What's new

Malawi indoor/outdoor grow. New Zealand

hey kiwi take a hammock,you gonna need it with those trees:biggrin::plant grow:im on your malawi side and i wish you the best

cheers mate, they'd be proper trees on a better season :biggrin:

Sad that these are guerilla so I cannot watch them grow.

DSC01600.jpg

Here's some Taskenti hash I made last night. 90% Uzbek,10% malawi.

Just the simple bubble bag method, first time making it but I'm gonna get my dad to show me to get powder instead of clumps. hard drying it in 80%+ humidity.

Visiting the girls today, be sure to come back soon :biggrin:

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Kiwi mines usually golden yellow colour, must be the taskenti, how much bud did it take to make that much? You must have had a full days labor to make so much. Very impressed.
Tangwena

Only half or a third a shopping bag(supermarket size) of trim, Taskenti get visible frost on the fan leaves 3 weeks in! frostiest strain I've grown and looks to be a pure hash making strain. to anyone who loves hash plants and reads this, try Taskenti from Cannabiogen.

Anyway here's the malawi's boosted onto flower in the last 8 days...
DSC01648.jpg DSC01609.jpg DSC01606.jpg DSC01608.jpg screen in position and am amazed at the rate of growth in hydro compared to the soil plants ive been

I was starting to lose hope in them but was happily surprised to see them into flower today, weather has picked back up again today at 26+ degree day and a 16 low lastnight which is primo for mid march.

I'm thinking early June? I'm pushing my luck past end of may.. average of 16 in the day and 6 overnight in June.

Gelado`

Veteran
I definitely need to get some bubble bags! Do you have a whole set or just a couple of bags?

I get the 3 bag set, 75 and 25 microns is all you need really.
Got 2 buckets today and am going to make more hash properly with buds and 100's of grams of trim saved up.

Tangwena

Veteran
Way to go Kiwi, that taskenti sure gives a lot, that is a lot of resin for what you put in. What is the high like?
Your Malawi are showing good now you might just make your date, fingers crossed for a late summer in your part of the world.
Cant wait for your next hash run very good yield I am mightily impressed.

Tangwena

Cheers mate, like a calming relaxed in the eyes high and slowly moves down the chest. Mixes well with bong rips and taste nice and smooth not like afghani hash. Uzbekistan genetics is a similar to afghanistan but improved taste and high.

Hopefully the season goes good till mid may, might be a little stretched to get to june but I do live in one of the warmer parts of NZ. Any further south and I'd be more worried.

boobman

Hi Kiwi:

I am back in canada and I am enjoying the cool crisp weather. So many Australians on the plane were heading up to Whistler to snow board! I finished my job contract in Australia and I don't think I am getting another one so it looks like it may be come back to Canada and enjoy the summer! Growing season is here! well almost.

I am working on a design for a stealth grow bag that has a strap so that you can hang it from a fence or a tree branch or you can tack it to a tree. Made out of 100% biodegradable burlap/hessian. We're going to test it out on another forum. If you want me to send you a couple to try out, let me know. I haven't got them yet though. WOn't have them til May. You can also grow regular plants in them. I was thinking blueberries! They are going to be army green colour for stealth.

Have a good day man.

Hey man sounds awesome, are going to grow MJ plants in them?.

What strains are you planning on growing outside this year mate?

Here's some more hash Tang..
DSC01678.jpg

DSC01680.jpg

Tangwena

Veteran
Wow I am def coming over to NZ. If my bush grow survives the feral animals this winter I will def give the bags a go. I normally just do dry sift and then oil from the pop corn buds, but I think I will give the bubble bags a go now.
I cant think of anything nicer than roaming the mountains high as a kite, your a lucky man kiwi.
Tangwena

boobman

Can you guys educate me on what bubble bags are and what they are used for? I'm thinking they're used to catch the frost off the bud?

Kiwi, I ordered in all those strains that you told me to get to grow in the bush of australia and then my job finished and I didn't another job offer so I went back to Canada. So then I ordered a boat load of seeds for growing here. You would be shocked at how low the prices are for weed. Indoor only goes for 1200. One guy I knew only got 850. Shocking. And outdoor will get you half that no matter what the strain.

But if I get a job offer in Australia I can go back there and grow out those strains. We'll see what happens for me over the next month.

