Maple Leaf Garden - 2008

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Post Mothers Day

Post Mothers Day

:wave:

NZjay - Thanks eh :smile:
:laughing: @ Brothers in shoulders. Funny shit.
Ouch! :nono: My shoulder problem doesn't seem that bad after hearing about yours. Couldn't imagine having to pay for a necessary operation either.
My problem is purely muscular ( I think) but sometimes the pain is unbearable. I'm hoping the doc recommends massage therapy next visit.
I guess we'll just hafta rely on the kind medication to help us deal with the pain
8378smiley-weed.gif

bpb - Thanks! :smile:
So far, although still fresh I can smell the dominance of the StrawD :yummy: Yet it's not quite as deisel like as the TW X StrawD cross from same genes by Somoz. The Goober has a little more of a sweet floral and fruitiness about it.
I almost can't wait to get into a daily routine with it and taste her finely cured
8378smiley-drool1.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________
Post Mothers Day

I hope everyone had a great mothers day. A great way to honour mothers everywhere.
No better way to celebrate the end of a busy weekend than with a nice update :lurk:
It didn't seem to take long since after the last harvest that I'd be getting some budshots up. It's the kind of turn around I was expecting...and since my move out to the cab in the garage everything just seems to be working out my way with minimal effort anymore :ying:

We'll go by age this update:

Mumbles *** We have established this plant is not officially Mumbles, it was a seed mix up and is a Heavenly Hash ***
7622Mumbles_Day_11_Flower.jpg

^ Seems to be a tad more stretchy with warmer temps. She's already keeping up with the others in height...I will have to try and slow her down now. For those keeping up on reading my thread this will now be known as Heavenly Hash

Goober (Afgooey x StrawD)
7622Goober_Day_19_Flower.jpg

^ I've been applying the "supercropping" method to her (bruising stems) to try and keep the stretch down. I must admit it is keeping the nodes tighter towards the top, but she still seems to be stretching out daily somehow :pointlaug I still have a few more inches for her, I really don't wanna hafta employ bondage techniques.
I'm just loving this plant though :canabis:

7622Goober_Day_19_Flower-1.jpg

White Widow
7622WW_Day_26_Flower.jpg

^ This plant seems to be going through it's stages quickly. I love seeing one of my plants so progressed after just having harvested my last :woohoo: They're progressing so much faster in the warmer weather also. It's nice to know that this plant should be all finished before or just as summer heat sets in.

7622WW_Day_26_Flower-1.jpg

7622WW_Day_26_Flower-2.jpg

Don't stare at the bulb
7622Dont_stare_at_the_bulb.jpg

^ Heavenly Hash (Formerly known as Mumbles) --- White Widow ----- Goober
As you can see they're all keeping an even canopy now, I think WW will be left behind over the next week.

Light Failure! :no:
7622Light_failure_veg_zone.jpg

^ Well...both of my 125W CFL's are dead :badday: but that's ok...I prefer the results from the 42W and 23W bulbs anyhow and they last much longer. I'll need to go pick up some more CFL bulbs as I'm only running the single 42W right now and it's a couple of years old.
There's a look at the clones ready for next round. There are 2 WW's and 2 Goobers. The Heavenly Hash mom is there and I'm currently trying to find a place to guerilla her.

whew! That was alot to get through...I hope you all enjoyed :smile:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Wow that WW is growing fast bro.

They all look so huge! They could easily double as hedges outside.

Nice update man, sucks about the big bulbs, Mine is still kicking

TML16 said:

Don't stare at the bulb
7622Dont_stare_at_the_bulb.jpg

^ Heavenly Hash (Formerly known as Mumbles) --- White Widow ----- Goober
As you can see they're all keeping an even canopy now, I think WW will be left behind over the next week.

Arrgggn, im blinded!':D just joking man:nanana:

7622WW_Day_26_Flower.jpg

that WW looks goooooddd :yummy:

Good luck with the HH guerilla!
I'll be :lurk:
:wave:, Low

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran

Dr Dog - Thanks bro :smile:
I agree, WW is looking to be ready in 30-40days from now and I am very excited about that because I've barely even touched the current harvest yet.
They are decently big plants...I only have so much space, I want to use it all.
Bulbs aren't that bad of a deal. I found out I never ended up paying for them anyways :confused: Some mix up on e-bay, paypal, and the seller.

HL - Thanks bro :smile:
That's why I wear sunglasses to open the cab :cool:
I still havn't any ideas where to throw down the HH :chin: I hope I find somewhere though :ying:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It all looks tip top TML, you're doing an excellent job keeping them all uniform height too. :wave:

bpb

very nice man they are coming along nicely

i bet you cant waite for the smoke tests because heck i cant waite for you to tell me about it lol

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran

Sammet - Thanks! Always great to have you by :smile:
I hope they can stay in uniformity, but the SrawD crosses are real stretchers and it seems Heavenly Hash just needed a little warmth as encouragement to want to stretch now as well :confused:

Black Ra1n - Thanks!
I was not at all disapointed with the Widow. It's worth all the hype it's always got. Now that I know the taste and smell, I recognize it from so much more :yummy:
You're new room looks great bro! :D

bpb - :laughing: I have been taking small taste testers here and then. WW is just about ready to be toked :joint:
Glad we can keep you around the garden :smile:

Trying to keep the updates a little bit spread. Don't want too many pics of the same plants taking up space in the gallery. It won't be long though I'll find something to update about :lurk:

Till then...

N

NZjay

you would honestly think they were the same strains with how well you are keeping them even TML!
wow the pistols on the WW are long! cant wait to see that turn into solid bud!

keep it ticking over mate!

