What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Manually flip-flopping

moses wellfleet

Veteran
My social life comes to me. I've travelled a million miles and met a million faces. I don't yearn to be out anymore. I'm an old retired boy. I do my athletic stuffs early early early in the am and then I'm home home to slumber and feed. I like to be home to protect my assets. No one has ever had the courage to rob me while I was home, but if I turn my back to grab a pack of cigarettes at the wrong time of day, I'll come home 10 min later to find all my shit missing. I live in a nice neighborhood, but there are fucking crack fiends on one of the block, and dopeheads on the other. Repeat offenders over the last 20 years, I'm sure, but like I said, never while anybody was home.

Fair enuff

Bobby Boucher

Can't really think of any improvements to the light rail system, so I pulled the trigger and ordered some trolleys and bought 20' of unistrut which I'll bolt together back to back. I figure the farther apart I set the tents the better, as far as light-proofing goes.

So far I'm ~$120 in the hole. Still need.. 8" cooltube, 8" hose and hvac fittings, two 8"inline fans, a couple 4x4 tents, and some good zipper. I'll have to shave 2-3 feet off of the top or bottom of the tents and retro-fit them with a couple of openings (and zip closures) at the top to slide the light in and out of. Getting everything stitched together nicely is gonna be a pain in the dick, I'm sure.

Bobby Boucher

I donno if anyone here is using the magnum xxxl low profile reflector.. but unless anyone has any better suggestions, it looks like I'll be ordering one by the end of day. The light rail is going to wind up shaving 3-4 inches from my vertical clearance, so.. I'm looking to make up for that loss however possible. 5' is already a stretch.

I'm still curious as to whether or not this reflector is really going to be as effective at removing heat as a standard 8" cooltube would be, seeing as how close the bulb is to the glass on the low profile unit, and I'll also more than likely have to solder up some custom oval to round adaptors for a perfectly custom fit so that the vent is simply accepted into the duct at either end of the rail, but.. unless anyone has any better ideas.. I'm pretty set on the low pro. I still have 6 weeks left on the current cycle, but I want to get everything ordered and staged for assembly so that I'm ready to roll come day 1.

Oh, and since the f'n reflector is 4'x4'.. I'm gonna have to run 5'x5'x5' tents just to make room for the adaptors and extractors, which then opens up the option to run 1kw instead of 600 to make up for the extra work. I've never ran 1kw bulbs with this kind of clearance, but fwiw, I do run multiple layers of trellis, and I still have 600's I can run if things go awry.

More embarrassingly rudimentary sketchups to come..

Bobby Boucher

Mounted the cooltube to the unistrut with trolleys, mounted the unistrut to the ceiling joist using unistrut splices designed to allow the trolleys to pass through. Attached a couple 6" boosters on either side of a 6" cooltube and it all slides cleanly in and out of the preexisting 8" vent ports. Takes all of 2 minutes to move between tents. In case anyone was even remotely interested. Sorry, not sorry for the inverted photos.

Attachments

• IMG_1331.jpg
    IMG_1331.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1334.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg