What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Many Forest Gorillas vs Several Forest and Well Tended Plants

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
EF2 (strong for Canada) Tornado missed me. But not by much. I have friends who got nailed hard. Winds were horrific here. Going out to the plots today to check for damage.

One thing I noticed is that people don't respect a 4 way stop in a power outage. Motherfuckers should lose their car instead of a fine for that shit.

Phew! hope everything is OK!

caliprop215

Veteran
I call this my CCM-Casio Dry Trimmer. :laughing:
(20" CCM bike wheels & Casio keyboard stand.)

View Image
View Image

Capacity should be about 5 lbs.
Have a few modification to do over the winter. (proper stand, zippers, velcro, move the PVC to the outside, ...)

I have to motorize it, but I still have the chain and front sprocket so... Should be ready in a week or so.
Good idea.

To motorize it why dont u jb weld or weld that nut onto the axle. Get a drill and a socket on low speed and watch it spin.just a thot.then it would be "portable" if u have a battery powered drill. U can trim your guerillas lol

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
ouffff... you outdoor boys have balls of steel... not talking just security, but effort/crop ratio...

I have learnt lately even indoor crops are subject to nature... each time I came to see mine (outdoor) back I expect the dog/wind to have broken something in half, an eaten plant by grasshoppers or worse...

May Nature Bless the Adventurous with Generous Crops! :biggrin:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Plan for 25% harvest. Plan well and get close to 100%.

But sometimes mother nature puts the boots to you. There was a mouse plague this year. 7k per acre I'm told. I have 40 plant spots that were chopped as if a logging crew went through them. Plants were chewed 2-3 inches from the ground and were just laying there untouched after the chop. Next spring I'll feed them warfarin in the spring. See if that helps.

Other spots I ignored and are heavy producers.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
This spring I put a 4 week old Northern Lights seeding in with the tomato seedlings at the local garden center. It fit in perfectly. I even put a barcode sticker on it so it would scan as a tomato. :D I often wonder what happened to it.

A couple weeks ago I planted a couple seeds in a large planter in our office. Now there's a palm and a tiny pot plant growing in it. I'll see how long it lasts. Lol.

Overgrow mother fuckers! :)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Original Glue

picture.php

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like that attitude. Overgrow the world. More people should take action like that! Sorry to hear about the mouse plague! Thats pretty wild! No fence can keep them out! Maybe 1/4 inch wire mesh would work! Beautiful indica there! Whats original glue? Afghan dominant?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
edited:
Thanks pipeline. Just having some fun with it. As for the mice, in all honesty, my weed getting chomped is a first world problem. I have bigger ones. :) If I had kept the grass/weeds trimmed, it wouldn't have been so bad. Mice hate being in the open and will avoid it. Next year I'll make sure I trim a wide area instead of just the planting hole. I also started cutting my cages for next year. Cages are a must if you want to harvest what you put in.

Original Glue is really Original Glue #4. It was renamed because the actual Glue company sued the breeder for using the name. :biggrin:
I got these from Nirvana.

Giving a bud a little squeeze leaves an oily gluey residue on your fingers that's definitely not water soluble. Talk about sticky bud. I was told it was called glue because it glues you to the couch. That may be true, but I don't believe it. If I don't keep my Non-Stick Fiskars clean, they glue shut.

Badfishy1

Thanks pipeline. Just having some fun with it. lol

Original Glue is really Original Glue #4. It was renamed because the actual Glue company sued the breeder for using the name. :biggrin:
I got these from Nirvana.

Giving a bud a little squeeze leaves an oily gluey residue on your fingers that's definitely not water soluble. Talk about sticky bud. I was told it was called glue because it glues you to the couch. That may be true, but I don't believe it. If I don't keep my Non-Stick Fiskars clean, they glue shut.

Problem most would like to have! You smashed it my man

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks. BadFishy. Pulled three plants down today and have about 1.5 - 2 lbs per plant. Another 30 or so glue to go. Apart from the mice, it's been a good year.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful flowers there! Must be a popular guy to all the wild animals of the forest!

St. Phatty

No fence can keep them out! Maybe 1/4 inch wire mesh would work!

This year I've used 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch wire mesh/metal cloth.

Had a few animals sneak through the 1/2 inch.

Since I bought a bunch of it, I'm using the 1/2 inch to protect more mature plants.

I try to visit the plants that are protected by the wire mesh, at different times during the day to see how the sun is reaching them.

Latest posts

Latest posts