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
BOUGHT SOME WW LAST NIGHT FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO SMOKE. 1ST SACK I BOUGHT IN MONTHS 60 AN 8TH. DIDNT LOOK ANYWHERE AS CLOSE TO GOOD AS WHAT I LEARNED TO GROW<NOTTHISPARTICULARSACK> BUT IT DEFINATELY GETS ME STONED TO THE BONE. I JUST REMEMBER WW I USED TO BUY WAS SUPER TREES IN ALL AREAS, NOT LIKE THIS AT ALL. I WISH I HAD MY MONEY BACK AND I WOULD BUY WW SEEDS WITH IT LOL. TEACH THESE BOYS WHATS REAL. HAHA.
YOU LIKE THOSE LIL cflS 2.... I NEVER USED ANYTHING BIGGER THAN A 42W. NEVER SAW THE NEED IF USING CFL THEY ARE AWESOME. UR GIRLS SEEM TO BE COMING ALNG NICELY. KEEP IT UP AND ENJOY THE WW

bpb

thats cool man

cant waite to see how they will be a few weeks from now hell they already look nice but cant waite to see them shine

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran

NZjay - Thanks man :smile:
You know our beloved plant, they just grow into the environment provided :canabis: It's always a very adaptable plant.
It'd be great to get them perfectly timed to have a harvest every few weeks :ying:

Sir - Thanks dude :smile:
Yeah, after smoking your own, commercially grown weed (even the kind stuff) still won't hold up against. For guys like us...seeds are always the logical buy
8378smiley-weed.gif

I'm back to the retail CFL's now. I found that cheap deal on those 125W's and that's exactly what I got...cheap. Multi-spectrum 42W and 23W's have always done a grand job before, might as well not mess with what works.
I'll be delving into alot of WW very soon! :rasta:

bpb - :smile: Thanks
I agree, they're coming along quick enough for me to already be excited :woohoo:
I'll bring some pix soon :lurk:

Thanks for the replies to my pic-less thread at the moment...I'll try and get something up soon :wave:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
quick he said....they are already budding up....where did you hide them ...lol..
i see the tipping methode is used again...very nice!
i'll be around for some pics :D

N

NZjay

is tipping FIMing?....

if so, dammit. i just did the last FIMing on my girls lastnight, and wont be doing anymore this run.
coulda showed ya step by step Sir. :(

maybe ill do one more just for you :D

..if its even the same thing.. hahah. never heard it called "tipping" before.. so might not be the same thing anyway... hehhe

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tipping is like NST - no stress training. You tip the pot over at an angle and the plant grows upwards. When the pot is then straightened the plant is leaning over.

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran

Core - Thanks bro :smile:
First off I have to say...the WW is a real winner :yes: Thank you...I've been looking for this bud for awhile and didn't even know it :rasta:
Tipping really worked to my advantage last round, and the way my cab is designed it seems to be a solution to keeping away unwanted popcorn buds and packing up big, long colas :yummy:
Looks like you've started a discussion now :biglaugh: I'll do my best to explain.

SirSmokalot -Tutorial in tipping...explained the best i can think of:
Tipping
Not to be confused with FIM (topping). Tipping goes after the lower growth to eliminate the "popcorn bud issue"
The main purpose of tipping is to generate more energies to the tops of the plants to form larger colas, rather than spreading unnessecary energies to lower buds.
method: Employed between 10-14 days of 12/12 just simply cut back any lower growth than the main colas back to their first node. As the plant fills in...it should now concentrate all its energies to growing a fabulous cola or colas.

^ I think this plant poses for the ideal example of benefits of having all energies directed to main cola with very little popcorn bud.
* This method may not be effective for every garden or gardener. Also some strains react to it better than others. It's not recommended that you grow over 4 cola plants either using this method.
Thanks to Core for the initial direction in the "Tipping" project :yes:

I hope that's enough of an explanation...if there are any qestions feel free to ask :smile:

NZjay - ^^ I hope that clears up the difference between "Tipping" and FIM (Topping)
These plants have been Topped, Tipped and supercropped now :yoinks:

Sammet - I'm not sure what they call that :chin:
I believe that's like sideways growing or something :confused:
I've yet to try that method yet though....never know what's coming in the future though :lurk:
Thanks for the input :smile:

I hope that clear up any concerns with Tipping gents. I'm sure Core or myself could answer any further questions on it if you need ask :smile:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
muchos gracias amigo. that was pretty simple. i get it fully now. i had an understanding, but i was slightly confused at 1st. basically... take all lower branches devoid of properlight and TOP the branches at the first node. leaving a stick with leaf set and nothing else. leave all tops alone. i usually take all the branch of undesirable lowers. i never tipped. i do know some stains i have that wouldnt like it, but i have others it would prob benifit. thanks again bro and core for popularizing da method. cheers

N

NZjay

yup that explains it, thanx TML. so, "tipping" would likley be a good technique for someone growing 2ft SOG then?.. just nice fat tops, with not alot of width to the plant?.. cheers man.

Sammet, thats funny, here about a few days ago, that very thought entered my head. tip my pots over and the plant will grow crooked.. and then i flower, put pot back to right angle.
i was gonna give it a go, coz ive never seen anyone do it.. but i decided on LST.
reasoning was even if i tip the pot, the plant is still growing straight into the light, and doesnt really help the flower branches until its level again.
where LST and supercropping can help get those lower branches/preflowers the light from as soon as you do it.
*shrug*

have you ever done it?...

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope I've never done it. Like you said it's not actually effective for anything other than showing plants grow against gravity and towards light unless you tie them before they revert back to normal.

TML - I didn't know that's what tipping meant, cheers for clearing that up.