECOND He even uttered Such thoughts.

EVERY one of Us knows that what we are doing has risks, and any Punk that can find a way to justify SNITCHING, because Your all ASSHURT over some one calling YOU out on Shitty Biz. practices,,,,, Well, I hope He rotts in HELL!!!

Every one of His customers in the USA, were breaking the Law.
If He thought a threat was justifiable. then isn't that something to consider?

I know of His activism, and once You threaten to turn SNITCH,,, IT DONT MATTER
what You have done in the past.

Hate on Me if YA want,,, I am entitled to My opinion.

Peace; 1TT

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
It was the Americans that got him busted, he broke American laws and profited from his actions. The laws existed in Canada but were not enforced much until Marc was interviewed in the Wall Street Journal bragging about all the profit from seed sales to the USA. It was not sneaky, I expected it to happen, Marc was a fool to not see it coming.
-SamS

there is no doubt that he made his own bed. i'm no expert on his story, but i know he managed to get on the wrong side of most folks in the industry. also as you mentioned, he made himself a target with his confrontational way. not trying to white wash him, but i do feel jail for selling seeds is nuts and hope he gets out of there asap. no victimless crime deserves punishing with prison.

if he really had breeder packs grown out and new seeds made to sell as the original breeder pack, thats fraudulent in the extreme. that is no longer a victimless crime imo.

mack 10

Veteran
^yeah if he really did that, wow what a low life...but jail for selling seeds is just too extreme.
Peace out.
mack.

Chillb

I was out of the scene when Emery went down, but it all makes sense now as to why my old grow partner was so paranoid back then. He had ordered from him a few times and was worried to no end, he even went as far as to destroy all of his seeds during this time, doh! Oh Emery, the tangled webs we weave ... it's a damn shame.

I appreciate what the man did for the movement, but not how he did it at all. I am learning a lot of this now, and wonder what Northern Lights #5 he actually used... what a mess, what happened to honesty and integrity? LOL

Peace,
chillb

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
I agree NO ONE needs to be jailed for selling seeds, or any Mj, product, as long as it is not connected to organized crime, like the Mexican Mafia.

In My world snitches don't do so well.
and they aren't dealt with by LEO, but the ones they have betrayed.
Just as it should be.

RULE #1,,,, DONT TALK!!!!!!!! for ANY REASON!!!!!!
Handle Your Own BIZZ.

PEACE; TWISTED

floralheart

Veteran
And who says he didn't snitch for a reduced sentence? Just saying. The only person who knows is Marc, his wife and the lawyers/prosecutor.

It's possible they could have sent him there for the rest of his life, but he's out in 2014.

Green Supreme

Veteran
Gaius and Mack did companies like Prairie Fire and Willie Jack not do the same thing. Was it ok when they did it? Peace GS

ps. almost no one in the seed industry takes some one else's product and reproduces it for cash, teehee

Green Supreme

Veteran
And who says he didn't snitch for a reduced sentence? Just saying. The only person who knows is Marc, his wife and the lawyers/prosecutor.

It's possible they could have sent him there for the rest of his life, but he's out in 2014.

Speculation is such a useful tool, was what I was saying. Thanks for proving my point. Peace GS

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Speculation is such a useful tool, was what I was saying. Thanks for proving my point. Peace GS

And You know the truth???

My Asshole Govment were talking Drug Kingpin, Drug Traficker, the Poss. Death penalty.
I think speculation is in order.
Once You threaten some one with Ratting them out, ALL speculations ARE fair.
I am not saying He actually did, but it is fair to question it.

And what I know of willy jacks stuff,,, well it was My understanding
That his gear was F2's, don't know bout P.F., but any one who F2's seeds and sells them as their Own work is a DIRTBAG!

It sure as hell happens, cause that is what $$$$$ does to WEAK SHIFTLESS Folks, and that don't make doing it OK, because the Cat doing it is held in high regard, elsewhere.

Peace;1TT

bigbag

Veteran
Emery sold many a knock off, but many were as GS said, known F2's under a Canadian seed co heading. hell, the BCSC was according to them "the first seed co in north america" and most of their stock was Sensi knocks and old nor cal stuff. I don't believe he sold locally made F2's of Sensi or Sagarmatha for example and sold them in breeders packs. most emery seeds came in corrugated plastic with felt pen scribble. the knocking off of genetics and profiteering is still very alive and well...how many "Critical" strains are in Europe ? not to mention, quality Dutch genetics were $$$ back then and to have made available F2's in the $5 a seed price point was very enticing to many folks on a budget

Green Supreme

Veteran
"And You know the truth???"

Do you really care if I do? You seem to have made your mind up already.

Just saying speculating out loud does not make you right. I think those that do it, care little about right or wrong, just guessing. They do however want their guess to be right.

I think that if any of our lives were put under a microscope, as you folks have done with Marc, you would find we all have moments for which we are not proud. Just easier to point the finger at others, than make up for our own. Peace GS

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
just because other might practice fraud, doesn't make it ok.

screw anyone who takes a breeders work and just makes f2 to then sell as the original. sell it as f2's and it's a different story, even if it's no exactly breeding. so sure none of us can probably say we never did anything that we regret doing. but running a business on such a basis is different then a one time karmic mistake.

if that post where he implies the ability to use someones seed order against them is a true copy, it looks very bad imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts