What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

romanoweed

Romano I've been trying to follow the drift of your writings here
in short: from my observation weed has changed, and this is a loong extended research and observation.
If thats not interesting to know, for you, then ok.

For me it means the world, or atleast the "drug world".
i cant smoke weed anymore really without getting bad effects..
once i could do that.
i cant have an ultimate drug experience nomore,
once i could.
also: nobody cant get that feling anymore, if we dont "exactly define" or in your words "hairsplit".. Why?
because nobody doesent even know such a thing existed , if nobody tells it existed..
Whyt existed you may ask..
Ultimate weed, that almost is lifechanging
Sideefectfree weed in the same time, thet doesent give one any anxiety at all, and i mean zero..

You might counter, "but i dont get anxiety, and i dont care for ultimate drug experiences"..
well, thats your right, and your style

but not mine..
weed HAS given me ultimate experiences, and has in smae time not given me anxiety.. probably you can for a secound try to imagine that ?
that its, well its not lifedpending important, but get it, i have spent 7 years hunting like an idiot for it, ust get it, thats what i want, and probably there are others that want that, and get it, im poor, and my reserch says the reason for the imho degeneration of weed is inbreeding depression, and at origin countries lack of selection, so it needs top dollar to actually keep a strain alife, to grow around 2000 plants..

So: if i WOULD be able to being taken seriously, or say, not questioned to the core, then a potential "elon musk" could read that, and wonder, hmm.. that sound interesting, i wanna help, i wanna preserve the old strains..
and get this: if i WOULD have the a still intact tripweed, even then.. then it would die incase nobody comes to work together, and preserve it.. because im ONE single man. i cant do all alone man..
especially not if im questioned to the core, and made look like a fool.. every single time i mention the facts that ther was once weed that gave the people ultimate experiences, with ero anxiety on top.. im not the only one who says this by the way, there are about 4, 5 hippies left that tell the same.. good luck to us preserving a strain with 2000 plants...
so,

Tangwena

Veteran
Harvested 213g of RQS Dance World (“mostly sativa” 1:1 CBD:THC). Dried it down over 3-4 days to 30% of harvest weight and cobbed up all but 9g in 34g pucks pressed in a handheld pasta maker (6 cobs total).

Wood moisture meter registered between 20% and 30% for the pre-sweat cobs.

At harvest, smells like lavender with a bit of pine and mango. Unfortunately not very fragrant (let it ripen a bit too long, plus it’s like 29 C in my grow space this time of year, lol), but we’ll see what cobbing does.

I’m sweating 4 of the cobs at various temps between 40C and 60C for 8 hours each, and aging the other 2 without sweating.

View attachment 18858828
Nice experiment on the various different ferments ect.
Interested to see what comes from that and any difference in looks, aroma textures ect.
Not to mention effects. I'm thinking of pressing candy bars and pucks myself in the future.
That pasta maker looks like an easy way to make them as well.

WingzHauser

Need bigger cob. Time to step it up guys

This is multiple steps above RSO, in my opinion. Pure, alive, free of contamination. Fermented to be more bioavailable. Including terpenes and other parts lost or damaged by many processes of refinement.
Must be the best thing for medical use.
I would bet.

Sounds very scientifical.

Beings that Cannabis experiences a climacteric rise in ethylene followed by a flush of co2 after harvest, it'll be exciting to see the actual science behind smoking intentionally rotted cannabis vs properly ripened cannabis. Everything interesting in Cannabis derives from pigments aminos or fatty acids. What can bacteria add other than than pigment protein or lipid enzymes? Maybe we should cure hash in a sheep's liver for CYP2C9?

I tend to doubt the veracity of most claims here. "Monitors for mold" translates "I smoke mold". Cannabis in my experience is a sickness preventative, unless there's something wrong with it. Run from those people hyping up and heir cannabis while telling you about their chronic sickness.

sneezydog

Good to be skeptical means brain is working. New things are formed in a cob. Thats for sure. What and how exactly is science for sure. I have no idea.
Now for mold... we got that bird in the bag already with test results showing none detected. Big deal this.
Most bud has some detected, so this fermentation is probably killing everything except itself to take the growing space, and the oxygen low environment helps. Similar to beer and wine, where the carboy is tightly plugged with an airlock.
A well sealed carboy will make good stuff, a badly sealed one will make all sorts of bad stuff. Any testing would be wonderful, send in some properly made cob with some "properly cured" bud of the same plant and show us the results! :):):):)

blondie

Cbd cob going down the hatch in a few.... I only was able to cob a few cbd . I might take my own advice soon and steam if needed.

