What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

ilovegrowing

hello lovely people,

i want to share my feelings how the effect of cobs worked for me. just a short intro.

i started smoking weed with tobacco, kept doing this for a long time, started growing, quit the tobacco at some point (which was a huge success, more clear, but more intense, and not 'forced' to smoke anymore), started vaping and now i was able to travel through the cob world for a little while.

i made a bunch of cobs, all aged between one and two years. different strains, mostly/straight sativa. yesterday i was chewing a more green cure, no sweat. 0.2/0.25g at around 6pm. accompanied with some good veggie food.
i felt something coming at 7pm, i headed home, and on the way i was starting moving to the music, getting exited, energized. i was home at 8pm and it got stronger.

i heard the term waves of you @Tangwena and it fits great. waves that pile up. each 15/20 min i got a little boost, while the 'old' energy lasted. a very euphoric and emotional ride. a bit similar to mdma but not so uncontrollably strong.

i started making music and had a great session, had good ideas and a good emotional connection to it. and as i need a new kitchen design im thinking about for some weeks now, i came to the idea to lay on the floor to have a different perspecitve, haha :) a bit silly, but it was fun. the effect lasted to about 12pm/1am all the time different euphoric stages.. i still feel it a bit in the background comforting me rather than making me confused. i slept 8 hours straight with a great dreaming experience.

thats also a big plus point, i experience/remember my dreams when i chew. i dont, if i vape. maybe its related to the time of consume but i experienced crazy and nice dreams when i chewed.

so if i consume a 'full portion' the effect is about 6 hours and way stronger and at the same time clearer than smoking or vaping.

i checked my eyes in the mirror and they were red as hell.

all in all a great gift mr. @Tangwena .

thank you very much for your education, i hope you have a great time guys!
bless you, woohaaa! :)

ilovegrowing

just a short summary of pros and cons of consuming cob. feel free to add or critisize:

pros

- great effect
- very effective 0.2g for an intense 6 hour ride
- great to store, getting better with age
- very compact to store, take a lot with you in a small size
- fun to produce, like making a cheese or wine
- very stealth to consume, being high on it is maybe not so stealth anymore :)

cons

- takes some time to kick in, if you are used to a quick effect from smoking, maybe not a bad thing but different
- takes some time to let it age
- doesnt has the smell like burning incense
- taste is also maybe not for everyone, but i try to get it with a better grow and cure, maybe there is a lot of room to improve ( @Tangwena does your cob taste like the live plant, or the cured product?)
i dont mind much the taste. you really can taste that there is something with an effect is coming in your body, the thc acids or whatever are tingling in your mouth

Tangwena

Veteran
taste is also maybe not for everyone, but i try to get it with a better grow and cure, maybe there is a lot of room to improve ( @Tangwena does your cob taste like the live plant, or the cured product?)
Good on you for tying it brother.
The taste can be greatly improved by using the right plants and the curing technique.
My favorite cobs taste funky dry fruit / flowers. But even the over fermented cobs that taste a bit yuk can get you high as a kite.
The time taken for the high to come on is dependent on your smoking/vaping tolerance.
Stop smoking and vaping and you will quickly adjust to chewing.

I can feel the high coming on as I chew certain cobs.
The great thing is if you want to get tripped out high its just a matter of adjusting the dose or chewing blends of different strains cobs.
I get a shorter rushing euphoric high from chewing larger doses but spitting out the wad before it completely dissolves.
But be warned last time I did that I got so high so fast I completely forgot the plan to spit the wad out ha ha and ended up on the floor letting my mind free of my body for a couple of hours ha ha.

Go smoke free and by varying the dose and type of cob you can dial a high that lasts all day long.

Tangwena

Veteran
So far, this still evades me!!! So much to learn!!! :dunno: :dance:
Practice is the key I'm constantly trying to improve every aspect of my cobbing.
From the plants I grow to how I cure them.
Right now I'm enjoying cobs I made 10 months ago thats why I keep records of what I did when preparing the cure.
Perfection is hard to attain but easily recognizable by the smell and taste and lastly the high of course.
You will get there I'm sure, its the education process that produces the knowledge. Its not something easily attained, but then nothing worthwhile ever is is it?

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
You guys made my craving a lot.. So I decided to open a few bags…

UEL F5 Sativa Clone S1 x Komuani Landrace (The Mermaid is in the middle)
The smell improves a lot. It’s more sweet now but still kind of disgusting xD

IMG_5389.jpeg

Little closer

IMG_5395.jpeg

With flash

IMG_5394.jpeg

UEL F7 x Nepali IBL
IMG_5397.jpeg

Tangwena

Veteran
You guys made my craving a lot.. So I decided to open a few bags…

UEL F5 Sativa Clone S1 x Komuani Landrace (The Mermaid is in the middle)
The smell improves a lot. It’s more sweet now but still kind of disgusting xD

View attachment 18929440

Little closer

View attachment 18929441
With flash

View attachment 18929443

UEL F7 x Nepali IBL
View attachment 18929442
Ageing nicely.
Yesterday I tried a 3 way 50% of one cob and 25% of each of two other cobs.
Didn't feel as good as the previous 2 way mix but I got right out of my body and music was amazing.
I was able to fix some sore joints and muscles by manipulating and twisting my body during stretching exercises.
I love the deep Mulanje/Malawi trips I can rectify whats ailing me both physically and mentally good medicine for life.