My stealth grow bags should really help keep animals off of the plants. I only have one size right now though and that is about a 6 gallon size. Long bag at 18 inches long by 9 inches wide with sides 18 inches long by 8 inches wide. With a carrying strap that can be hung up in the tree branches, tied to some army para chord which holds 550 pounds or 215 kg. So it dangles and no possum or squirrel can climb down the chord to chew on the plant or it could be hung on a fence in your yard if you have a legal growing permit. Depends where you are on the planet. But the bag is 100% bio degradable. When I have them in hand I will send you some for you to try out. I want to grow both blueberries as well as pot plants.

Wow I am def coming over to NZ. If my bush grow survives the feral animals this winter I will def give the bags a go. I normally just do dry sift and then oil from the pop corn buds, but I think I will give the bubble bags a go now.
I cant think of anything nicer than roaming the mountains high as a kite, your a lucky man kiwi.
Tangwena

Sweet as man, NZ is awesome for nature adventurers.
I've shot my first stag recently in an out of it place, spotted some hash and tripped out looking at the stars - you can almost see galaxies from there.
How do you do dry sift? bubble bags are good but are a pain to use and annoying to clean.

Anyway here's the Malawi coming along quite nicely. It sure is a late summer here Tang, getting nothing under 11 degrees at night and getting 25 and a 27 day tomorrow.

DSC01758.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

DSC01799.jpg

DSC01800.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01801.jpg
    DSC01801.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 13
One last pic
DSC01801.jpg

I have a lot of yellowing leaves through the plant, anyone have any ideas to what it is? Nitrogen deficiency?.
I still have a lot of vine hoppers on the plant which could be doing it too.

Anyone have any estimates to when they will finish? seem to be powering into flower now.

Can you guys educate me on what bubble bags are and what they are used for? I'm thinking they're used to catch the frost off the bud?

Kiwi, I ordered in all those strains that you told me to get to grow in the bush of australia and then my job finished and I didn't another job offer so I went back to Canada. So then I ordered a boat load of seeds for growing here. You would be shocked at how low the prices are for weed. Indoor only goes for 1200. One guy I knew only got 850. Shocking. And outdoor will get you half that no matter what the strain.

But if I get a job offer in Australia I can go back there and grow out those strains. We'll see what happens for me over the next month.

My stealth grow bags should really help keep animals off of the plants. I only have one size right now though and that is about a 6 gallon size. Long bag at 18 inches long by 9 inches wide with sides 18 inches long by 8 inches wide. With a carrying strap that can be hung up in the tree branches, tied to some army para chord which holds 550 pounds or 215 kg. So it dangles and no possum or squirrel can climb down the chord to chew on the plant or it could be hung on a fence in your yard if you have a legal growing permit. Depends where you are on the planet. But the bag is 100% bio degradable. When I have them in hand I will send you some for you to try out. I want to grow both blueberries as well as pot plants.

Yeah the ice agitates the resin heads off the leaf and collect at the bottom through the screen which collect different grades eg. 23,53 and the 73 micron bags will all have different grades of hash.

What strains did you order in again?
I wouldn't even grow weed to sell if I lived over there, way too much effort for little return. I'm not selling Malawi or Panama either, if anyone wants some it can be $400 an ounce lol :biggrin:

Tangwena

Veteran
way to go kiwi you are an out doors man too, I have just planted my winter clones they were 350mm to 400mm in hight and showing preflowers since I had them on 12hrs light for the last 2 weeks.
I have 28c days and 20c nights and the day light is 12hrs on the dot. I am just worried about feral goats at the moment, i may have to go shooting myself ha ha.
i have 2 zamaldelica, 2 malawi (ace) fem, and 2 Mulangi gold all females. Roll on August I say they should be ready by then.
Yours have a way to go yet, may be 2 more months at least.
The dry sift I make is over a silk screen, just roll the dried heads around roughly and you get lovely golden trichs that fall through the silk screen, they stick together by themselves then QWISO to make the oil.
Plant looks cool dont worry about a few yellow fan leaves thats normal in my opinion at this stage of the grow. Fingers crossed for you mate.
Tangwena

Cheers, yeah definitely an outdoors mate.
Good to hear about your outdoor plants, can't wait to see them! awesome genetics too.
Is the Zamaldelica fem? its going to be vicious without the Thai to calm things down ha!.
I wish I could join you on the goat cull, they love marijuana, maybe do some cages around them?. The dry sift sounds good.
It looks like a lot of yellow leaves, probably from the vine hoppers I'd say. I agree, harvest in early june I think.