What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Manali in January

theclearspot

Hi I'm planning a trip to Manali ,India in January. I know there can be snow around that time up in Himmachal Pradesh. Anyway anyone know what the vibe is up there in January? I won't be hiking etc (well I might if it was possible but internet is conflicting about weather there).
cheers

hom

Veteran
I was there in may before. As far as i remember the area was snowed in until march or april. Maybe you can fly into kullu. That may be a good option. Lots of himachal locals are in goa in january following the tourist cash. Good luck lad..bring some warm clothes. No more huge grows in manali but plenty of charas. Manali is a huge indian wedding getaway now.

Grøn

Go to vashisht, old manali and check in to some of the hotels above the temple with hot springs, way more cool place to stay.

@ you will properly be the 1 out of a very few white turist but plenty of indians
Internet will work ofc if a blizzard rolls in you might have a delay !

Have fun Bom Shiva

Latest posts

Latest posts