What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making AutoFlowering Seeds from Diesel Ryder

SmokeSolid

Hi I am new to this autoflowering stuff I want to try it out just for fun.

I decided to experiment with Joint Doctor Diesel Ryder. Got 10 seeds comming and I was wondering that if I cross them their seeds will be autoflowering to?

I think they will but ive read that they dont pass on that to the next gen? I really cant understand why but i will do the experiment any way and let you know in a couple of months.

Regards,

I

IceColdCrickets

I really don't know where you read they don't make AutoFlowering Offspring when inbred pure. ...PLEASE LINK... Autoflowering is a reccessive trait and if your stain is 100% AF you will be 100% AF offspring, it is a genetic trait that can be locked down, just takes awhile. Now if you cross an Pure 100% AF strains with a NON-AF strain your offspring will more then likely be NON-AF due to the reccessive nature of the AutoFlowering gene.

So ya breed them pure and you will have Diesel Ryder seeds. Most should look like the parents you used,, Most pure AFs are very stable, once again due to the reccessive nature of the AF trait.,, As the breeder is locking down the AF trait he is also locking down many other traits aswell, so you can be sure your stock is good for breeding new stock for future use.

hope that helps, ICC.

punx777

Lots of people make auto seeds, hell you can even make feminized seeds on the cheap if you wanna... crossing an auto with a non is hard as fuck

D

Denial N Error

The auto trait will always be passed on when you cross a 100% autoflowering male with a 100% autoflowering female.

what if i have 2 plants from feminized seeds, white dwarf and easy ryder and i pollinate them with a diesel ryder male, will i get fully auto seeds?? some folks say don't make seeds with feminized stock and others say go for it...let me know...thanks

GKN

punx777

Just to be safe, you really should use feminized plants for buds and use regular seeds for breeding and such. people have told me alot that you will get hermis or problems.. hey either way you got a bunch of non seeded buds to smoke

yeah that's true...as an experiment for myself, to finally know, i may pollinate a few branches on one of the feminized ladies, then grow em out and see what happens...

*mr.mike*

Just to be safe, you really should use feminized plants for buds and use regular seeds for breeding and such. people have told me alot that you will get hermis or problems.. hey either way you got a bunch of non seeded buds to smoke

I have not found that to be the case. I made some fem seeds about two years ago and have been using the same descendents of the fems for since then. No hermies ever. You can get some cool plants by getting fem seeds and crossing them over and over.

C

cork144

yeah that's true...as an experiment for myself, to finally know, i may pollinate a few branches on one of the feminized ladies, then grow em out and see what happens...

for afew extra seeds it will be worth it,

Wont be 100 % autoflowering until you cross them 7 times. Give it a go :)

Usually, you can cross a regular strain to a atuo strain and make it a fully 100% auto by inbreeding it 3-4 times.
I've created many auto strains.
Auto Biddy Early
Auto Matanuska ThunderFuck
Auto G-13Haze
Auto C-99
etc..