Oddly, my cbd is flowering outside right now. Might not need to steam.

Edit: what size bite is about right for your tastes? I don’t think I should chow the entire thing...

Attachments

• 3DE5C9A1-1055-44D1-AA32-0C036304B4F6.jpeg
    3DE5C9A1-1055-44D1-AA32-0C036304B4F6.jpeg
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 6F728690-382E-4AE2-9873-130C629F4C19.jpeg
    6F728690-382E-4AE2-9873-130C629F4C19.jpeg
    524.8 KB · Views: 51

blondie

I myself would be more interested in the cyp450 family of enzymes which seem more relevant to this thread. Someone with this knowledge please take me to school...

Due to inflammation and vasculitis I have, I am wondering if vasoconstrictor type weed is what is causing aggravation of my condition. Also wondering if I may be having an unusual allergic reaction. Not all humans are carbon copies and some of us don’t fit neatly into statements with “100% “ in them.

Any rate, I “dropped” my cbd and oh the taste raw I find unappealing. Next one I’ll break up and toss in my salad. I hope I can hold a fishing pole and reel it again one day. I’m going to find tangwena and celebrate. HA HA. !

Tangwena

Veteran
smoking intentionally rotted cannabis vs properly ripened cannabis.
Its amazing watching that video on pipe tobacco my dad used to smoke such stuff and he loved it, not me ha ha.
As far as uncured properly ripened flower verses intentionally rotted cannabis it seems to be only the Western cultures that think its the way to go.
Older more experienced cultures had moved on from that centuries ago.
Sounds like evolution in reverse and yes Hash USED to be cured, now in line with western thinking its fresh, young and green (not in color) to match the "get it out the door asap" business type model.
Not knocking it mind you if its what you like its a free world.
Well that sayings as good as a lie these days ha ha.
Dont knock what you haven't tried it makes you sound ignorant and we all know your not.

Tangwena

Veteran
I myself would be more interested in the cyp450 family of enzymes which seem more relevant to this thread. Someone with this knowledge please take me to school...

Due to inflammation and vasculitis I have, I am wondering if vasoconstrictor type weed is what is causing aggravation of my condition. Also wondering if I may be having an unusual allergic reaction. Not all humans are carbon copies and some of us don’t fit neatly into statements with “100% “ in them.

Any rate, I “dropped” my cbd and oh the taste raw I find unappealing. Next one I’ll break up and toss in my salad. I hope I can hold a fishing pole and reel it again one day. I’m going to find tangwena and celebrate. HA HA. !
Not to knock your efforts but you only get out what you put in.
It would take you a very long time to grow cure and sample enough plants to find out which suites your condition.
Best of luck wish I could send you a selection of different strains to try to find out if any worked.
My Doctor asked me if I believed medical cannabis was any good. I said I hadn't got a clue as I only use it to get high not to treat any condition other than being straight.
I'm finding amazing results in blending different strains cobs.
I can tailor the high a lot better than the hit and miss effect of trying to grow the exact strain I want.
I think thats the way to go as far as dialing in the perfect effect.

ProfessorLefty

Cbd cob going down the hatch in a few.... I only was able to cob a few cbd . I might take my own advice soon and steam if needed.

Oddly, my cbd is flowering outside right now. Might not need to steam.

Edit: what size bite is about right for your tastes? I don’t think I should chow the entire thing...
In my experience, about 0.125 to .25 grams is a good dose (I think Tangwena said “about the size of a bean”, but I think that depends a little on what kind of bean, lol)

Tangwena

Veteran
when you vaccumseal the buds and want to no heat just let sit at the room temps 25-28C, after how many days you unseal the bag to dry the cob? you wait days till the color changes? or do you open it after a day or two and let dry?
This method can yield some of the best looking terpy cobs but can take weeks even months for the changes to occur.
A lot depends on the ambient temps its stored in and getting the initial moisture level of the buds right.
I have got my best results from my summer crops which are stored in warm 30 to 25c temps.
@Hombre del mont would be a good person to chip in as he gets good results using methods similar to this.
It all just takes longer this way but like most slow curing methods its well worth waiting IMO.

Just keep an eye on the color change initially once that starts then start drying/inspecting to regulate the cure.

Last edited: