What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi and more from ACE

RubbaDub

Malawi X (Cape Verde/Mali)?

Malawi X (Cape Verde/Mali)?

Hi Dubi,

I was going through the Ace forum at UK 420 and saw a post about some of your older Malawi crosses. Whatever happened to the Malawi X (Cape Verde/Mali)? Here's what it says about that one:

"Cape Verde/Mali is an inbred sativa line. Very aromatic, powerful, resinous and good yielding.
The Malawi X (Cape Verde/Mali) hybrid produces very vigorous sativa plants of medium size that can be grown indoors, flowering in about 12 weeks from seed. The hybrid is producing some of the best sativa smokes of the year: very powerful, clean and funny experience that produces easy laugh. We are still working to offer the best phenos from the hybrid in future catalogues."

Sounds really cool. Is this one a thing of the past? Please tell us more, uncle dubi!

:smile:

Rubbadub

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
RubbaDub said:
Hi Dubi,

I was going through the Ace forum at UK 420 and saw a post about some of your older Malawi crosses. Whatever happened to the Malawi X (Cape Verde/Mali)? :smile:

Rubbadub

Cape Verde X Mali came from mano negra, very powerful sativa. The malawi X cape verde/mali cross was very nice but we are working on other malawi african crosses, malawi x thai too and the malawi inbreeding project.

pebble

Veteran
greetins & love :wave:
2 days ago did 2º transplant ;)
(if i dont get wrong) asian lines have thick roots, but not much roots
haze and Angola have fine roots, but much roots… if i remember next transplant i will pic them

Haze 23, tiene un poco de clorosis ferrica.. creo que por el pH del agua de riego, me imagino que al transplantarla se recuperara, pero por si acaso, la he empezado a controlar el pH del riego (has some chlorosis ferric .. I believe that by the pH of irrigation water, I imagine that the transplant will recover, but just in case, I started to control the pH of irrigation)
sativa power!

pebble

Veteran
asian lines
Thai Koh Chang, from Koh Chang island
like all island lines, resist all coast problems

Vietnam Nah Trang, from Nah Trang town

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Hola hermano!! Espero que rapido se recuperen y no den problemas! Esos cruces van a ser muy buenos!

Un abrazo Pebble, Dubi, Charlie!! & co!

pebble

Veteran
buenos dias hermano!!
se miman como bebes.. jejejejej
mucho amor y mucha salud para ti y los tuyos!!
pd: echale un vistazo al post en "Español (Spanish)" jejejejeej ;)
ayer me fue imposible localizarte.. luego a una hora mas decente, lo vuelvo a intentar ;)

pebble

Veteran
hi :wave:
i have all this, but i dont know the rigth %

perlite
vermiculite
clayey soil (ore)
coco
and home's worm compost ;)

(perlita
vermiculita
tierra arcillosa (mineral)
coco
y humus de lombriz casero ;))

what % yu will like???
(sorry if translation is not to good..)
thank yu all, peace & love

C

charlie garcia

hola Pebble,

In pots or directly into soil?

In general take in account perlite, vermiculite and coco work for the soil texture but are not nutrients themselves. You can always mix perlite, vermiculite and worm castings in same amount, maybe 15% each but all depends on several things, lenght of growth, temps and so but should work very well initially. Wormcastings with this will make them grow so healthy. You can put it directly into soil mix or make a tea with it to water plant hole or pot later.

You can also use several different percentages/amounts in different holes and take conclusions later about best one for your place.

buena suerte/good luck

Last edited:

pebble

Veteran
muy buenas Charlie!
thank yu very much for the information ;) they ar now in pots... some will go to directly in to soil... (i did pics of the Vietnam Black and Meao Thai male, but they didnt go good... camera problems, i think in the day ligth i will not have this problems)
i did put: 4/22 of perlite, 4/22 vermiculite, 4/22 clayey soil (ore) and 4/22 coco
and 6/22 home's worm compost ;) or a little more..
i did ad too worm compost and bat guano in the top of the pot

what yu will put on directly in soil?? cuales te gustan mas?? ;) jejejeje habiamos pensado en la Malawi y la Vietnam Black.. que opinas?

a la H23 y la Vietnam Nah Trang, las he trasplantado, pq veia que no se recuperaban... les he quitado toda la tierra que he podido y les he puesto de esta mezcla, me ha gustado mucho, tiene muy buen color.. a la Malawi y a la Meao Thai les ha gustado mcuho.. y a la Orient Express que tenia unas hojas un poco amarillas, se ha recuperado este fin de semana... buena señal ;)
un abrazo!! salud y amor

C

charlie garcia

I dont know which one better :) Whichever is fine. As you say they must react quick to new soil and turn darker. Most of those lines will do the same and will need same nutes aprox, some will drink more than others but basically same type and amount of nutrients. As I said before depends a lot of growing conditions, clima, temps and growth ratio you want and so to find best balance. btw saw some plants into soil in ur garden and looked marvellous over there.

A quick look at them will tell you, so its just reading well what plants tell you.

best luck

pebble

Veteran
muy buenas Charlie :wave:
thank yu very much for yur time, jah bless yu
Vietnam Nah Trang is healthy again and H23 is goin the same way ;) i love that mix!! thank yu bocil too
Meao Thai love too that soil, star to grow fast :jump: Kaiki, im like a boy with new shoes.. lol
here the 2 new babys ;)
Meao Thai

Vietnam Black

pebble

Veteran
hi all :wave:
Panama ;)

what a beautifull strain... i love ACE & CannaBioGen work, great breeders
peace & love to one & all

B

bocil

Hey Pebble stay pretty the Panama´s,is a good´s work from ACE SEEDS. :headbange

pebble

Veteran
hi famili and all :wave:
yea Bocil, good & pretty work ;)
African lines:
Angola

im in love with Malawi.. outside the pot, in the bottom, a bunch of roots

Haze lines:
Haze 19

Haze 23, se esta recuperando poco a poco.. she is gettin well little by little

Thai lines:
Meao Thai, is gettin purple lines in the trunk :smile:

Thai Koh Chang

Vietnam lines:
Vietnam Black

Vietnam Nah Trang

im in love with that sativas :jump:
im lookin fi a place, somewhere, to put in mother soil, the first ones Malawi and Vietnam Black... but probably, all of them will be ina few days ;)
peace and love

Last edited:

rasjano

hi bro...pebble you got there the "Sativas Festival" :muahaha: :muahaha:....wath sativa its more "hedionda"...
un abrazo desde chile
rasjano

Latest posts

Latest posts