What's new

managing your intake (of drugzzzz, man) anonymous

H

h^2 O

i found myself smoking bong load after bong load after getting this new bong, which is awesome. I went from someone who used a one hitter every hour or so to smoking a half gram every hour. I'm not rich or currently growing, so this obviously cost me money.
I forced myself to use some discipline and have now gone back to the one hitter. Even when at home. I guess I just have to wait until i grow again to get much use out of the bong. With the bong i can smoke an eighth a day. With the one hitter maybe a gram tops.
I realized i was constantly smoking and that's a waste of good bud, so I'm cutting down and not using the bong. Not sure what to do with it, just bought it. Smoked a half Z of chemo and kush in a week with that thing. And boy was i high. But I think i need to start approaching my weed smoking more scientifically and professionally. The glass one hitter is the first step. Smoking less comes with that.
It's so hard not to use that bong, its sitting right there! I'm afraid I have no choice but to put it away in a closet. I could have bought a netbook. I now have an awesome bong that is useless.

I

Iron_Lion

I always weigh out my weed before I smoke, .5 joints for my self and about .8 if Im sharing. I keep a few different strains on hand at all times so I can medicate many times a day without a tolerance build up.

I usually smoke 3 to 4 joints a day.

H

h^2 O

I always weigh out my weed before I smoke, .5 joints for my self and about .8 if Im sharing. I keep a few different strains on hand at all times so I can medicate many times a day without a tolerance build up.

I usually smoke 3 to 4 joints a day.

tolerance for sure man, didn't realize it or believe in it until a month ago or so. Need to have those different strains. Right now i have a nice og kush and some chemdog. I might post in whatcha puffin. I can't smoke sats.
But yeah, right on the money.
I'm starting to take this medical thing seriously. I could even get those old people pill cases with the days of the week and throw 2 grams in each

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
bongs will certainly be the best and fastest way to destroy your weed supply. I find the hits are much bigger, and then you finish a bowl if theres less then half left to avoid the burnt black weed that tastes worse later. Its a smoother hit so you upped your intake fast when you switched and at the same time the hits were smoother so you kept toking, or at least thats how it is for me.

Start smoking later in the day and smoke less in each bowl if you stay on the bong... then put the bong away after you get hi. Its too easy to fill errr up again and keep on smoking drugzz

H

h^2 O

bongs will certainly be the best and fastest way to destroy your weed supply. I find the hits are much bigger, and then you finish a bowl if theres less then half left to avoid the burnt black weed that tastes worse later. Its a smoother hit so you upped your intake fast when you switched and at the same time the hits were smoother so you kept toking, or at least thats how it is for me.

Start smoking later in the day and smoke less in each bowl if you stay on the bong... then put the bong away after you get hi. Its too easy to fill errr up again and keep on smoking drugzz

hell yeah man smoking drugz rules. :tiphat:

Bongs will really decimate your supply man, you're right. This I also failed to recognize or admit. Yeah my tolerance went up, strains were useless within days.

It's all good now. I actually smoke the most when i leave in the morning, then another good amount before bed. But i smoke the one hitter every hour i guess.

Our body building a tolerance to a certain strain that you have been smoking on only proves how different each individual strain is. And how our body is smart enough to understand this and know the difference between strains. So much to learn about this wonderful plant. We know certain strains are good for sleep or for an "up" high. But what if certain strains have certain medical benefits for us.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
all day smoking is what took away my feeling of being high.. I was high, but didn't feel that way. I guess thats the diff between medicating and getting high. I prefer to wait until after the day is done to smoke, but all day on the weekends.

this sort of all day smoking experience is what leads me to the strangely VERY unpopular belief that MJ has addictive properties, not per say dangerously addictive, but life is better in hi-def for sure.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Start dabbing(vaporizing) fullmelts and oils. Way easier to control your inake with potency and stay medicated longer without having to combust lots plant material to get desired effects.

supermanlives

Veteran
i smoke massive amounts all day . and i dont plan on quitting or cutting back. with little overhead it dont cost me much to grow weed. electric is the main expense inside. nothing wrong with moderation tho bro. i also eat medicated cookies like the cookie monster. but i got issues .lol

H

hard rain

all day smoking is what took away my feeling of being high.. I was high, but didn't feel that way. I guess thats the diff between medicating and getting high. I prefer to wait until after the day is done to smoke, but all day on the weekends.

this sort of all day smoking experience is what leads me to the strangely VERY unpopular belief that MJ has addictive properties, not per say dangerously addictive, but life is better in hi-def for sure.
I agree. I used to smoke all day and switched to confining my smoking to the evenings. The only time I would now smoke in the daytime is if I am having a very bad back day. It is just a matter of a bit of discipline. Do other activities to take your mind off it like reading or exercise. Once you get out of the habit it is easy to just smoke evenings. Also get a vaporizer (I actually don't strictly smoke at all anymore). I don't mean to preach at people. Have nothing against hard core smokers. Was once one myself.

I am not sure of how addictive cannabis is, if at all. Certainly building up tolerance is one sign of an addiction. However after 35 years (on and off) using cannabis, I actually now use it much less than I did when younger.

Use it less and appreciate it more in my opinion.

supermanlives

Veteran
its not uncommon for me to ,hit the pipe,smoke a bowl and hit the vap . joints are a constant. beats the hell out of the meds i used to have to take.

VortexPower420

Veteran
WOW I did realize Herb was a Drug. When I read this I though you were Bang-in Heroin or some thing. You guys need to get you definition Drug checked.

How about we change the Paradigm and stop call our herb a drug, for it is not. Stop degrading my sacrament please. Thank you.
Timbuktu

Oh yea and you know what they say "a 1/8th a day will keep the doctor away."

Last edited:
H

h^2 O

best i could find

"Efficiency of Dosage Edit
By making the smoke cooler and more palatable it allows the dose of active chemical to be inhaled more deeply and rapidly. This makes absorption of the active chemical more efficient and so less of the original substance is required. The maximum amount of smoke that can be inhaled in a single hit depends on the bong's chamber capacity, and the smoker's lung capacity. Normally, this amount of smoke is far greater than can be achieved when smoking a Pipe, Joint , or Spliff . The bong can also give a stronger hit than other smoking methods."
http://cannabis.wikia.com/wiki/Bong

so....cooling it by using the ice cubes means that i need less weed...

but WTF??????
Most smokers believe that bongs are healthier than other smoking methods; however, a 2000 NORML-MAPS study found that "water pipes filter out more psychoactive THC than they do other tars, thereby requiring users to smoke more to reach their desired effect" [5]. Smoke from cannabis supplied by the NIDA was drawn through a number of smoking devices and analyzed. A smoking machine, adjusted to mimic the puff length of cannabis smokers, drew smoke through a standard bong, a small portable bong with a folding stem, a bong with a motorized paddle that thoroughly mix the smoke with the water, and two different types of vaporizers. The study found that the unfiltered joint outperformed all devices except the vaporizers, with a ratio of about 1 part cannabinoids to 13 parts tar.

However, MAPS [6] reviewed a study that examined the effects and composition of water filtered and non-filtered cannabis and tobacco smoke. It found that when alveolar macrophages, an important component in the lungs immune system, were exposed to unfiltered smoke, there was a marked reduction in the macrophages' ability to fight bacteria, whereas there was no such reduction in those exposed to water filtered smoke. It also found that there is substantial epidemiological evidence among tobacco smokers that those who smoke through water-pipes, as opposed to cigarettes, cigars, and regular pipes, have lower incidences of carcinoma. "It appears that water filtration can be effective in removing components from cannabis smoke that are known toxicants

so smoking with a bong requires that you use more weed, because it doesn't get you as high...?

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WOW I did realize Herb was a Drug. When I read this I though you were Bang-in Heroin or some thing. You guys need to get you definition Drug checked.

How about we change the Paradigm and stop call our herb a drug, for it is not. Stop degrading my sacrament please. Thank you.
Timbuktu

Oh yea and you know what they say "a 1/8th a day will keep the doctor away."

mj is deff a drug, it alters your psyche, that by definition is a drug..just sayin
Doesnt degrade it, but thats my 2 pennies :D

Latest posts

Latest posts