What's new

Malawi Gold x Santa Marta Colombian Gold

indifferent

Veteran
While this strain tested my patience, it was well worth it in the end. It is hands down the best strain I have smoked in my life. It reminded me of being 13 and getting high for the first time. It made me realize that indicas are extremely boring. Sure, indica buds are dense and compact,and they flower quicker, but they are lacking in the high, smell, and taste.

I know that BH will be very pleased that he turned ya onto the joys of a sativa!

The Incense and Pepper will be from the Colombian, I know the smell/taste of that lumbo BH had very well and it always reminded me of pepper, incense, nuts and cedar.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by indifferent, I really enjoyed this strain, and am no longer intimidated by long flowering times. I really recommend every grower grow at least one pure equatorial Sativa in their lifetime. They can get in a few indica harvests while they wait, so it works out pretty well, IMO.

I will definitely grow his genetics again in the future, especially his Sativas. He is greatly missed here.

bigherb

Veteran
Hey bigherb, thanks for stopping by.

Yeah, this is just one pheno with characteristics of both parents. In veg, the leaves were very wide, yet jagged, similar to, yet completely different, from Indica leaves. As the plant got older the leaves slimmed down to very thin long classic sativa leaves, yet in flowering, she then switched all her leaves to just 3 leaflets.

My good friend dkmonk grew the same genetics outdoors and I believe has a thread on here somewhere. They grew into monsters, yet we never got to experience them as they were discovered by Deer Hunters shortly before harvest.

In my particular pheno, the taste was more Tropical Dank Lemon mixed with Pepper, than actual incense. It did have a floraly "piffy" taste that can be found in NY Haze, but it wasn't the main flavor.

This cross was made using Elevator Man's African Seeds Malawi Gold, and British Hempire's Brazilian Seed Co. Santa Marta Colombian Gold.

On a side note, British Hempire's indica hybrids are amazing. All of them aside from La Nina x Widow Haze finished in September.

thankyou for the report

interested too hear about the taste/aromas of the other phenos

i lov the parents in the cross if i had the opportunty to breed this is the route i would take ,the cross sounds like somthin id lov to hav in my jar ur description of effects is most desirable and the taste sounds delicious

sorry to hear about dkmonk incident ,as long as she is well

i dont think soo but ,does the BSC still operate or offer strains ?

the colombians strains are somthin i always desired ,especially santa marta colombian gold

the la nina Xwidow haze sounds intriguing ,id lov to hear a smoke report on her

indifferent

The Incense and Pepper will be from the Colombian, I know the smell/taste of that lumbo BH had very well and it always reminded me of pepper, incense, nuts and cedar

thanks brotha this is highly desirable id lov to hav that in my jar

1luvbigherb

indifferent

Veteran
hiya bigherb, if i come across any colombian gold seeds I'll be in touch, can't think of anyone who would appreciate em more.

I'm not sure if BSC are still around or not, they had a tripod site and tripod closed. Try googling 'Luiz Fritzman Brazilian Seed' or something similar, you might find out some more, I know Luiz had some bad health problems a couple of years ago, hope he is doing well these days.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
It is my personal belief that we as the Cannabis Community should make our own hybrids with Landrace Genetics, rather than depend on what's already out there.

I can only imagine the possibilities if I would have crossed her with an Indica. I'm sure some phenos would be out of this world, and nothing like the Dutch skunk hybrids.

I also would like to mention that everyone that smoked this strain enjoyed it, especially older smokers who remember the old Sativas. Many said things along the lines of "I haven't had this type of high in a long time". Even Indica snobs who had never experienced a tropical Sativa were blown away by the flavor and high.

bigherb

Veteran
hiya bigherb, if i come across any colombian gold seeds I'll be in touch, can't think of anyone who would appreciate em more.

I'm not sure if BSC are still around or not, they had a tripod site and tripod closed. Try googling 'Luiz Fritzman Brazilian Seed' or something similar, you might find out some more, I know Luiz had some bad health problems a couple of years ago, hope he is doing well these days.

truly touching

thanks for the info most appreciated

much respect

1luvbigherb

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Thanks guys for all the kind words. It just goes to show that anyone can grow an amazing strain.

As I said, before this I had never grown such a long flowering strain. I used to think 12 weeks flowering was long, but with this, I feel I am ready for anything.

Right now I'm busy with some pure Indica hybrids but after that I'm going to try some more pure tropical Sativas and maybe some hybrids to get me through the wait.

dkmonk

If you would like to see more pics of the same strains sisters look in my photo gallery the casey jones x spg x deep chunk pics are in there too, if any of you are interested in seeing these.

keyplay

ICMag Donor
I just have to chime in and say I appreciate your efforts , bro.
I have a fascination with the sativas and will be making strides to have some exotics going by next year.Thanks again

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
I love sativa strains, but ever since I moved to indoor, I've had to renounce them.. they need the sun, artificial light just won't cut it.

The Revolution

Veteran
Thanks for sharing tetra! I too am a sativa lover. Especially the pure sativas, and older varieties. I have many SMCG Seeds, and have been brainstorming some hybrids of my own. Even plan to experiment a bit with an AUTOFlowering variety x SMCG. I have many other pure sativas in my collection. I like your idea of making new F1 hybrids from landrace and pure sativa genetics. We need to refresh the genepool, and actually improve it. Right now there is a lot of the same genetics being passed around and crossed amongst similar varieties over and over... Resulting in the same boring herb. Variety is key, and we have to make sure all of them and their traits are preserved. Take care brother. If anyone knows where to get these Malawi x SMCG, or any Pure malawi seeds, especially african seeds plz shoot me a pm.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Hey Tetra and everyone,

Those plants look great, tetra. I love the long flowering nature of sativa plants because the high is almost always worth the wait. That smcg should add something to the malawi. I hope people start playing around a bit more with african genetics in the future here. Seems to be one of the last really untapped genetics sources on the planet left.

I've played around a bit with afropips malawi gold and some of his nigerian seed. For me, I've found that they don't seem to like to be grown indoors. I will be starting the last of my malawi gold seed here in a couple of months as well as the rest of the nigerian seed I have. I am currently growing afropips malberry (malawi gold x blueberry) and it's in week 11 right now. I'm thinking this plant will need at least another 3 weeks to finish properly.

Some pics:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The plant above is surprisingly very short in stature and the internodes are all very close together. Smell? Like straight up blueberry. I even had a good friend come by to look at my garden and when she came across this plant, she said "What is this? Is this blueberry? It smells just like blueberries. You should hold onto this one."

Of course, I didn't take any clones. I did save the best malberry male I found from this current seed run though! The other malberry plants I have running at the moment don't have as strong a smell as this one, so I'll have to do something to try to save it or just make a bunch of seed and pray.

HB.

JACKBAYBEH

This is a great thread. Would love to get my hands on some of those Malawi/SMCG beans. The high sounds killer! Good show Tetra :tiphat:

wingdings

Veteran
Hey tetra I accidentally neg replied you just scrolling with my tablet. My bad. Loving the Malawi. I just put two Malawi x Trainwreck/Nevs Haze into flowering today. Excited to watch them grow