What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making ICMag self-sufficient.....

ezozo

Here some in Holland land of the brave :joint:
you can find some nice dedicated server for less then 500$

1)
Eagle Web Services

Chambertinlaan 37
Maastricht Limburg, The Netherlands

Phone: +31-619-778700
sales@ewsnl.com
www.ewsnl.com
Company Started in 2000

2)
Caribbean Hosting

St. Sebastian 5b
Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles

Phone: 5999-5144534
sales@caribbeanhosting.com
www.caribbeanhosting.com
Company Started in 2002

3)
VibeHosting

Honingklaver 58
Venlo LB, Netherlands
Phone: +31 (0)6-48200551
sales@vibehosting.com
www.vibehosting.com
Company Started in 2003

4)
FiberRacks Networks

Gyroscoopweg 2F 1042 AB Amsterdam
Amsterdam NH, The Netherlands

Phone: +31.(0)20 486 6096
sales@fiberracks.com
www.fiberracks.com
Company Started in 2000

5)
Dedigate | The Uptime Company

Kuppersweg 75
Haarlem NH, The Netherlands

Phone: +31-(0)23-547 79 46
info@dedigate.com
www.dedigate.com
Company Started in 2000

I could bring 20 more just want to make my point.

peace
zozo

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Grat3fulh3ad said:
IMHO if cheaper webhosting = less security, then I'd gladly pay... Hell, I'd even pay double to cover someone who couldn't afford to pay...

Thanks Head, now I don't need to use my new avatar :tongue:

j/k

deepsoul

hmm.. this may be a lame idea..but why not set up a paypal account for donations...advertise the account in a sticky in a forum so that most of us who would be happy to donate can do it...and then maybe once a month send out a prize to the highest donator per month....

im sure that would help out heaps...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Thanks for all the good ideas guys.........yes it is expensive........and it is very secure......we have a 5 Megabit traffic usage cabability monthly....and the site runs nice and quick...

.....If you feel the need to help out in any way then your generosity is more than welcome.....

..So I will just ask for voluntary donations to:

Gypsy Nirvana
Postbus 10578
1012 VK
Amsterdam
Holland....

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
If the beans bring in the bread I would continue marketing those and consider expanding the auction section [members goods maybe?]. Bringing good beans to market is still going to be a large asset to any website. Bonus points for a large world wide variety.

Then if you are already sending beans what other stoner stuff would people buy if it was good stuff at a decent price? Pipes, bongs, trays, stash boxes, grinders, glassware, mousepads, shirts, coffee mugs?? Every sale with more than beans in it means mo' money.

Right now the euro is really strong on the US dollar so getting goods in the US would be a bargain. Theres also plenty of glassblowers in the US that would love to sell production work to europe to avoid the federal paraphernalia laws in the US.

deepsoul

the problem with voluntary donations to that address gypsy.....

is that its not a point and click and pay...its a postal address...

donations need to be done online in another name/business...

its in your name.... which maybe for the rest of the world is soemething for us to be wary off.... as well im sure its a well heard of name..

I love this site..except for the little bitching I have seen...

and i love getting beans to where I am.... just not the name that appears.....

set up a different name on a paypal account....we will donate

:)

thats just my 2 cents..

Last edited:

ezozo

deepsoul this is not the proble
Just put money order or cash without you addy

thats just my 2 cents.. ;)
zozo

Stan Laurel

I recently read a post by an Admin on another site which supplies seeds that they might have to close the growing section of the forum :badday:
Not one to read between the lines, but could it be that seeling seeds and running a site informing people how to grow could be coming to an end due to legal issues?
I hope not!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you have our support Gypsy, I will send a MO asap.....we are all family here and should help out as much as we can, thats what family does :D

G

PayPal would freeze the account in a heartbeat once they found out what it was for... and they would find out. Paypal ALSO discloses personal info when makeing a payment. I would buy NOTHING canna or grow related (lights, nutes... etc..) with Paypal.

Subscription based sounds great... make the site... free to read... however... Membership has its privledges, etc... posting ability... pic viewing ability, etc. A subscription needs to be instant... the moment you pay... you get to play.

It's hard to sell advertising... unless you have traffic that is stable. Banner ads work on impressions. As an advertiser... I would want access to that info and sophisticated stats as well.

2500 euros seems way too much for a 5Mb connection... even in Holland. You can get a dutch server in the 500 euro range for 5Mb. What is the other 2 grand for?

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would also pay fir a subscription.

I would also pay fir a subscription.

Grat3fulh3ad said:
I'd pay for a subscription to ICmag.com....
I agree with the Grat3s...I would hurry and pay. This community if very interesting, friendly, and informative...........plus I really missed everyone while we were gone, Dr. Duck.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Maistre said:
PayPal would freeze the account in a heartbeat once they found out what it was for... and they would find out. Paypal ALSO discloses personal info when makeing a payment. I would buy NOTHING canna or grow related (lights, nutes... etc..) with Paypal.

Subscription based sounds great... make the site... free to read... however... Membership has its privledges, etc... posting ability... pic viewing ability, etc. A subscription needs to be instant... the moment you pay... you get to play.

It's hard to sell advertising... unless you have traffic that is stable. Banner ads work on impressions. As an advertiser... I would want access to that info and sophisticated stats as well.

2500 euros seems way too much for a 5Mb connection... even in Holland. You can get a dutch server in the 500 euro range for 5Mb. What is the other 2 grand for?

ya paypal is shady, but for getting coin its great. and i dont see why "they would find out". no way they have to realize what kind of fund it is.

i know peeps sold bongs for a year with paypal no problems. there is no info about bongs given to paypal, so they will never know.

G

id send cash to help keep the site up, if it was a dire situation, but there would have to be a "ICmag site fund" set up. and official, im not sendin cash to any name no matter whos it is.

no diss but sounds like hey all send me money.

Pike

Latest posts

Latest posts