What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi 12/12 from seed

subrovka

love the detail you put into your grow log...
nice work!
quick question.. you didnt see any nanners from flowering straight from seed?
didnt find any seeds?
grüße aus dem noch warmen spanien!
peace

hey sorry for the late response..
I had some seeds here and there but didn´t see naners..probably there were some single nanners inside the buds, but it´s very few.
grüße zurück aus dem verregneten Norden : )

I take it they were grown from old Killer Malawi reg seeds. I have some new fem seeds going. Do you think these are really 10-13 week finishers?

..never had the fem Malawis but I´d say it´s more like 12-14 weeks but depends also very much on your light schedule..in my case I wasn´t able to give them less than 12h/d the last weeks (hybrid plants in the same tent..) which makes them shoot new pistills over and over again, they could take easily 16 weeks under 12/12 i guess..

@ LostTribe I think it was already too late for spraying against the mites..I use to use Acequinocyl (Kanemite) as active agent against mites, pretty new but it works best..one application appeals about 6 weeks

:tiphat:

ps.
here´s how she (P#2 the one from the balcony) looks after 5 weeks of curing:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
The Malawi is definitely a quality smoke and in fact has yielded the best results of my growing since I started growing again, both in quality and quantity, and at 12/12 from seed too !
In fact if I have any complaints about the Malawi it would be for two things, first, it does have the unfortunate tendency to make me nauseous if I overindulge, the classic "green out", one of the very few strains to have this effect on me Hawaiian snow being another one, and second after smoking on the Malawi all other strains just don't seem to have the "oomph" anymore and I find myself rolling up another joint of Malawi !

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats again subrovka for your second Malawi harvest :yes:
The flowers, hash and rosin look killer! Thanks for sharing your experience, and sorry for not replying before, i was travelling when you posted the pics of your second round and i didn't see your posts.

It's a pitty that the spider mites still remain in your indoor garden .... the cleaning and sealing properly the indoors access and ventilation in and outs is a must to avoid external plagues. Once they are inside it's quite difficult to get rid of them, you can use abamectine while plants are in veg to eliminate them, usually 2 abamectine applications (the first one, and after 10 days the second one) are enough to kill all the spider mites.

Hope you keep the Malawi genetics in clone form for the future!
Best wishes for upcoming grows! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi aphrodisia,

I'm glad to know that our Malawi has produced the best quality and yield you have had indoors :)

True, you made 2 very good points. Malawi Killer phenos are so strong that can make you faint (even to the harder smokers) if you smoke too much, and after a good Malawi joint, the rest of the weeds will seem weak! :biggrin:

Buddle

Veteran
Great report Sub. Too bad @ the spider mites. You can cleanse the buds with Liquid Ladybug before harvest for a better end result. your hash collection looks deadly :) In a good way.

grayeyes

I know this is an old post. but if you are having trouble with bugs like thrips or mites mix hydrogen peroxide with water 50/50 and spray your plants with it every other day. For sever infestations it may take a week or so before you see improvement. But it works and can be used on flower.