What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"mango" from Oregon

G

guest5703

"cough cough" damn, that was a nice hit...Just got some "mango" that came straight from oregon, and I gotta tell you they are doing it right up there. I know for fact,(seen pictures/movies) they have plants taller than 8ft high that they are trying to yield 5 pounds per plant off of. I think they've met there goal!

Anywoo, on to the Mango, heres a couple of pics of a nice nug

That's my wand in the back just to make sure I don't get butane taste and instead I represent the cleanest report on this bud for you guys! haha.

TASTE/SMELL-
I must say this shit doesn't really smell nor taste like mango...I love mango's, I've had mango bud that did smell exactly like mango's but I suspect that bud was around some actual fruit to give it it's scent. On the exhale I have no clue what the flavor is, but it's not a bad one :laughing:

SIZZLE-
Is crazy, I don't think people really report on the sizzle but with this bud it was the whole reason for me to do a report. I am really confused I guess about this herb. I've read if it's not flushed properly then it could sizzle and pop a lot. But then this mango burns PERFECTLY, lights up with EASE and is smooth to the hit. I'm not kidding man, this shit is really great, but it ****ing sizzles like hash or something and I just don't know what it could be but the trichomes....But I have honestly never had this much sizzle as it burns. I lite it once, and it burns the whole bowl instead of having to keep lighting or something. It sizzles through the whooole burn, start all the way to ash...White ash.

HIGH-
I think I am rambling on now because of the high. I just smoked right before I started the report and it was the first of the day. I'm pretty high, good stone for regular smoker. I know yesterday I smoked about 3 bowls with my girlfriend bowl after bowl in a pipe real quick and I was BAKED. Felt like sleepin....

BAG APPEAL-
I saw about a pound of it last night and it looked like a pound haha. Nice nugs, not dense, but not fluffy, just filled in. It looks like it was grown out for a good long time, and with my 60x scope I can see almost all of the trichs haved turned amber.

Feel free to ask Q's if you want. I don't do many reports, but really the sizzle made me have to!!! PEACE

Great Report, some nice bud ya got there. I have had that sizzle your talking about before, especially with very frosty strains. I had a few strains i tested last week that would stay on fire because of the pure amount of triches.

G

guest5703

Yea that must be it then. I swear I can rip a .3 bowl to my face without coughing and it's just awesome! Do you ever check your trichs to see what color they are? Thanks for the reply sweet ;)

caduceo

Mango is a decent diversion from whatever you are smoking, if you haven't tried it, check it out, its got a nice flavor, that, while not really mango-y, lol, is still nice with a good high to boot. pick up a couple of grams or an eighth, its not really something you get an ounce of imho.

Hail

We have had a shitload of mango going through my town in Texas. It looks just like your picture. It's amazing bud, I love it. Definally in my top 10 of best bud I've smoked. Was the smell of your mango pretty strong? Mine smelled so damn stinky.. I had it in a ziplock bag in my car, inside of a lockbox and left it there for a few hours and it made my car REEEK. Another thing is all the mango I have been getting (which has been all the time for the past 4 or 5 months) has had seeds in it.. I have been collecting them. My friend who grew out some mango bagseed told me not to grow it though because he said it was bred with something shitty.

G

guest5703

hmmm mine for sure didnt have seeds. All the mango I had was grown indoors, came from Oregon too. So to make it too Texas, thats a long stretch...Who knows?

G

guest5703

Once again its that time of year. I am now getting some buds from Oregon growers! Outdoor, that is, I mostly only go through one of my good friends and he and another buddy of mine travel to Oregon and back regularly. Right now they've got trainwreck on lock, and some other bomb strains as well.

I've seen big bags of mixed strains that usually makes the buds smell gross and a weird fruity smell. Well this was the first mix I had seen that smelled dank as well as having super dank buds.

Here's the Trainwreck, came in dense nugs, I know for a fact they had massive TW trees that weighed in around 10 pounds each. On the outside the look is nice but on the onside it's impressive! Indoor on the inside and outdoor on the out haha. Smells just like the unique TW smell I have always dealt with. Hit's stony, and is a brighter green than the other bud I chose.

inside MM! :jump:

Next up is a bud I am calling 'diesel'. I have never had diesel and this doesn't smell anything like it, but that's just the name I gave it. It's a darker green than the TW, but just as frosted in fact the look of the trichomes makes the bud look shiny and wet. The TW glistens shiny goo trichs as well, but theres a difference in the 'diesel'. The leaves are fat and more indica than the skinny TW leaves, but the leaves are just as frosted as the buds almost. The smoke is just as good, more of just a stony high. The lung expansion on both of these buds is much enjoyed and large haha.

Untrimmed nug

Trimmed nug

inside

Love Oregon and the growers, mad respect goes toward them. PEACE!!!

EDIT-*ON A SPECIAL SIDE NOTE* The growers that these buds came from are known to have a few different guys they go to for nutrients....

Theres like a earthworm guy that sells big tubs full of earthworms in a farm so you can have castings for life. Another dude that sells a pre mixed guano and molasses nutrient for flowering. One more guy I forget what he does, but it sounds pretty sweet and they all grow fat trees! PEACE GUYS!

EDIT^^^^Learned that the second set of nugs is actually Afghani goo!!! I could smell the scent of it on the buds, and asked my buddy the next day....He said there was afgahni goo in the mix! Haha

Last edited:
would you mind showing me a pic of the 5 lb plants or whateva, if it's not too much to ask? i've seen plants pull of a pound or two, but never 5 lbs.

G

guest5703

I don't have a picture of it bro sorry, the plants were grown in oregon, and my buddy goes up there to see them. But it was a ten pound plant not a 5 pound one actually....Check out some of Tom Hill's grows or pictures, he's got enormous plants yielding over ten pound I am sure.

Mango is good. Its always made us giggly as ****. and has a nice smooth smoke, a bit fruity tasting, but not really mango.

we've got a Mango bags seed grow going. just planted the seeds in a CFL veg cab that has bee working wonders with some other plants. including bubble gum, Blue moon rocks, and others the grow is on another website similar to this one with grown home in the 420 name. haha

G

Hey Cali, thanks for the description,,I have some Mango coming..Did you ever try the strain called Ogre???, i thought Ogre was very good bud.If you have the chance check it out..Cannt wait to try Mango..that Afg, Goo,,and T.W look sweet..JIMI

G

Smoked alot of bud in my short life from europe and the US but you are correct, here in oregon they got it down to an art. I'm learning alot thats for sure.

Out door season is only 4-5 months away!

Last edited:

bterzz

Veteran
I would like to be in Oregon for the outdoor season thats for sure..

Are the authorities pretty lenient with plant size considering patients have to grow enough medicine to supply them for a year?

elwaponino

Oregon or Montana would be my first choice for a Medical state, more concerned about the law of the land, the Constitution.

T

TroubleGuy

bterzz - authorities don't care how big the plant is as long as it's within MMJ guidelines.

You can have up to 6 plants per patient over that 12" size limit, with no max size limit.

Oregon's the shit, a lot of us know what we're doing here for sure. Some friends from Vancouver, B.C. have come through and when they were in town they said they smoked the best bud they've ever smoked out here.

reckon

nice job,...

my all time favorite strain,.......that I can never find cuts of, just flowers, and mail order beans

but yeah, a couple of puffs of mango and your head thanks you.

here in california they just struck DOWN limits for patients,....you can grow as much as you want now.

:smokeit:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i had smoked some papaya that tasted like mango from back in the day wish i still had some but it was a gift and i had 0 seeds in the 2oz that was givin 2 me

Latest posts

Latest posts