What's new

Making seeds?

oldnooby

I need a little help with the right way to make some seeds without pollenating my whole plant/room. I have a male of the right strain outside and would like to make some seeds with a great female I have inside. Anyone care to help?

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
I remove the females I want to pollinate from the room, pollinate them, let them sit for a day or two, and then hose them down very well before bringing them back into the room. Even with that, you'll get a seed or two at random, pollen just carries along on anything.

montehierba

Get a q tip soak it in water then rub it on the pollen sack then gently slice a drop of water through the stick and aim for the white hairs let the drop now soak the lil tender flower.has always done it for me without getting my girls polluted.wet pollen is fun to work with and safe way to do it.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
I need a little help with the right way to make some seeds without pollenating my whole plant/room. I have a male of the right strain outside and would like to make some seeds with a great female I have inside. Anyone care to help?

U can keep the male in with your females under 12/12 right up to the early maturation of the male flowers with not much danger ....then move to a segregated area far & away as u can from flower room & remain on 12/12 until they start to drop pollen . You won't need to need many branches left on this male to get plenty of pollen so trim away most of the lower branches .

As the male flowers open go in with a small tipped artist's paint~brush and a small catch pan ...i like to use the round plastic casings that colored electrical tape comes in @ Home Depot. Now place catch tray ( could even be a matchbox)under and tap the opened male flower catching the pollen into it .

Once u've collected even a small dusty layer of pollen shud be enough to transfer into the flower room & using the artist's brush dabbed into the pollen , just selectively paint the pollen on the branch of mid-developed flower colas & tie a ribbon on with label etc. Be dam sure not to have any fans on while doing this & just do it gingerly & delicately . A few seeds will show up on some other branches but generally its pretty sure proof & selective .

Keep the male only as long as needed then spray-wet down & chop/dispose so that pollen doesnt spread thru ducts & attics into ur flower room . One male plant can pollenate a few acres of females up to 3miles away!

make those beans & save the best !

oldnooby

One other question. How long does it take for the seeds to get ripe? My female that I want to breed is about three weeks from chop.

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
You can save the pollen. You should try to sift it so you've JUST got pollen then you can refrigerator or freeze in an airtight jar.

*mr.mike*

You'll want to wait at least four weeks for seeds to get mature enough. Five would be better.

You can let a (AF) plant go to 11 weeks without much problem.

d1ff1Ko1t

Very informative thread! Exactly how long after pollination am i rinsing the females with water? a couple of hours or a couple of days?

raz1012

I'd give it a couple days then rinse.. If its possible I would just put it in a room seperate from any other females just to definitively make sure there is no other accidental pollination.

masque

hi, i got a question, which day should I pollenate to get the most seeds from AF plant? I was thinking about 40-45 day.