What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making my perfect SOG strain.

Happy Times

Another thing worth considering, could be GSC dominant hybrids. The Cookies gene pool gave birth to the phrase "micro nug syndrome" because of their extreme quality, yet pitiful yields compared to many other more commercial strains. The Cookies lines generally make up for flower size with bud density. It's just how they grow. However, those micro nugs create a great opportunity for SOG plants simply because you have an upright growth profile with flowers that stay small, allow for air flow, and stack fairly well if the light height is constantly adjusted to maintain equal spacing between internodes as the plant grows.

This could provide you with a completely different style of flowers than what currently dominates your market and still be compatible with SOG.

dank.Frank

I like that Cookies micronug SOG idea!

Hydro8

I would go with the Black Domina. Love that stuff !

I also like Franks idea on the sativa hybrid, but thoughts of a SOG of pure sativas came to my head.. I might have to try that one of these days !

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fwiw - one of my all time favorite indica flowers, probably the 3rd most potent I've ever smoked, was made by Peat. He crossed a Nirvana White Rhino x Sour Bubble Bx3. Called it Sour Rhino and it was the only jar I reached for when it was around.

1. Herijuana
2. SFV OG x '88 G13/HP (yes Bodhi gear, that male is a stud)
3. White Rhino x Sour Bubble
4. Bubba Kush

Top 4 super narcotic lines I've experienced.

Doesn't always have to be something "fancy" to be surprisingly good. Out of what you listed, I'd go with the Rhino. I don't have those albums anymore, but here is a couple phenos from when Phillthy ran the same line:

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank

Last edited:
Frank frekin killin it again! That’s inspirational!!

Side note, big bud has made some interesting crosses throughout the years, I’ve yet to have seen a big bud x power plant cross. Both producing/potent, strains and could be tasty if grown properly.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LST or SCROG on an indica works exactly the same as a sativa, it just takes a few months longer. Your demands and needs are not irrational. Part of having a successful garden is making it perform to the exacting needs you as an individual posses. Can you SCROG a heavy indica like Deep Chunk? Sure, if you're patient enough.

Most heavy indica lines, while more single cola dominant, are too dense for a tight planting structure like a true SOG. You're just begging for bud rot and inner mold.

dank.Frank