What's new

making larger amounts of oil

Shred42O

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
great advice
and if you have ALOT of material you can make kief first then run the kief in the extractor to save alot of money on butane

THC4SIM

Either bho or co2. I prefer co2. Cheaper, cleaner, easier. Just be careful, in CA producing any concentrates besides bubble or sift carries same charges as manufacturing meth or crack....

www.okief.com

never seen it done with co2?? like the sound of it tho'
should be clean as fuck!! :dance013:

yea its class A when made in the UK also..
but shit does it ever work well!!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the tip BiG H3rB Tr3E, i believe the law would be that ridiculous

thanks for the help gray wolf much appreciated :tiphat:
looks like i might have to used this bio flame ethanol sold at canadian tire if i can find it it is denatured just hope i can find it in the stores i have read alot of stuff around the net that denatured is hard to find ever body just have methyl hydrate

Define denatured!

Denaturing is adding poisonous ingredients into ethanol to keep us from drinking it without paying taxes on it.

There is no standard for that and they use Methanol, Iso, etc to accomplish that end. If you pull up the MSDS for the brand that you purchase, it will show what they put in to denature it.

Methanol (methyl hydrate) is very often the major portion of denatured alcohol, because there is nothing written that it actually has to contain ethanol, only that it can't ge drunk without paying taxes or dying.

I would use the methyl hydrate. Methyl alcohol is more agressive than ethyl alcohol, so you will have to adjust your soak times accordingly.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
seriously just get an XL okief extrator. it will fit 150g of groud up material. you can easily make 15-20g of oil per run out of that tube. i don't know how much faster or easier it can be, it's possible to make multiple oz of high quality oil in a day with the XL okief tube.

For fast and easy quality oil, it is hard for me to beat butane using a 36" to 48" column.

For cheapest process simply evaporating the solvent to atmosphere, I've found nothing cheaper than denatured at $10/gallon locally. I pay $22 a case of (12) 300 ml cans for butane.

cave

ya wolf by denatured i mean to keep us from drinking it .

Bio-FlameTM is a new product formulated for use in high-end, ethanol-fuel based interior fireplaces so that consumers can enjoy the warmth and glowing ambiance without the maintenance of traditional fireplaces.

Ethanol is produced by the fermentation of sugars from crops such as sugarcane, beetroot and corn. Bio-FlameTM fuel is made using a high grade of denatured ethanol, a renewable energy source designed for use in ethanol fuelled burners.

Bio-FlameTM offers advantages that health-conscious consumers can appreciate because denatured ethanol provides clean burning results and is safe to burn indoors without venting because its main by-products are carbon dioxide, water vapours and heat. As a liquid fuel, Bio-FlameTM does not emit harmful fumes and it will not leave any soot residue to clean-up after use.

Bio-FlameTM ethanol fuel promotes the following:

•Renewable energy fuel – liquid is easily biodegradable
•Smoke-free and odourless when burned
•Can be used as an emergency source of heat
and for msds it only has
Ethyl Alcohol96%
Ethyl Acetate4%
Denatonium Benzoate 672mg/l
and water

the Denatonium Benzoate is used for denaturing because it is less toxic then methonal
and the methyl hydrate has methanol in it for denaturing so i would think it is not as good for you

and i have made oil with methyl hydrate before and did not like it. so going to try the ethanol and see what happens.

Latest posts

Latest posts