What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Step 1 :love:

B943D92E-D252-4016-87B0-28F2198D6F3D.jpeg

Tangwena

Veteran
Yeah Indeed it offers a lot of possibilities :)

I totally believe it will be the best autumn of my Life

:cool:
Its seven hours since I chewed that piece of Mulanje cola bud and I'm still high as a kite. No sleeping until the early hours of the morning I'm thinking I'm wired ha ha.

I took some aged cob pics as I took chunks for my fishing trip its going to be a ripper.
One in particular is sinus clearing menthol in power once I broke the cob in half Oh Yeah!
I'll post them in the morning for breakfast in my hemisphere ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
I have had CBD pull me down from being too high off some smoke before.

Does CBD work to unwire you from the cob if you had to pull the E-Brake? Ever tried? Curious for my own experiments
We dont have easy access to those sort of products in Australia but I would like to know if it works.
Once the fire works are over its a pain staying up all night ha ha.
I have never thought of pulling the E break though more like hitting the gas if its that good I want to get higher ha ha.
I have found a second hit of the same cob puts me out after the 4 hour ride up but I wouldn't call it sleep more a coma ha ha.
Mostly I chew early in the morning so the effects have worn off by sleep time. But if your going out for a night out its great.
Thats the good thing about good sativas sleep is not an option ha ha. Deep trips into inner space yes but not sleep.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
It works with regular weed and its based on the thc and cbd relationship. I would think it has to work on cobbed sativas as well.
Regarding the "coma" i know prettywell about that. Smoke a 0.5g or more of swazi alone in a sitting or 2 of them in too quick succession and chances are I am going to lie down for a bit! :D

Onboard

xet

We dont have easy access to those sort of products in Australia but I would like to know if it works.
Once the fire works are over its a pain staying up all night ha ha.
I have never thought of pulling the E break though more like hitting the gas if its that good I want to get higher ha ha.
I have found a second hit of the same cob puts me out after the 4 hour ride up but I wouldn't call it sleep more a coma ha ha.
Mostly I chew early in the morning so the effects have worn off by sleep time. But if your going out for a night out its great.
Thats the good thing about good sativas sleep is not an option ha ha. Deep trips into inner space yes but not sleep.
You may be interested to know this then: take CBD before the cob/smoke then you get higher. Take the CBD after the cob/smoke then it reverses the high.

Tsk tsk tsk, all your seeds and no CBD strains

I would be curious to know what eating cobbed CBD is like an hour before dropping some of your Malawi ha ha
:ROFLMAO:

Onboard

that should do it perfectly. Just do the high temp for 12 hrs and the just leave it at 30 or so for a while. When you open it in several weeks time it'll be ready for drying I'm pretty sure.
Just do whatever feels right and all should be good.

Please take some photos though. Even though we can't be there to smell them, the photos help us all in our quest to improve our skills.

2nd dose of cob coming on strong now. Yippee!

Everything Hombre del mont said just bag them up and vacuum you will get a lovely cure going by what the others look like.
The cobs you have already look wonderful, its the fermented smells that keep me coming back for more, nice job brother.
Thank you for the kind input and words, Gentlemen! :smoke:

@Hombre del mont - right before writing this post (four hours ago :ROFLMAO:), I added my second piece of Baby Caledonia, then I got sidetracked and went for a hike, ha ha!

Sorry for my late reply, I took some much anticipated time off this week, and oh my - did time fly away! Luckily, the microbes seem to chug along tirelessly back home!

IMG_2454_cut.jpg

Another batch (my third) of Blue Dream (left), and Satori (right), about two weeks after sweat. Starting to feel 'not bone dry' to the touch, and the corn husks show it too. But no drying needed for now, so back into vacuum bags they go.
I was delighted to get a couple tall and sativa-leaning Satoris this time (which is rare these days), and the aromas of the cob are the typical passion/pear/mango tropical fruits. But this time also some sativa-type rotten or vomit tones, which is the first time in my cobbing history!

The aromas are really something else this time. In my previous batches, I found the term "sickly sweet" to be a very fitting description of the fermentation aromas. But this is the first time that the aromas really give me a sickly (to my somach almost) sweet! Just wonderful!

IMG_2456_cut.jpg

And some for the evening time, too: Chemdog (left) and Blue Cheese (right).

I don't know how well it is visible in the pictures, but to the naked eye, some cobs of this season almost seem to turn blond compared to the parent bud. Very pretty, IMO!

Oh yes, during a very brief break from smoking recently, I realized that indica buds are also awesome in cobbed form! Which is more than great because many indicas seem to have a rather short shelf life before fading.

At first I was a bit disappointed with the indicas cobbed, because they tend to lose their beloved funk aromas. But very soon after giving them a fair try, I realize that the funk is still there, it has just shifted a bit, more towards onion or even sweaty armpits. Doesn't sound very appealing maybe, but it is totally awesome IMO! And the desired nighttime effects are all there, and just as enhanced as I could ever imagine. A half-gram piece keeps me sleepy and asleep the whole night.
Much better so, than the borderline toxic doses of infused coconut oil that I have been ingesting nightly for years. But quit soon after I started eating cobs.
Ok, see you all soon! :dance013:

Mallitlahuani

Thanks for sharing, I totally love that silverish green!
What sort of weed is that? And what is that wrapper you are using?
Hey man, this is a cross I made between jack herrer and Jamaican, it’s a shorter more Jamaican dominant pheno. I like my cobs a bit more humid because they ferment faster that way, so they tend to change colors pretty dramatically after a month or so. I also don’t use temps higher than 32 or 34 at most, the wrapper is a banana leaf that has been dryed. In my opinion the banana leaf contributes different yeasts or bacteria which affect the smell and over all cure. Bamboo leafs are very interesting also. Here is one more cob that was cured with banana leaf, it was a more sativa leaning jack herrer pheno

7FE33BE3-3F44-4687-9057-AAAB9BC15731.jpeg

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
You may be interested to know this then: take CBD before the cob/smoke then you get higher. Take the CBD after the cob/smoke then it reverses the high.

Tsk tsk tsk, all your seeds and no CBD strains

I would be curious to know what eating cobbed CBD is like an hour before dropping some of your Malawi ha ha
:ROFLMAO:
This is very interesting indeed. Have you actually tried this yourself? I wonder if it would work using cbd oil instead of smoking it.

Sadly, I don't have the space to grow any cbd, it's all taken up with kick ass Sativas!, but getting some cbd oil is a distinct possibility

xet

This is very interesting indeed. Have you actually tried this yourself? I wonder if it would work using cbd oil instead of smoking it.

Sadly, I don't have the space to grow any cbd, it's all taken up with kick ass Sativas!, but getting some cbd oil is a distinct possibility
Yes, this is who I recommend as the best CBD in the world https://jollypondhemp.com/product-category/cbd-tinctures/

If you have joint pains, their salve is the best pain reliever I have ever in my life used.

Tangwena

Veteran
Thank you for the kind input and words, Gentlemen! :smoke:

@Hombre del mont - right before writing this post (four hours ago :ROFLMAO:), I added my second piece of Baby Caledonia, then I got sidetracked and went for a hike, ha ha!

Sorry for my late reply, I took some much anticipated time off this week, and oh my - did time fly away! Luckily, the microbes seem to chug along tirelessly back home!

View attachment 18741029
Another batch (my third) of Blue Dream (left), and Satori (right), about two weeks after sweat. Starting to feel 'not bone dry' to the touch, and the corn husks show it too. But no drying needed for now, so back into vacuum bags they go.
I was delighted to get a couple tall and sativa-leaning Satoris this time (which is rare these days), and the aromas of the cob are the typical passion/pear/mango tropical fruits. But this time also some sativa-type rotten or vomit tones, which is the first time in my cobbing history!

The aromas are really something else this time. In my previous batches, I found the term "sickly sweet" to be a very fitting description of the fermentation aromas. But this is the first time that the aromas really give me a sickly (to my somach almost) sweet! Just wonderful!

View attachment 18741030
And some for the evening time, too: Chemdog (left) and Blue Cheese (right).

I don't know how well it is visible in the pictures, but to the naked eye, some cobs of this season almost seem to turn blond compared to the parent bud. Very pretty, IMO!

Oh yes, during a very brief break from smoking recently, I realized that indica buds are also awesome in cobbed form! Which is more than great because many indicas seem to have a rather short shelf life before fading.

At first I was a bit disappointed with the indicas cobbed, because they tend to lose their beloved funk aromas. But very soon after giving them a fair try, I realize that the funk is still there, it has just shifted a bit, more towards onion or even sweaty armpits. Doesn't sound very appealing maybe, but it is totally awesome IMO! And the desired nighttime effects are all there, and just as enhanced as I could ever imagine. A half-gram piece keeps me sleepy and asleep the whole night.
Much better so, than the borderline toxic doses of infused coconut oil that I have been ingesting nightly for years. But quit soon after I started eating cobs.
Ok, see you all soon! :dance013:
Beautiful work brother thats a lovely lovely color and good to see the buds that made it for comparison.
I had a friend online in the UK who made big slabs of Indica buds cob style he loved the effects also and its a great way to store the buds long term.
I think I might need to grow some Indica to use as night time meds after reading all the great info you guys posted overnight my time.
Ha ha thats the effects I like suddenly finding something amazingly interesting to do love it.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey man, this is a cross I made between jack herrer and Jamaican, it’s a shorter more Jamaican dominant pheno. I like my cobs a bit more humid because they ferment faster that way, so they tend to change colors pretty dramatically after a month or so. I also don’t use temps higher than 32 or 34 at most, the wrapper is a banana leaf that has been dryed. In my opinion the banana leaf contributes different yeasts or bacteria which affect the smell and over all cure. Bamboo leafs are very interesting also. Here is one more cob that was cured with banana leaf, it was a more sativa leaning jack herrer pheno

View attachment 18741080
Nice work my friend love the mix of strains and good feed back on the temps that is what this thread is about sharing information bring it on.

Latest posts

Latest posts