What's new

Making iso hash - what iso do you use??

wow $3

wow $3

i wish it was that cheap here bottletoke....! ! !

and my price is from the distributor direct so you can only imagine the shelf price here in austrailia .....! ! !

"BUT YOU CANT BEAT THE PHARMACUTICAL RAW MATERIAL " (IMHO)....! ! !
it's allways clean and the product is tasteless all mine tastes of is resin ..

but i'm looking for denatured alcahol in bulk and cant find it here anybody got any idea where i can find it in oz.........! ! !

O B G

A friend just made his oil for the first time from summers leftovers (after ice method to make his hash) in an old copper and used 50L of metho.

I checked the metho out in bunnings, and I think it looked fairly pure, as in no colouring (to stop if being drunk) and the alcohol % was, I think, in the 90% range.

He has now reduced that to oil, but has washed (via water and steam reduction) to clear the chloriphil (?) and other impurities.

So guys, your experience and wisdom is required. Is there anything wrong with using metho to extract oil?

Advice, comments?

Thanks,

Iso hash.. ugh... ok...

First, I recomend doing ethanol extraction instead of iso. Iso has a tendancy to pull out a lot of plant waxes, tannins and tars. This is good for some plant extractions, like salvia divinorum, but when it comes to cannabis you want to keep it as close to THC and the other cannabanoids as you can. Ethanol does a better job of washing the tannins and tars away. Moonshine is best, but hard to find. Bacardi 151, Everclear, or corn liquor are best, but any clear neutral spirit is good. Compaired side by side Iso hash will look like a ball of swamp green frog tar poop, while ethanol will look amber and crystaline.

(please note, alcahol extraction has a poor yield unless you spend $500+ USD on a cold finger extractor, which still isn't the best)
If you still want to do the Iso extraction, don't use anything scented, mentholated, mixed or otherwise screwed with. Try to find 99.9% pure iso, but anything else will work (just takes a lot longer to dry), 90% being the most common high concentration.

(the method for iso and ethanol are the same from here out)
Soak the bud overnight in a sealed jar to prevent evaporation. The next day you'll wake up to a jar full of neon green soupy solvent. Fashion a press by pushing two flat waterproof surfaces together (like the bottoms of two mason jars). Strain the plant matter out of the soup with coffee filters, or cheese cloth if you can find it. leaving the plant matter in the filter medium, squeeze the bejesus out of it with the press, collecting the juice in the filtered alcahol. You can resoak it in fresh solvent if you want, but it's not necessary.

Find a flat surface you can scrape a razor blade across, like a ceramic/glass plate, cassarole dish, etc. Put a pot on the stove and fill it about 3/4 of an inch with water. Next, put a wet paper towel on the brim of the pot, (creating a gasket), and place your plate/whatever on top. You just made a double boiler!

Open up a window, & grab a desk fan. Pour as much of the solution as you can onto the surface. If it won't all fit, don't sweat it. Turn the stove on super low at first, and bring it to temp at no more than just below medium. You don't want to risk catching the alcahol on fire. You'll start to notice vapors rising off the surface when it's getting warm enough. Place your desk fan to blow across the surface of the solution to speed the process.

when the alcahol has evaporated off a good bit, you'll start to see some collections of stuff floating around in the bottom. when you can fit more alcahol on the dish, go for it, till there's none left to pour.

The alcahol goes quick, what you'll be left with is distilled water and hash (sorta). Keep the double boil going untill all the visible liquid is gone. when it's reached a desired dryness, scrape all the residue into a ball with a razor blade. put a layer of bud at the bottom of a bowl, and pinch off balls of your prize.

Thanks Dinx - I've copied this for my friend, who has been trying to work out the process himself - see my post above...

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If ethanol produces better oil then i want some... anyone know where all that bio-fuel ethanol is? In fact i have an article in a real old Mother magazine that shows how to make a solar still for making ethanol at home :D:D

:smoweed:

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shit yeah!

Just havta dig out my old scanner and boot er up.

Give us a few days and i will see what i can do :D

eexpee

Err, my half ounce went moldy so I panicked, I used the only iso I had which was isocol, the green bottle, I know it's perfumed, and the smoke is soapy, but now I am thinking I might not want to be smoking this stuff due to the scent and soapy taste... do you think it is dangerous? Would smoking it through a bong filter the perfume? I really don't want to throw it out. Maybe I could do another extraction on the 'impure' oil with some more pure iso to remove the perfume? HELP!

Technique

I'd throw it out. fuck that shit.

better off using bubble bags these days! so much cleaner!

i will never do iso again