What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey there, here we go again !

5 good sized COBs out of this outdoor Golden Tiger Harvest, aging stage right now !
I've done it on the drier side, powerful smells :alien:

Keep up the COB job !
Making my mouth water GT is special cobbed in my book and those look awesome.
Drier starting is going to be a terp fest once finished brother, a good friend of mine called it medicine for its effects of making his world so much better every time he used it.
please make sure to post pics, once its done should be a thing of beauty.

Tangwena

Veteran
Just taken some tester cobs of Mulanje Gold from green mountain seeds out to dry a bit before resealing them to cure further.
6 days on all of them at 20c for a terpy slow cure except the first two only 3 days in on those.

img_2810-web.jpg
img_2810 (2)-web.jpg
img_2813-web.jpg
img_2815-web.jpg
img_2817-web.jpg
img_2820-web.jpg
img_2822-web.jpg
img_2825-web.jpg

Rastafarout

Premium user
@Tangwena been a bit busy
They put the cob when ready crumbed in water , for 12hrs or before it’s starts going slimy ,shake it then strain it
And drink it ,smoking at the same time.
They also brew a really strong distilled alcohol drink called Kachusa with cobs added (not always) then strained.

This drink puts you in a stupor as the Kachusa can be up to 70% proof

Similar to homemade vodka and is made by certain women only
With age old secret recipe’s
this is usually only drunk when there’s a all night ceremony for a new headman or chief
But my guy says there’s a few people that make this often
to get super “high”
He only drinks the water one cause a lot of people get sick with the alcoholic one
Can imagine how this would rip your head off .. lol

Rastafarout

Premium user
@Far_out , that really interesting.

So, just allow crumbled cob to step in water for 12 hours, strain and drink. Is the effect any different from just chewing the cob?. I can see that it would allow you to take very large doses more easily.🙂
Yeah and give it a shake, obviously warm water cos that’s a hot climate … can have a few tokes to kick start it
They do use quite a bit at a time

Legalcdn

That's an interesting cob forming tube you have there brother, boarding on professional! I like it!
First time for cobs. Plan on making it a habit. I have watched everyone having too much fun :cool:

That drink from cobs, i was thinking if you just cut off a piece and steeped it in water (on a electric coffee warmer) for 8 hours might produce a nice mixture. I will try in 3 months.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
You need to get hold of a Scooby, (a strange glutinous blob made of bacteria and yeast) and just add that to sweetened black or green tea. Let it ferment for a week and that's about it.
The Scooby grows each time you make another batch and you end up giving them away to friends, a bit like a ginger beer plant. So simple and cheap.

Tangwena

Veteran
So it’s not soup lol , but yeah they use a lot of weed so it would be to much the liquid is concentrated so get a lot in a little if that makes sense

PS yeah don’t strain it .. full spectrum …
The only problem I have with that is THC doesn't dissolve in water so I'm wondering what they are drinking.

YES I have had Kachusa many times it ranged from disgusting to barely palatable with a kick ass effect.
A good way to go blind and have your teeth drop out ha ha.
They would put all kinds of chemicals in it if it gave it an extra kick.
The best stuff tasted like dish water, muddy river water and pure alcohol ha ha.

I knew a guy we used to score from who drank tea made with the leaves and also ate the leaves cooked like cabbage with his meal, not to get high but he said it kept him healthy.
There are many uses traditionally for the whole plant apart from just smoking the buds.

I wish I had been more curious than I was when I lived there many moons ago now. But I was only interested in getting as high as I could from all the different cob cures I came across.
Some true artists among the older generation when it came to growing and curing back then.

Latest posts

Latest posts