What's new

Manta and Ablite aircooled hoods....

G

does anyone here have any experience with either of these? I was checking out a couple of sites and they look like the best aircooled systems available locally so I'm thinking of ordering one or the other. Anyone's input would be really appreciated, BTW I'm planning on running a 600 in the hood.... :wave:

treble

I've been looking at the ablite..at least I think it is.. was there today checking them out... to me they look small

I have an adjusta shade as part of a kit I bought... its open so it isn't cooled but it seems larger to me in area.....but I find the ability to adjust pretty handy. It allows me to set the spread wide for scrog'ing

the air cooled one is fixed and set to what I would call narrow - could be ideal for a closet grow

also if you see a picture of one that has duct flanges on each end expect to pay extra for the flanges... the shade I saw has some small slitted panels screwed on each end..you replace these with the flanges which you slide your ducting onto.....

they cost $16.00 each at this place

hope that adds something...best o luck...would be interested to hear what you decide on and how it works for ya... do you have a setup at the moment that you are trying to cool?.. I would really like to know how much diff it makes

cheers
treb

knottykid

checked out cool tubes.. ebay sell and ship to aussie.. more practical and less bulky then ablite's an other cooled hoods on the market i find

G

well, had a looksee and a little chat with some friends and I think I'll be going the manta. From all accounts, a little cooler aswell and smaller than the ablite, and cheaper! (yeah, I'm a tightass) Oh yeah, treble, I know what you mean about the adjusta shades being big, well I think there pretty big anyway, I had one of the large one's but it got taken along with all my stuff when the filth visited in jan. I'll update when I get the shade, hopefully it'll help out anyone thinking of going that way in Aus...

treble

Hey hideyoshi

I havent seen the manta hoods before so guess need to poke around and see what i can dig up.

would still be interested to hear your thoughts on that hood. I am at the cross roads now and I am going to be making a decision on cooling for my lamp... at the moment I'd prefer a cool tube but locating a suitable tube is proving a challenge

so yeah lets us know what your thoughts are if youve had the chance to get the mantra into play

take it easy
Treb

G

sorry treb, as yet no manta... been doing everything BUT growing lately. As far as tubing goes, just found a really good source, if your in melb, theres a dude that sells pyrex at the Queen vic market, heaps of guages etc. good prices. well thats about it...

treble

Thanks hideyoshi

I scored myself a nice inline fan with some ducting and just set it up to pull air from the end of the hood just to one side of the lamp holder. Is doing pretty well I think. once the fan was on we came down from just on mid 30's to mid 20's. The range seems to be 24.5 - 26.5.

not Venting to external yet but will need to do it in a day or so. I have the feeling the ambient room temp is slowly climbin meaning is going it rise in the enclosure as well. Am just using passive ventilation atm into the enclosure.

the fan is definately worthwhile investing in, in my view. I thought it a bit more than I wanted to spend as budget keeps going up but now I am happy as... whacking another duct on the other side of the fan will help cut the noise a lot too. The guy in the store demo'd the fan and it was very noticable

still would be interested to hear if you bite the bullet and score a vented hood
cheers
Treb