ProfessorLefty

My first cobs are getting darker now that I added some moisture. I hope it has the same effect!

So I have a question about opening the bag before ferment? Should I let it dry out in one go after sweating? Or should I open it daily until it is desired moisture.

And is there a good way to determine moisture with a wood moisture meter???

View attachment 18929086

Ed Rosenthal wrote an article about using a wood moisture meter for curing:

https://cannabisnow.com/testing-moisture-content-marijuana/amp/

For cobs, I’m getting good results at higher moisture levels than Ed recommends (around 30% when cobbing up—drops to 20% after 3 months of curing)

ilovegrowing

But be warned last time I did that I got so high so fast I completely forgot the plan to spit the wad out ha ha and ended up on the floor letting my mind free of my body for a couple of hours ha ha.
haha, yeah, thats a good warning! :)
the desolving part is a bit tricky. happened to me too, but not with such a high dose. after some time of chewing the structure gets loose and you dont have a package anymore, more likely a powder, which easliy part by part finds the way into the stomach and zack you're into the world of : 'well, that didnt go as planned but i guess, thats the deal now' :)

led05

Chasing The Present
WOW go big or go home brother, nice loaf size cobs.
How many loafs did Jesus use to feed the masses ? That lot would feed a whole village ha ha.
Bound to get some killer results in that batch my friend.
Ha ! One of them is 688g; I think it’s this one - they all turned out quite well for how dry they were; I generally let the bag inflation or lack there of to tell me when I’ve decarbed enough ;)

IMG_0166.jpeg

IMG_0167.jpeg

IMG_0169.jpeg

@led05 Thanks for sharing, those are some mighty looking cobs there, I'm impressed! :) Here's hoping they turn out well, I suspect that they will!

Love the Turkish proverb too, thanks for that.

Cheers!
TY fine sir !

Here’s another

IMG_0171.jpeg

IMG_0172.jpeg

IMG_0173.jpeg

& another

IMG_0181.jpeg

IMG_0178.jpeg

IMG_0174.jpeg

I’m quite lazy, seeds, stem, fan leafs the whole shebang in there; it makes for less attractive finished product but it works the same

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present

ilovegrowing

just wow @led05 . i think that are the biggest chunks of cob i have ever seen. really impressive! can you tell us, what kind of strains did you cob? i can see one is labeled outdoor, but i cannot read the strains.

did you try them by now? and do you feel a difference in effect compared to other decarbed methods?

CDNINCA

Once again, I've learned something new from the great folks here... what the heck am I making many 1oz. cobs of the same strain for when apparently GIANT ones work too?? :) You have inspired me @led05, I've got some left to be cobbed and I think I'll try and make a fatty! :) I don't have pounds to work with, but I do have a couple of ounces or more... Cheers!
I know that a few smaller cobs allows one to make a few different versions, and I've got that covered, but I think I need to give a large one a go!
Cheers!

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
just wow @led05 . i think that are the biggest chunks of cob i have ever seen. really impressive! can you tell us, what kind of strains did you cob? i can see one is labeled outdoor, but i cannot read the strains.

did you try them by now? and do you feel a difference in effect compared to other decarbed methods?
Strains are a pure Sativa I’ve been working on for years, Sweet & Sour Diesel I made, Thelma x Mid 2000’s Chz I made & I forget the other, I haven’t tried any yet as they need to cure now a while, all are vacuumed sealed & in a 5G bucket where they’ll sit for a while until I stumble across them again :) - and many thx

IMG_0040.jpeg

Made a bunch of bubble recently too from 1+ year old aged flowers, it’s all full melt, turned out nice, enough for years to come… When WWIII begins I’m set for the next decade :ROFLMAO:

IMG_0007.jpeg

IMG_0039.jpeg

Tangwena

Veteran
Strains are a pure Sativa I’ve been working on for years, Sweet & Sour Diesel I made, Thelma x Mid 2000’s Chz I made & I forget the other, I haven’t tried any yet as they need to cure now a while, all are vacuumed sealed & in a 5G bucket where they’ll sit for a while until I stumble across them again :) - and many thx

View attachment 18933070

Made a bunch of bubble recently too from 1+ year old aged flowers, it’s all full melt, turned out nice, enough for years to come… When WWIII begins I’m set for the next decade :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 18933071

View attachment 18933072
Thats going to be some stella hash. Not made from fresh green resin but how it should be made from mature resin.
Its good to see someone using the old school methods brother aged the high is going to be other worldly.
Modern hash is nothing like what it should be. Love your spirit man a true canna connoisseur.

Latest posts

Latest posts