What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

CDNINCA

Hello all,
Today was the unwrapping of the last batch of cobs that I made - one of the Northern Lights #5 and Malawi Gold, both from this years harvest. They have completed a week at 22C/ 72F, and they are now sealed up for the next stage. I shaped these to be a little more "stout" the way @Hombre del mont does his- something resonates about the form. I might need to get a PVC pipe the next time around? Anyway, here's a few pics, more to follow. Cheers!
The third image is the Northern Lights #5 cob, the fourth is the Malawi Gold.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0688.JPG
    IMG_0688.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0689.JPG
    IMG_0689.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0690.JPG
    IMG_0690.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 73

pitse

Hello there,this sounds so interesting but what if i use sugarcane bark ,sweat in oven at low temperatures and keep at room temperature for 7 days.

StickyBandit

That 4 month old vacuum packed KA5H kicked my ass the other day
I'm not much of a smoker but I've NEVER had weed like that before. I shouldn't have had the second bong!
After the first rip the room was brighter and when I talked it was like I was at a distance, listening to myself. After the second hit I wasn't sure whether I had just spoken or just thought of speaking! I probably shouldn't have had the bourbon first either :p
Not sure how I made it back to the house. A journey of at least 30 meters :)
My family was saying it feels like the first time they smoked, and they're not lightweights like me!

CDNINCA

I'm not much of a smoker but I've NEVER had weed like that before. I shouldn't have had the second bong!
After the first rip the room was brighter and when I talked it was like I was at a distance, listening to myself. After the second hit I wasn't sure whether I had just spoken or just thought of speaking! I probably shouldn't have had the bourbon first either :p
My family was saying it feels like the first time they smoked, and they're not lightweights like me!
From your description of the experience, I can't wait until I get to try the cobs that I have underway. They aren't the same cultivar as yours but I'm still looking forward to seeing how it is! Glad to hear that you made it back from your "journey"! :)

Tangwena

Veteran
Thats what you should shoot for every time you get high brother and bourbon oh yeah nice mix.

StickyBandit

I have a total of 0.5kg Killer A5 Haze down now. There's a few phenos of M x PCK down also for about 4 months now so we should be good for a while

P1010300.JPG P1010301.JPG P1010302.JPG P1010303.JPG

I just roll it in ziplock bag now and compact it by hand crushing before transferring to the vacuum bags. We'll see how it comes out but I'm pretty confident :)

Tangwena

Veteran
I have a total of 0.5kg Killer A5 Haze down now. There's a few phenos of M x PCK down also for about 4 months now so we should be good for a while

View attachment 18798284 View attachment 18798285 View attachment 18798286 View attachment 18798287

I just roll it in ziplock bag now and compact it by hand crushing before transferring to the vacuum bags. We'll see how it comes out but I'm pretty confident :)
Looking awesome man please post nice closeups when you next open them.

ProfessorLefty

Well, first cob of Ace Zamaldelica Auto is in the bag (literally). Took this one at a 50% of harvest weight, 43 hours drying at 60-65% rh and 25C

Going to take 3 more cobs at lower humidity levels

Edit: currently sweating for 24 hours at 104 F; next step is 1 week fermentation at around 85 deg F—can’t remember if I need to dry the cob & re-vac after sweating though

1672927128280.jpeg

1672927155519.jpeg

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Well, first cob of Ace Zamaldelica Auto is in the bag (literally). Took this one at a 50% of harvest weight, 43 hours drying at 60-65% rh and 25C

Going to take 3 more cobs at lower humidity levels

Edit: currently sweating for 24 hours at 104 F; next step is 1 week fermentation at around 85 deg F—can’t remember if I need to dry the cob & re-vac after sweating though

View attachment 18798692

View attachment 18798693
Cool. Yeah, once purrs done the sweat, open the bag and let the surface dry to the touch; this may take several hours depending on the moisture content. Once dry to the touch, seal it back up and then continue with the week's ferment.

Tangwena

Veteran
My first try cobbing had to be with some Golden Tiger!!
"Dried" 3 days at 60% rh, sweated at 30+ C for 16 hours and now opened to dry and reseal :canabis:

full

full

full

full

full

canary bud

full
That is going to cure nicely crazy good colors if it smells as good as it looks WOW!
Make sure to dry it nicely to keep the terps and color or it will ferment too much and loose the smell and colors but not the power ha ha.