What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mammoth P Microbes

dissolute

I just got a 2oz sample from the local store, so I'll do a side-by-side flower run starting in a day or two.

Clones are 4 of uk-cheese -!0" tall, planted into 3g and straight into flower.
Nutrients will be PBP, though it shouldn't matter.
Media - chunky mix of peat/coco/perlite/crushed hydroton/growstones, shouldn't matter.
1 plan/sqft under a portion of 1k hps.

NO.

A P solubilizing microbial product and a P, K woowoo juice are not similar products..

Like the earlier poster, I didnt do a side by side either. Worse yet these varieties are first time for me. \

My feeling is that MammothP does improve the ability of plants to absorb P. Next grow I plan to start with a higher P ppa and use Mammoth to facilitate P release. This crop I feel that Mammoth caused my P to get depleted too rapidly leading up to flowering. Even so I gt very solid flowering and maybe the sturdiest stems I've seen in a while. I'm going to stick with Mammoth. I expect improved outcomes from its use

Last edited:

samiam

yeah im just talking shit need to get to 50 posts.
what I meant was add more p see if the microbes take advantage of it.

I thank I did read something about soil bacteria needing trace amounts of nickel to properly process anions for plant uptake but nickel is treated as a toxin so not added to any ferts not sure if this would apply to the mammoth microbes.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I did a proper side by side. I posted my results. It worked just like they said it would.

If there is a specific question feel free to ask away.

yeah im just talking shit need to get to 50 posts.
what I meant was add more p see if the microbes take advantage of it.

I thank I did read something about soil bacteria needing trace amounts of nickel to properly process anions for plant uptake but nickel is treated as a toxin so not added to any ferts not sure if this would apply to the mammoth microbes.

I bubbled mammoth with crab meal , fulvic and a little sugar. After~36hours the solution was sereumy. Divided it amongst 4 plants, they loved it.

Ive repeated this a few times. I havent got a microscope but i am theorizing that the organisms are multiplying in my mini bio reactor.

dissolute

I did a proper side by side. I posted my results. It worked just like they said it would.

If there is a specific question feel free to ask away.
But half way through you said you didn't know which group got the P but said one group looked better? Plants looked great though!

I just printed labels, 4 uk cheese in 3g each, and 2 Grandaddy Purp in 15g containers under a 1k, pics soon!

Edited for pics:

Here's our first group of young ladies, UK Cheese, just set on the flower floor for their first photo-op. Rooted in gnatnix, a perlite-like material, lollipoped:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=71301&pictureid=1696282

Here's a pic of their roots:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=71301&pictureid=1696283

Here's them transplanted into tall 3g containers of chunky soil mix, along with their bigger Grandaddy Purp cousins, also planted today into 15g containers of the same media composition, from 2g veg containers.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=71301&pictureid=1696284

They're all under a 1k hortilux, fed 1.6EC of PureBlend Pro - Grow (media leeched until under 2.8ec) today only. 60%RH room with AC and RH control, and lots of circulation.

2 UKC and 1 GDP are getting the base feed, my standard routine of mostly 1 part PBP at ~1.6EC, and the other 2 UKC and 1 GDP are getting the same PBP with the simple addition of the Mammoth P. .6ml/g = 1.5ml/2.5g, easy. I'm skeptical but excited!

(can't figure out how to embed pics from my album)

Last edited:
D

DunnDunn

Are any of the hydro users adding any other enzymes or microbes along with mammoth p?

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Solubilizing bacteria is a good thing but Mammoth P is just a "Phosphate Solubilizing Bacteria" (PSB) product. Wouldn't be nice (at that price) if it also solubilized other elements (N, K, Si, Zn...etc)? Imagine what that silver bullet would do!

I am currently evaluating several SSB (Silicate Solubilizing Bacteria) products and noticed that certain bacteria strains are "big league" players in this particular arena.

guineapig

Veteran
I recall there was a South African chemist who created a "Shuttle System" for primary, secondary and micro-nutrients to be better absorbed by the plant, basically each nutrient was locked into a different (and more expensive) chemical form, and there was much explanation of "chelation" and locking nutrients into a chemical "shuttle" which increased absorption of nutrients and therefore overall growth was increased.

This is not to say that I believe this product to be junk science, misleading, or just another ineffective additive which has no effect on plant metabolism. Of course, we all know about nitrogen-fixing bacteria and the growing of two plants side by side, nitrogen-fixing bacteria which live in the nodules of the root system. I did always wonder why these nitrogen-fixing bacteria were not being sold in hydroponic stores, so I guess finally they put out a phosphorous-fixing bacteria.

In my opinion, this product is absolutely true, there are bacteria which make phosphorous more available to the root system, just like the nitrogen-fixing bacteria. The question is, do the bacteria live in the root system? Do the bacteria physically attach to the root system and form nodules, basically a permanent home for the bacterial colonies? Perhaps this product would work better in a soil medium rather than a hydroponic medium, it might be easier for colonies to form in a soil medium rather than a hydroponic medium due to the constant washing of roots (in an ebb-and-flow system, for example).

I know the makers of this product might want to keep things secret, but if growers could figure out the application process, it would be helpful. Does this bacteria form nodules on the roots like nitrogen-fixing bacteria? Do hydroponic growers have to "prime the pump" by exposing the roots to a high concentration of this Phosphorous-solubilizing bacteria a few times a day before feeding the nutrient solution? Just wondering.

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Bongstar420

Call me when they sell it for $5.00

That shit cost almost nothing to make. Its just a controlled compost tea. If you knew about microbes, you could just buy generic microbes or source them from the environment your self (which I have done to great effect) for much less than the money you hand to the owners of this company who are not working for a living.

....Or when what they are selling is lab grade stuff not brewed with microbes and everything that is in there is quantified.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]guineapig:
This product is probably sterilized or you could use it as a starter brew and get 100x the product from brewing. If they were legit living rhizosphere bacteria formulated specifically for Cannabis, 1 application would be required for the life of the plant. Glomus mossae is a phosphatase (the stuff in this gimmick which unleashes the P you shouldn't be locking up in the first place) producing endophyte which specifically forms symbiosis with Cannabis and will persist with the plant up to 30ppm P and some strains could be insensitive and tolerate much higher levels of soluble P....so if you noc with Glomus at clone stage, that plant will carry living Glomus for its life or till you over nute it. Cannabis does not form symbiosis with N fixing nodule bacterias.
[/FONT]

Phases

I stopped using it because it lost all its smell and didn't seem like it was still "good" when I first got it. It had a nice stink to it. Smelt like it was working but then after couple
Months using it. No smell it's like all the good stuff died or something. I don't know. Just too expensive for not that great results. Maybe in the future I'll look at it again but we will see.

Imagenetic2935

I'm in veg and I definitely notice larger stems at the base and an overall increase in plant vigor in the plants that have been treated.

Company accidentally sent me numerous samples so if anyone needs some I've got sealed bottles for free here

Imagenetic2935

They did update their expiration date from 6 months to 2 years with some facts to back it up. Mine still works fine.
Honestly though, I'd never pay 60+$ a bottle for it.
One of the owners mentioned they're working on a new product for Nitrogen fixing bacteria.

BillFarthing

Veteran
They are seriously over priced. Are you really going to get $60-170 back on a bottle for bacteria you can get elsewhere?

Their sales rep is awful. Their tech is awful. I could do better with a high P guano and molasses.