What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi growing question

grayeyes

This is the second time I have grown Malawi. First time was indoors. Now I am growing outside and although in week 15 I am not seeing much in the way of tricomes. I have seen pictures of people getting crazy white heads on these but so far very little in tricome production. Am I just early or is this something that happens with Malawi?

Thanks

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I'm not really familiar with that strain so I can't really answer the question other then to caution you against setting your expectations on other people's grows even if it's with the same strain. There are all sorts of ways to enhance the quality of buds during the growing process and if you don't know everything those other growers are doing and you can confirm you're doing the exact same thing then really you're comparing apples to oranges even though it's the same strain. You'd be better served to limit your comparisons to just your previous grows. Also consider this, when growing indoors were artificially adjusting the light period in an attempt to mimic outdoors (unless you're adjusting the time of the light period based on actual sunrise and sunsets). Being actually in the outdoors though things can be quite different, plus there are other factors that come into play outdoors that are often not present in an indoor environment that might effect resin production.

As long as you're providing the best conditions you know to provide within what you can control there's probably not much you can do to change things anyway. I would say just stay the course, keep doing what you know to do and your crop will most likely turn out good even if slightly different from your indoor grow.

JockBudman

Am doin some zamaldelica f2s the now, from a line ah made that's Malawi dominant. Two of them had no trichs at all at 11 weeks of flowerin but have gained a load in the last few weeks.

If you're doin outside an it's 15 weeks since plantin, then you've likely still got a way to go. Some Malawi can go 20 or so flowerin ah hear, so ah wouldn't worry just yet.

Latest posts

Latest posts