What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mandala - Speed Queen Smoke Report

THoC

I was rereading posts on Speed Queen phenos and thought this excellent report could deal with a bump.
Nice work A.N. Other

I've got a couple Speed Queen ladies outside in flower, both look like your second pheno. They smell of sweet grapefruit candy with thin sativa dom leaves...

I should mention one of those was a trifolate or whatever you call it...It started with 3 coyts and had 3+ branches at the nodes instead of two, crazy branching. I topped it once or twice and its got like 5 NICE colas. One of the best yielders i've ran outside that probably won't mold here. (I HOPE!)

Nice report! I can't wait for mine to be done. :D

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got some SQDT1 and your report is right on..

Nice grow.

thanks,
john

mazzakush

very nice looking buds bro, lovely.

I'm also a mandala fanboy. First stuff I ever planted... easy and hardy as shit. Gotta love the vigour (one of my primary plant attributes, newbs or not handlin' em my fav plants are just hardy as hell.... aka could survive chernobyl and do the fuckin cleanup)

I did the hasberry, sadhu, and mixed pack. Really dug a trinodal I got (RIP captian tripps). Didn't get the speed queen because I was worried about SQ being a touch racy (contrary to mandala's whole very anti-anxiety thing I got with mine). Any word on that?

A.N.Other

ola segue, apologies for the late reply. re. lights; we run 600W Sylvania Grolux(s) for HPS lights and we use 600W HPI-T Metal Halide(s).

that's not my pic but i do tend to find they grow more single cola style than branched. they have very thick foliage so you really have to encourage side branching. you can train them though, even from seed (see below).

in terms of stretch, not too much, just enough to be useful rather than annoying.

anyway, hope your SQ went well.

ciao milano, glad you enjoyed the speed queen, i find the high light and happy but like most weed if you over indulge ultimately you are going to feel like a sit down! :rasta:

hi THoC, glad you enjoyed the report, i hope your 'sampler' is going well. takes some selection but there are some gems to be found in Mike's and Jasmine's work. :yes:

hola blue, thanks for the vibes, i hope your sq treat you well. the aroma you describe sounds d-ee-licious. feel free to post any shots you have. :yes:

that goes for you too rizraz! hi by the way man. glad you enjoyed the report (and your speed queen).

s'up mazzakush? i have to agree fully man, they have very vigorous, hardy plants. the mandala appear to have a background in agricultural practise and seem to understand that more than just a pretty plant makes a good all round strain.

i almost spat my coffee out when I read the chernobyl comment, you know what? it's probably true. imagine though, a post apocolyptic mandala plant... would be a BEAST! :joint:

to answer your question, the high is happy and up but not to my mind racy. just relaxing chilled summers day in the mind weed.

i seem to always be chucking a few of these seeds in to make up numbers, they are always interesting. got a few on the go at the moment as well as a selected mum.

product from selected mum (not the best pic):

new [trained] seed plants:

take care all. :joint:

Last edited:
satori

satori

AN other, your Mandala grow journals helped me along the way during my first grow ever. I ran Satori and White Satin, and was very happy with one pheno of Satori (still kicking myself for not revegging). It smelled somewhat diesel'ish, with a hint of beef (none of my friends agreed with this assessment, but it smelled like beef damnit). In my current grow (a room full of 5 strains) i hope to find something comparable to the taste and high of my beefy-gasoline flavored satori. I am looking forward to the return of Mandala in January, maybe with a new strain or two. Keep up the good smoke/grow reports !

notcied this thread and it just got me even more excited about my speed queen. I have 2 speed queen mothers both different phenos and the clones are at day 35 of harvest now so i cant wait to see what the bud is like. if its bomb then more speed queen it will be, otherwise ill probably just sell the mother plants or flower both of them.

sublunacy

The Smoke report was really really well done! Wow its like I wrote it but slightly better:) both the SQ and HB reports, truley great work guys.
I would like to add I have tried the HB, The SQ, and the sadhu. and I rate them in that order, and im sure most will agree.
To me the Hashberry was a revellation, mostly for the high 11, I miss it. taste/smell 9, the only way it would better is if it was more deffined.

The SQ I called DR pepper it was a neat taste that seems origanal and gives unique quality to a bag.....high 7 just ok. smell/ taste 7. Hey atleast its not a dark unmotivating high...and only a little burnout...Great seeds....

Then the sadhu.... of course Like the other 2 it Has fantastic growth, GREAT bag appeal, ALLWAYS just the right amount of smell, not to much , not too little..... BUT this one im not a big fan, the smell was like faint grapes and BLAHhh. and when smoked it would loose the grape and be replaced with bitter and the Blahh was still there.. ... and the high was well boring and nondescript. so taste 5, high 5.

Take this with a grain of salt please, but this was all done the same year in the same spot, outdoors 2 years ago.If I could give the world one thing it would be Hashberry. But Mike did allready. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts